Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #21
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of April 30th

Oh man Amy- I am so sorry. Hang in there today!

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh boo Amy, sorry
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Screen Name (Real Name): sdavis514 (Sarah)
Current Children and age: one DS age 4 1/2
Lost Children and Dates: none
Diagnosis: We were NTNP for 4 years, diagnosed with PCOS in 2003 and put on clomid from 9/04-1/05, no results, took break and became pregnant with DS with no intervention in Aug 2006. Recent blood work suggested no insulin resistance. Clomid again 9/11-1/12. BFNs IUI cycle in April - BFN
Treatment and meds: Clomid 100 mg cd 3-9, ovidrel trigger shot and progesterone suppositories
Next Appointment: Call when AF shows and start clomid, u/s cd 12 to check follicle sizes
Cycles TTC another: NTNP for 4 years, Actively TTC since Jan 11

Can I please get updated when you get a chance? Thanks

Amy - ((HUGS)) mama! We are in the 2ww thread together and I was hoping for you!

Slimy- I totally feel you. This was my first monitored clomid/IUI cycle and I was/am a wreck! The hope is always there that I might get a BFP every months but this last month, since it involved medical intervention, I really had alot more hope and thus an incredible amount of disappointment!

Jacqueline- Fx still for you!!! Maybe a late implanter? Good luck at your appt! I am not ready to talk IVF yet with my Dr but I am very interested in info on the mini IVF since we are completely self pay on this IF journey.

Carissa- how did the folly check go? I used the ovidrel for the first time last month. It seemed to work since the DR could see the folly on the U/s the next day and said that I definitely Oed. Good luck!!!

AFM - Well I did my first monitored Clomid / IUI cycle in April. Clomid 100 mg cd 3-9, folly check cd 12 - 12 , folly check cd 16 - 20.5, check cd 17 - 26, trigger shot and IUI cd 18. I had my progesterone checked 8 dpo and was told it was a little low so they prescribed progersterone suppositories 200 mg. Took them from 8 dpo to 14 dpo. Been testing twice a day since 10 dpo and all BFNs Today is 16 dpo but I have heard that the progesterone can delay AF so I am not holding out hope for anything. Dr said to take a HPT on Friday if no AF and call them back. So right now, looks like I am waiting for AF so that I can start a new cycle. As far as I know, we will be doing the same protocol for May, 100 mg clomid, triggershot and progesterone suppositories after IUI.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #24
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Big Hugs Amy, I'm so sorry!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #25
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Amy I'm sorry about your BFN

Jacqueline sorry for you too. I think you US girls should really look into doing IVF in another country. I'm always shocked how high your prices are-my IVF would cost me 2500$ out of pocket and about 700$ for the meds here in Austria-that is with assisted hatching and ICSI. Insurance pays 70% and our out of pocket is 1000$ for everything.

Doodle I think the other girls have answered your question about birth defects etc. Basically once you are pregnant you are not even high risk anymore (unless you have other things going on apart from the IF like me :P ) The multiples risk would be the biggest one but many, many clinics do single embryo transfers now and the pregnancy rate is only slightly lower with those. One thing that I I should at least mention is that IVF really takes a toll on your body and there is a very real risk of OHSS with every cycle (part of the super ovulation with IVF is making you have OHSS so mild OHSS is considered normal and to be expected!). But I'm about to do my 9th fresh cycle so take all this FWIW Bottom line is for those of us who desperately want another baby it's worth it.

Sarah sorry-hope you still get a BFP even if it's a late one. Otherwise good luck for next cycle!

Could you update me Rebecca?
Screen Name (Real Name): ingrid5699 (Ingrid)
Age (DH): 41 (ME) 37
Current Children and age: Patrick, 5 years, Aurelia 3 years
Lost Children and dates: triplets Nov. 2004, baby B May 2006, latest little angel 2'12
Diagnosis: Me: endometriosis and immunological issues, DH: male factor
Treatment and Meds: fresh IVF #9 ahead, too many meds to list
Next appointment: May 16th for baseline u/s, start stims May 19th, retrieval the last week in May
Cycles TTC another: never prevented, 3 FET failures, 1 fresh cycle failure, one m/c this time around
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #26
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone, its hard but I have known for a few days that it wasn't going to work, so I am doing ok today. DH and I have been talking. I think we might go ahead and do full IVF. We are going to go in for a consult sometime maybe next week, I'm not sure. I would rather wait a year but dh doesn't want to so, he is worried about spacing and our kids. I'm terrified that this won't work, but at least we can say we tried right?
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #27
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Hey Mama's I had my Follie check today and one >2cm and one right at 2cm or just under on my left side Usually only have one follie, and once again NOTHING on my right....Im thinking my right side maybe isn't working? She said my lining was a little thinner than last time but I haven't been taking my MACA this month much so maybe that has something to do with it but have been drinking a cup of my Red Raspberry Tea everyday!
So since I had the two good follies I got my Ovidrel trigger shot today and she said I should O in the next 36 hours so here is to the BD marathon the next few days to catch one of these darn eggs hopefully!!!
If this doesn't work then she says we are going to do IUI the next couple cycles and then if that doesn't work referral to RE!
FX and High hopes for this cycle!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #28
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Arg.... If the inevitable is coming I wish it would just come already. AF was due Mon. I've been cramping since Monday. Still having neg hpt every day (I test just in case so I can start progesterone right away.) But come on it's Wed. just start already so I know for sure.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Laurel and Sarah- I am so sorry. Do you remember my medicated IUI cycle and how my DH and I nearly gave up after that BFN? I think that is the most depressing thing to deal with: To try so desperately hard and still fail. I was completely inconsolable at that point. I promise you- it does get better. But, I know if IVF fails us I will be a complete mess. I guess it is just like grieving every time, but after a little while you get that flicker of hope back. I am so very sorry- I know how tough that is. I wish we could all go out for a glass of wine.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #30
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It sure does stink when you get what you wish for. I'm now just a few short hours later, back at CD1. But I have a question for you all, as something is not right. So major TMI alert, but I'm not sure what's going on. I've been on clomid plenty of times before and prometrium so none of this is new but this has never happened and something just doesn't feel right. I am in so much pain! Like crying in bed, can't move, want to die, cramps in front and back so hard my whole abdomen goes hard. I've been cramping a normal amount (I cramp a lot so normal for me is probably more than most) for three days with no bleeding. The bleeding finally started with these horrible cramps. But it's very light and all brown. Very brown. It's usually like this at the end of AF after several days of red. What could be going on. This is not normal for me at all, not sure what to think. Could the meds have caused this? It's my first time back on them in quite a while, but never had this happen before. I'm also never late on AF I'm always 28 days no matter what. This is day 30. thoughts?