Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May mamas weekly chat 4/30-5/6

4 days until my EDD But really there isn't a whole lot going on over here, and I'm now thinking that I'll be going over With my last 2 I was dilated and had tons of pressure beforehand. With my 3'rd I was a 3-4 with a bulging bag for at least a week beforehand. This time? I'm barely a 2, his head keeps floating back up and when it does most of my effacement goes right with it.

At least I woke up not in pain today! My stomach has been super off and upset the last few days for no apparent reason. I wish it actually meant something. Today would sure be a lovely day to have a baby

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
I'm in a post due date count now, she was due yesterday. I have an appointment with the acupuncturist today to hopefully avoid an induction since my OB doesn't want anyone going over 41 weeks. I think it would be ironic if she came one minute before May 1 just to prove to me she won't be a May baby like I think she will be at this point. I thought she'd be early too based on how early she dropped and all that irritable uterus jazz. DS was a week early too.
I'm hoping mine will prove me wrong, too! But I've had a lot less action than you. I'm at 40+4, and I've had everything (baby dropped, most muscus plug, dilation, effacement) EXCEPT contractions. I'm so worried that it's just my body not knowing what the next step is, and I'll have to be induced at the last minute. I'm GBS+ so my doula has recommended I don't get a membrane sweep. Not sure about that yet. NST today...hoping for good news.
BCsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm 37 weeks today! My EDD is 21 days away (May 21). Baby is definitely moving lower, but hasn't dropped really, it keeps floating back up. I'm totally fine with going to my due date. For some reason I think I'm going to have this baby pretty close to it. My mom comes on May 17 to stay for almost a month to help us with the kids and postpartum life, so any time after then is good with me. As of today I don't feel that my body is quite "ready" yet.

Got a ton of stuff done over the weekend! Carseat installed, van cleaned, random household projects completed. Still more to do, but I'm seeing the end of my list, at least! Going grocery shopping today, and then pulling out NB clothes and diapers to wash. Can't believe it's getting so close!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #14
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

17 days until my EDD, not counting today. I'm doing 2 bags of RRL, 1 vaginal EPO, 1 oral EPO, walking, and some spinning babies (inversion, pelvic tilts) everyday. Oh, and orgasms.

Hey, the MW said they help!! Lol!
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #15
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsMom

I'm hoping mine will prove me wrong, too! But I've had a lot less action than you. I'm at 40+4, and I've had everything (baby dropped, most muscus plug, dilation, effacement) EXCEPT contractions. I'm so worried that it's just my body not knowing what the next step is, and I'll have to be induced at the last minute. I'm GBS+ so my doula has recommended I don't get a membrane sweep. Not sure about that yet. NST today...hoping for good news.
Don't worry! I was 40+7days with my first, and no real signs before then (except some random BH about a week before). I was GBS+ with her too, but she was born so fast I didn't even have time for antibiotics...5 hours from my first real contraction, and only 2 hours after we got to the birth center. She was perfect and never had any GBS issues. I totally understand the stress of going past dates, though. You'll have your little one in your arms soon! Your body was made for this!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #16
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

2 days until my edd. I saw the MW this morning and had her check me and do a sweep. I'm 2cm and 70% so I guess we are getting closer. I still haven't had any contractions yet, not even BH. I've been doing the nst's 2x a week bc of the GD and little boy is doing great. I guess he's nice and comfortable in there and doesn't want out.

Unfortunately though ds got gave us his cold, so far I'm doing ok but I'm worried that it's going to get way worse and that is the last thing I want to deal with while in labor. Last time I had a cold I ended up with really bad bronchitis. Anyway it's time to get out the neti pot and benedryl.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #17
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have 3 to 10 days left until due date. The 9th is based off lmp ad the 3rd is based off early u/s. So really anyday now.

I am feeling very dizzy today and have a bad headache. Hoping it goes away soon and is just from not drinking enough water last night and today.
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have 20 days left - give or take. I have been feelign really tired, but today I'm cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! I really want to get everything I can done today so I'm ready when baby comes. I got my room looking pretty good, doing tons of laundry, I need to pack my bag and go buy sheets.

The kids though are being AWFUL. My 4.5 year old DD BIT her favorite leader in her kids club yesterday. We were shocked! And then today she bit her brother. I am at my wits end with these kids and am getting super stressed as to how I'm going to deal with them and a newborn. I'm hoping the grandparents will be willing to take them every few days for a few hours. Otherwise I may go insane.

I've been having some very strong contractions every now and then, so I'm thinking I will be dealing with never ending pre-labor like I did last time. I have gone over my due date both times before, so I'm thinking that will happen again this time. Although I would LOVE for her to come a bit early!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #19
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsMom View Post
I'm GBS+ too and they won't even consider a membrane sweep. I asked out of desperation at my last appointment. Outside of that the acupuncture did something, it got her off my right hip and now she's straight up and down and in full on position. I'm hoping it works with just this first session (usually the labor starts within 24 hours), but it can take up to 3. I have the next appointment on Wednesday after my OB apt that will schedule the induction and do the whole NST etc route. As it was, I was doing a lot of what the acupuncturist recommended, eating healthy food, getting rest etc. I'm looking forward to the next appointment though, I love acupuncture, it really does help (had treatment with it for allergies).
Old 04-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
jenni_michelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ugh, I still have 30 days left

TMI warning...

Last night DH and I were DTD and right as I had an 'O' I got a contraction. It was seriously the oddest feeling to have both at the same time. Has that happened to anyone else? My BH contractions are ones that I can now feel pressure being put on my cervix so I could really feel it in my cervix last night. Today I'm feeling super crampy... it isn't BH contractions but just a constant period like crampy feeling. I'd LOVE to think this all means I'm going to have this baby before EDD but i HIGHLY doubt it BOO!