Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Nope I wouldn't, but I also wouldn't pierce a baby or toddler of any sex. I think by 5 or 6 if they ask and are capable of understanding the pain and care involved then it is ok. My son got his ear pierced at 7 and my dd was 6 ( she only got one side pierced because the pain of one was too much for her, so she didn't go through with the second ear). My son let his close up 6 months later because it bothered him.

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #42
ambivalent_amy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My piercing rule is that I don't care what my children get pierced as long as they are old enough to have it done without my money or my consent. Whether they are male or female doesn't matter to me at all.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #43
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not for us, on many levels. But I guess I don't see why you wouldn't. Your whole family is pierced and your 3yo isn't? Makes no sense.

In our family, men don't pierce their ears and babies don't either.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #44
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you let your 3yo SON....

No I would not. I would not let my 3 year old daughter get her ears pierced either. I don't know how dh would feel about having our son have pierced ears (we are more of a traditional family) but I don't want any of my children having their ears pierced until they are old enough to take care of them by themselves.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #45
ummsmiley
Registered Users
seller

Piercing is always such a debated topic...as other have said, you obviously don't have a problem with men who have earrings or little kids who have earrings, so why doesnt he qualify? In our religion men do not wear earrings but given what you've said I don't see your conflict

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
ummsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #46
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My oldest son has his ear pierced but he didn't do it until he was 5.5 and I made him wait a full 6 months from the first time he asked to ensure he really wanted it before I actually let him do it. I am not keen on piercing a child at 3 however that being said my friend allowed her 3 year old son to decide to pierce his ears one of the times she went in to get a new piercing and he did quite well. He understood the process, that it would be mildly painful and that there would be aftercare involved. He was very proud of himself and his earrings. So it isn't like no child of that age is ready for a piercing. I guess it would depend on the child. I would do it if the child seemed very determined, I knew handled pain well, and I had a professional piercer who would do it. My 6 year old is presently going back and forth on having his own ears done (it is my 10 year old who has his done) and when he is ready I have already spoken with the piercer who will be doing it. If I couldn't find some one who would he would have to wait till he was a teen and could have it done in a shop. This is our family policy, we are ok with piercings but they must be discussed with us first and done by a professional in a shop.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #47
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

No, I would not let my 3 year old son or daughter have something pierced. I don't think children should have their ears pierced until they are old enough to care for them on their own. I also don't think a 3 year old is old enough to decide something like that.
I have a lot of large tattoos, my nose has been pierced for 20 years now but I still wouldn't be okay with that. I don't think it's a girl or boy thing but an age thing for me.

mom to 4, 3 big girls & 1 little boy ('94, '99, '02 & 12/30/09)
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #48
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, I wouldn't.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #49
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

yeah, I would. I let my 4th get his done when he was 4, bc that's when his older brothers (6, 7 and 8) all decided to get theirs done and he wanted it too. He is now almost 14 and he and 2 others still have theirs pierced .
Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #50
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nope. Wouldn't let any child get them some that young.