Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of April 30th

Updated to here.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Updated to here.

Hope everyone is doing well today!
So you said your clinic does IVF for 5K+ meds? We are thinking it might be worth a trip to California.... do you have their info?
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #33
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Amy, maybe we will do an IVF together. I really need an IVF buddy! I am tentatively set for July but won't get a date until we have our financing done.

Our clinic is number 25 out of over 300 ranked clinics in the United States. Also, I get to be in the comfort of my own home and don't have to leave my daughter for 2 weeks to go elsewhere to have it done. We checked on prices in Barbados...the clinic charged $5. wow, so cheap right? Well add the price of tickets, hotel, medication, leaving my daughter for 2 weeks, using all my dh's vacation time, and having to wait at least a year for my dh to get that time off....a lot of factors go into this. Not just the price. We found it was cheaper there but only by $3,000. Yes, that is a chunk of money BUT a big factor for us is that my dh has to work for a year to earn time off...he is not allowed unpaid time off. Am I willing to wait another year PLUS 9 months after that to meet my next baby? kwim?

If you know of a specific clinic though that you have used, have heard of, then let me know. It seems that some people say oh go somewhere overseas and have it done but they aren't thinking of anywhere in particular.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #34
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Slimy that almost sounds like what happened to me this time. I had bad cramps for days when I usually have none then when I started it was very clotty and brown. I seriously would have thought I was miscarrying if I hadn't taken 5 tests that said otherwise. (I hope you are feeling better soon.

Girls, I did my IVF consulation on Wednesday but am at my inlaws house so have to type fast. I will update everyone on Saturday when my internet gets fixed.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #35
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi everyone!

Amy- that doesn't include meds though but you'd have a place to stay if you decided to come out here. I can PM you their info tomorrow- they are in Oceanside.

Jacqueline- Add me as an IVF buddy- I hope we end up all going forward together!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #36
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi all....Just a quick update on me...Had my repeat scan and bloodwork yesterday. AF finally came on Tuesday so I was hoping it would be good news. Everything is a go to start my stims on Sat! Oh my! It's getting close now....I'm think ER is going to be 5/18 and ER will be 5/21. I'm getting sooooooooooooooo nervous!!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #37
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

slimy - sounds like the meds to me! I am nowhere near regular with my cycles but this time around with the clomid and progesterone, my AF is totally different than ever before. I have been on clomid several times before so I am guessing it is the progesterone for me. My cramps and physical symptoms are way different than usual and my flow is kinda odd too.

Jacqueline - cant wait to hear more about what they said at your appt. I am trying to learn everything I can about IVF incase we need to do it in the future.

Susan - Yay! Good luck!! So exciting that it is so close

AFM - talked to the RE yesterday. They actually bumped my clomid up to 150 mg for cd 3-9. Last month we only had one follicle that matured at all so they are trying to get me to have 2 or 3 mature this month. U/S scheduled for cd 14. I am a little worried that with the increase in meds and the later u/s that I might O on my own before we have a chance to do the IUI but I guess I just have to trust that the Drs know what they are doing. And I will make sure we DTD that weekend before
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #38
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi there ladies.... seems like a bunch of IVF gearing up going on in the coming months. Lets hope that it does the trick for all who are hoppin on that band wagon

Update on me: Two days ago I had EWCM and was crampy, so obviously I could not pass that up, so we are in the TWW now, but we are not supposed to be technically TTCing right now, but hey, it may be my cycle....... If not, we will stick to NTNP until the steroids are done, and I am gonna hit the Met and Clomid for a few cycles before we go back to injects
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #39
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So sorry everyone that I dropped out of sight for a while. Nothing like saying "hello" and leaving! I was watching the thread over the weekend and expected to write on Monday but then my RE called on Sunday and sent me into a depression and then I got sick on Monday (cold) and I am just about human now and found out things were not as bad as I feared!

Amy and Jacquline - Sorry you didn't get your dream this month!

Susan - Good luck tomorrow!!

Sdavis and Melissa - Crossed fingers for you!

AFM - I was just told today that my tests that were done last Thursday were not ideal. I have a high distallic (I think, it could be the other measurement) in my uterine artery. So my peri wants me on low dose aspirin now. I was also told that my uterus may not be that elastic anymore. However, unlike I feared that I basically have a paperweight as a uterus, I don't. I have something that they are willing to go forward with provided I transfer only one embryo. Big shock there, I wasn't expecting any more then that! So after a week of stress, I am now back to where I was before I started this process (or April 15 before my last scan). Only difference is I know I don't have cancer still!

Unlike the rest of you doing IVF, I have a bit more to go through in the way of testing. We don't know if we can make me get a good lining, so that is my next challenge. So I am starting estrace on Wednesday and my next RE appointment is on the 16. My RE seems to think that I will have to have a couple of rounds of this to find the perfect mix for me to get a good lining. I have time, I wasn't planning on a transfer till August 11 (2 year anniversary of remission of cancer, 6 year anniversary of me loosing my son who was around for 11 days). So I am still on target with my goals... Though soon one of those goals will have to be finding a treadmill for DH. This isn't going to be an easy pregnancy and DH is likely to gain more then me from the stress.

I see a nutritionist on Monday whom I am sure to terrify by saying I eat lard and coconut oil on a regular basis! However there are some things I will not budge on with doing this and going back to a low fat diet is one of them. Sorry, when you get diagnosed with cancer you can do your own research and question things. I did and I am happy with my diet now... except for the last few days when I felt too exhausted to cook! Darn cold!

I hope everyone has a good weekend and don't forget that Sunday is International Bereaved Mother's Day so if you lost a little one Sunday is your day just for them! As a lost mom I think I will see it as more of a mother's day then that other one a week later. However it is my mom's and step father's birthdays (yes mom married someone who was born on her birthday about a year later) so it will be sort of odd at the same time.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #40
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh and to the people worried about IVF and other issues in the children. I think this is a big rumor out there and nothing more. My IUI children (granted triplets but get past that for a second) were born small for gestation and yata yata yata. My IVF child is HUGE. Seriously he is 95+% for height and weight. He was always there for height but got there recently for weight (he is 3.5 years old). Now I didn't need AH, ICSI, PGD or any of the other things but I have yet to hear about a baby born with IVF that had any serious issues, especially ones that could be tied to how they were conceived.