Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of April 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
We are doing full- we found a clinic that will do it for us for about $5000. They are basically doing it half price because they opened a new clinic and are trying to get clients.

That seems like a great price. That doesn't include meds does it?

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow that is the price of mini ivf at our clinic
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Hey girls. I finally found the new thread. No bfp for us....tested through day 10 and got nothing. Not planning on testing anymore. I got a DARK bfp with my daughter's IUI on day 10 but nothing with this one.

Going in Wed to discuss options. I am going to ask about mini IVF. That has never been suggested to us. Anyone know how much the medication for an IVF costs? Out of pocket price?

Any other suggestions to questions I should ask? I am going to ask about financing.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Jacqueline: Sorry about the BFN! I did a sort of mini IVF and my meds were about 2k. But I had some extra meds that a lot of people don't use. And some people actually just take femara or clomid for mini IVF, which wayyyy lowers the cost. I used femara plus gonal-f. Gonal-f is $900 per vial. The rest of the meds were fairly cheap. For full IVF, I was quoted 3-6k for meds, depending on what kind of dosage they think you need. That really jacks up the cost! Mine was entirely out of pocket. But some people are lucky enough to have their meds covered - it's rare. Still hoping you get your BFP this time!

Cindy
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alright IVF mamas, it is a option for us, but one I have reservations about. Any good sources on risks to the baby/babies when doing IVF. Like premature birth, complications, health issues? DH's insurance actually covers infertility and our OB is all about us going that route, I just worry about the above mentioned things.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #16
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Doodle: I think the risk of birth defects is like a teeny tiny bit higher with ICSI and even debatably so. If you don't have male factor issues, you don't need icsi. Once you are pregnant, you have the same risks as a normal pregnancy - unless you are pregnant with twins. Then you have higher risks for premature birth, etc but they are the same as a naturally conceived twin pregnancy. You are SO lucky you have infertility coverage! You might as well take advantage of it to bypass your tubal issues!

I know it sounds like this insane process and procedure, but once you are in it and have gone through it, it's not nearly as overwhelming as when you are first considering it. When I first found out we had issues that could necessitate doing IVF (well before it was even suggested by the docs), it just sounded like SO much to go thru and I couldn't imagine every doing it. But it's not that bad in the end. And definitely worth it for another squishy baby!

Cindy
Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
Hey girls. I finally found the new thread. No bfp for us....tested through day 10 and got nothing. Not planning on testing anymore. I got a DARK bfp with my daughter's IUI on day 10 but nothing with this one.

Going in Wed to discuss options. I am going to ask about mini IVF. That has never been suggested to us. Anyone know how much the medication for an IVF costs? Out of pocket price?

Any other suggestions to questions I should ask? I am going to ask about financing.
My dr. says 1-2K for meds for mini IVF. That is OOP

So I'm 13 DPO. Didn't test today. I feel crampy but no spotting yet. I usually at least have brownish tinged cm by now. It could be the meds putting AF off (my progesterone is higher than normal because of O'ing multiple eggs) If I haven't spotted at all I will test in the AM. Now I'm wishing I would have temp'd this cycle.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle19
Alright IVF mamas, it is a option for us, but one I have reservations about. Any good sources on risks to the baby/babies when doing IVF. Like premature birth, complications, health issues? DH's insurance actually covers infertility and our OB is all about us going that route, I just worry about the above mentioned things.
Crashing to say I agree with Cindy. Icsi raises your risk of birth defects from 3% to 4%. I think you also have a very slightly higher risk of twins even with single embryo transfer with any assisted hatching or icsi. For medical reasons I did single embryo but my dr told me it only decreased the pregnancy rate for my age bracket by like 5%. (from like 45% to 40%). Obviously if you put more than 1 embryo in the risks associated with multiple pregnancy are there. I was lucky to got pregnant on our first IVF both times. Good luck with your decision!!

(ps since I only lurk really could you remove me from the list? Thanks)
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #19
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Vegan Princess---thanks so much for those encouraging words! That means a lot to me!
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #20
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Darn it, AF showed