Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Re: May mamas weekly chat 4/30-5/6

I was gbs+ too - my mw got here about 2 hrs before dd2 was born & I didn't have antibiotics.

Dd1 went to Windsor yesterday with her grandma so it is just me and the baby during the day for the week. I miss how productive I could be without the baby. Our big drive Saturday should be interesting with a 2wk old.

I want to try to sell some of our cloth as os is just working better, I wish I had a little baby that fit in nb for awhile - ah well.

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #22
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

dp

Last edited by moonlightblonde; 04-30-2012 at 01:34 PM.
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
eli'smama
Registered Users
seller

12 days until my EDD but we will be meeting Kyra on May 7th at noon!!!! That means one week from right now I will be holding my sweet baby girl I had my final OB appt and u/s today. Baby measured 8 lbs and I still have a ton of extra fluid but everything looked great.

ATM: I am realizing how much still needs to be done and how little time I have to do it in! I would like to get the house deep cleaned, bags still need to be packed, grocery shopping and a few last minute baby things, final touches on the nursery, and some general organizing of our life and house!!! Now if I only had a magic wand. Plus on top of this DH has 4 finals and a final paper that all have to be done this week on top of his normal class load because finals week is next week but with the c/s they are letting him take them all early! Can you say busy week?!?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

I am so exhausted today. I've had these weird mini labors through the day, losing my mucus plug.. tonight when Asher goes to bed, I am gonna take a nice long hot bath..maybe it'll help calm me down some.... my due date is May 15th... so I don't know 14-15 days?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #25
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

31 days til my due date. Lol! But dd came 10 days early so I'm hoping this one comes a little early too.

I have the worst heartburn/reflux that is not going away with Zantac and Tums. I'm also exhausted...tried to take a nap and phones, clocks and heartburn kept waking me up. Now dd is awake and I don't know how I'm going to make it til her bedtime. Ugh.

On the bright side, had a good mw appt today. Baby is still head down, and she got the hiccups while the mw was feeling her position. Haha! Everything is looking good so now we just have to hang on for 10 more days (to make it to 37w) and she's welcome to come any time after that. Also, I'm feeling much more confident about delivery now. I don't know why but something just clicked today and I feel like I can do this!
I'm waking up so frequently all night every night that I told dh I might actually get more sleep once this baby is born.
Megan, sorry you're so exhausted. I hope you can get some rest!
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #26
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921
I am so exhausted today. I've had these weird mini labors through the day, losing my mucus plug.. tonight when Asher goes to bed, I am gonna take a nice long hot bath..maybe it'll help calm me down some.... my due date is May 15th... so I don't know 14-15 days?
Yep. Mini labors. Lol. That's a good term for them. They suck. Wish it would just turn into real labor and be done with.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

I can check my own cervix, its real low and anterior finally.. and I am still a stretchy 3cm, can be stretch to 4cm... Lost all my plug I think.. If not.. its nasty how much I had in there...I know once I finally go into "real labor", it'll be quick.. cervix still feels fairly long though.. I was about 50% effaced Friday
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #28
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

So for our TMI moment of the day today, I'd like to tell you ladies about choking and peeing on myself simultaneously.

I was eating an orange and sucked some juice in my airway, which wasn't that big of a deal, but then I had one of those uncontrollable coughing spells and peed a little bit. Well, that kinda made me laugh, which made the coughing worse, which in turn made me pee on myself more. So finally I got up and ran to the bathroom, which upset DH, who thought I was running through the house because I was choking to death and panicking.

It took 5 solid minutes to finally tell him, "Don't worry. I'm ok. I just can't stop peeing on myself."

Then I noticed a wet spot on the couch and was fussing at my dog, who has spay incontinence and sometimes drizzles without realizing it, when I realized... hmm, I really don't know which one of us did that. Could be the incontinent dog. Could be the pregnant lady.

That's a bad state of affairs, I'll tell ya.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #29
kierstenw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be pregnant forever.

No signs of labor so far. Just really swollen feet and loads of sleepless nights.
Mommy to our anniversary babe, Josie (5/8/12) and bb#2 due in September!

kierstenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #30
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel ya on the swollen feet and the uncomfy nights... kinda dreading tonight.. still have the crampy/achy feelings and just feel 'off'... I'm out of Tylanol...I asked DH to get some more..hope he doesn't forget... so I think I'lll take a nice warm bath tonight and some Tylanol and see if that helps... I have a dr. appt. tomorrow so guess I'll see then what's up in there.. hopefully I'll be dilated enought that he will just send me to L&D and break my water and be done! I"m done! I'm done with contractions and 'mini' labors that keep coming and going and makking me uncomfy!