Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #41
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: Are my children monsters? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
This is interesting. I never knew it was considered so rude for my 19month old to play with sugar packets and salt shakers. We don't let her be loud, but didn't realize that all these things were so bad.

Interesting. Will take it all into account.

I don't think it's rude. As long as they're not licking the s&p shakers, hahaha. I think it's normal. I remember playing "cards" with sugar packets at 19, but I do understand how one can be skeeved out by it because of chance of unknown moisture getting on the packet.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #42
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
As a prior restaurant owner the only 2 things- well 3 things I ever had a problem with we're salt, pepper, ketchup. Sugar and jelly packs are cheap! But if a kid licks a salt and pepper shaker- that contaminates the whole darn thing and they ate a bi**h to dry!!
The ketchup because we didn't use refillable bottles- in Texas if you don't dump the old stuff on bottom and you just refill the bottles the old ketchup on bottom will explode- yuck! So the ketchup bottles are expensive for hunts squeeze ones. If a kid licks that - which happened a lot- again the entire bottle gets trashed. That can add up quick!

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #43
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

EVer notice how many restaurants refill ketchup bottles (like the official heinz bottles) the ones that say, "do not refill." That skeevs me out.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #44
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife
EVer notice how many restaurants refill ketchup bottles (like the official heinz bottles) the ones that say, "do not refill." That skeevs me out.
Ewwwww I hate that.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #45
Twinvillageiowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't personally let my kids play with the jelly packets. If we are getting toast or something, I let them look through to pick their own flavor, but the thought of all of the hands that I have no idea where they have been on messing around with the jelly or sugar just skeeves me out. I mean, sure my kids wash their hands but really, how clean are little kid hands? I swear you turn your back and they have a finger up their nose or are picking pennies up from parking lots. I can't imagine wanting that on my food, so I try to keep it off of the food that others might want to eat. I do think that there are better, more respectful ways for that waitress to address the issue.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #46
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The waitress was very rude and uncalled for IMO

On a side note- thanks to this thread I may never use condiments from restaurants ever again I was happy in my ignorance till now
Old 04-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #47
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell
The waitress was very rude and uncalled for IMO

On a side note- thanks to this thread I may never use condiments from restaurants ever again I was happy in my ignorance till now
The worst is the ketchup pumps at mcds. We always request (and demand if needed) packets instead.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #48
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would call management. In a heart beat. I waited tables for years. Do you know how many hands have touched those jelly packets and sugar packets before they get to the table? I promise you all of the servers hands are not clean when they reach in there. And when the entire box goes tumbling onto the floor ( and it does more than you think) they do not throw those out. Many, many, many grown people play with them at the table.and throw them at each other and they get dropped on the floor and put right back in the caddy. They are SEALED.
For those saying you do not want to eat it after a child touches it, you are not eating the package, you are eating what is inside the SEALED package. You do not lick the outside of the package i would think.How many people do you think handled the food you bought at the grocery store before you brought it home?
As for the sugar packets getting wet, well yes, through those away. But to throw away the entire caddy? She was just being nasty.
Please, please call management!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #49
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
Monsters no, but it isn't an appropriate behavior. No one wants everyones hands on things they are going to potentially eat. Yuck. I would never consider allowing my child to do it. We bring cars, leap frog electronics (with the sound taped as they are loud), crayons/books, and lots of other toys to keep him occupied as we feel it is our responsibility not the staffs. I also don't allow him to roam around and he must be in the high chair. If he can't do that, we leave (we've only left twice and both times were no nap over tired and we should not have pushed it and eaten out so it was our fault). I also try but not always bring the plastic table mats and depending on where we go silverware and snacks for before meal if it is going to take a while. I'm probably in the minority too as I am sometimes amazed at how some kids act in public with parents egging them on (not special needs).

I can't stand how some parents let their kids behave in a restaurant .
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #50
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

That server was RUDE. Making comments like that was totally uncalled for. I would have felt attacked as well. I'm sorry.

Last edited by RachelC; 04-30-2012 at 12:23 AM.
RachelC is offline   Reply With Quote