Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
May mamas weekly chat 4/30-5/6

It's MAY!!!! (ok so will be on tuesday) Great month to have a baby! I can't believe we havn't had more arrivals...I think we're up to 10?

How many days till your EDD?

When your little one DOES arrive, there is a sticky at the top of this forum where you can post the stats and I'll update it all into the first post.

Afm- I'm up with ds2, who has a fever and is miserable :/ I have 12 days untill my edd, so now I'm hoping the baby stays put a few more days

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
janay0865
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May mamas weekly chat 4/30-5/6

good morning mamas!!!

10 more days until my edd :-) Nursery, birth plan and bag is DONE! and MIL leaves in just a few hours...baby can official vacate anytime it is ready now. Although I do think it is going to be another week or so.

Tina-hope DS2 feels better. Poor guy! I totally understand not wanting to go into labor now. My doula was saying that in most cases your body will not naturally go into labor if you are too tense or overly worried?? FX baby boy is on the mend soon!

Plan for today...clean and download some more music for my labor playlist :-) I am really starting to get excited now!!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My "due date" still feels so far away (5/29!) but I think for some reason she will come around mid May so 2 ish weeks

My son turns 6 on Thursday!! Can't believe it.. He has a yucky cold right now also so I'm praying I don't catch it!

I'm off to babysit today for a friend and DS is staying with my mom for the day. I hope to work this week and next then I'm going to stop (at 37 weeks) the extra money is just so nice!!

Hope everyone has a great day! Maybe it's baby day for some one here
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well I think I technically 18 days. But being that today is the longest time I've ever been preggo it could be anytime.

I woke up at 4:30 feeling like crap... Still feeling like that. My hips don't hurt at all today. But I am cold, shaky, nauseas feeling, crampy and uncomfortable. Really unless I'm walking or in the shower I don't feel right. I really feel like the morning I woke up at had Dd. so guess we will see what happens today. I've already had a shower today. But thinking I'll take the kids to school in a few minutes and then come back home and take another shower and then lay on the sofa and see what happens.

Oh and every little movement that the kids make is annoying me. Having to say something again is taking way to much effort. The kids touch me and it drives me up the wall. That's sooo not normal.

Last edited by dreamingkristin; 04-30-2012 at 06:29 AM.
dreamingkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
Jatango
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
One. More. Day. Probably not going to be here on his EDD though, I've still had zero labor signs. No dropping, no plug, no more BH. Pretty sure I'm a low and slow kinda girl. I probably cook them with a lightbulb like my old easybake oven. Anyone have some gas burners they can spare? <grin>

Sent from my iPhone, auto-correct be darned!

Jatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

9 days left, not counting today. Had contractions since about 3am this morning but they are very weak and spaced, so I'm not holding out for today..

I have school to catch up on, and Dh's back at work...so at least it'd be nice for him to wait till those are finished today to come. Could have SWORN I'd have had an April baby...not looking like it. 38w5d today..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Hmm, 14 days until EDD. DD was 10 days early, it's so tempting to think the same will happen again. I'm just trying to keep the house clean and bake. I may wash diapers today, they've been in storage for 2 years.

I still haven't talked to DH about circ-ing. I'm sure he will want to, and I'm just not sure. We didn't cut off part of DD when she was born. Need to read up on that a little. My cousin has a 6 month old and they did, and the surgeon told them something like 95% of the babies born in our hospital are.

Janelle, what's on your playlist? I wanted to get something new but haven't yet.

Jess: that made me laugh about the e-z bake oven. He'll be here before you know it. Try to enjoy these last few days of pregnancy. do you have a journal, or need/want a pedicure?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm in a post due date count now, she was due yesterday. I have an appointment with the acupuncturist today to hopefully avoid an induction since my OB doesn't want anyone going over 41 weeks. I think it would be ironic if she came one minute before May 1 just to prove to me she won't be a May baby like I think she will be at this point. I thought she'd be early too based on how early she dropped and all that irritable uterus jazz. DS was a week early too.

AFM: I actually got some decent sleep last night without taking a benadryl. I only took one a couple times after a night with lots of contractions that went no where. She dropped again and I think she actually dropped lower somehow, either way lots of pressure again. I want to get hopeful, but this has happened so many times and after a false labor run I'm afraid to. My mom is here helping me with DS though so that is really helpful and I've gotten a really nice chance to relax.

Last edited by blueone; 04-30-2012 at 07:38 AM.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

dp.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Lost my mucus plug all day yesterday, all day pretty much. A big bloody glob in the morning, more in the afternoon, and another big glob after an hour of 2-3 min apart contractions..this morning more stringy stuff.. it just seems like soooo much. 38 week tomorrow.. appt Thursday.. DTD yesterday afternoon..gonna try again tonight, and doing manual nipple stimulation..I have these damn contractions, last 1-2 minutes, 3-6 minutes apart..and I have to seriously cry through some of them, then they stop...I wanna check myself, but I have so much goop up there its gross.