Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #81
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you let your 3yo SON....

No. I wouldn't. But then again, I didn't my ears pierced until I was like 15 or 16. And if this baby is a girl I won't pierce her ears either, she can get them done as a teenager.

I have an almost 7 yo boy, a 4 1/2 yo boy, and a 2 yo boy... NO. I would not let any of them get their ears pierced. If they wanted it done at like... 16 or 17, I would let them. But not as little ones.

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #82
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

I wouldn't. I would tell him "you can do it when you are 8" (or pick an age). I think kids usually are able to understand that they can do activity x at age y.

Reason being, pierced ears on a boy do stand out as unusual. At 3, he can't understand that yet. And if he changes his mind and wants them gone, the holes will still be there, eventually scars but still visible. So it is a permanent decision to do something outside the mainstream, and 3 is too young to grasp what the implications are.

But if he turns 8 and still wants it, still just as much, then after 5 years it might be time to take the chance and let him do it.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #83
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
I don't find that to be true in "corp America" in the DC area, I see many, many professionals in suits with long hair, tats and earrings
And in our school system, nothing has ever been said. They only can't wear them for sports, but neither can the girls. Boys have long hair, earrings, colored hair, it doesn't matter here. And who is to say my DS would work in corp america? or could take his earrings out later.....

I live in the deep south. Definitely not as acceptable here in school or business.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #84
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
When I said little boys I meant like very little boys, not pre teens or teens and I honestly don't think I would think they were tacky on DS, ya know cuz he is mine and always cute

I am going to let him do it, just looking for a place to get them done. I think we might wait until school is out for this year simply because he is in pre school and I don't want the other kids messing with them when they are brand new (kids seem to be attracted to new things). As for boys not being allowed to wear ear rings at school, that sucks for those kids. That is not a rule at our school.
I was going to say I think you kind of have to since both girls have them. Glad you decided. And I would avoid the mall. A dr or tattoo place for sure!

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #85
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat View Post
Like others, normally because of age I would say no, but since you already did your daughters, I would take him into a professional piercer and get them done. If a gun was the only option though I would wait.
This. Id have no issues with any of my kids getting their ears pierced but it has to be done when they are old enough to care for it on their own. And it would have to be done by a professional, no gun!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #86
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
I don't find that to be true in "corp America" in the DC area, I see many, many professionals in suits with long hair, tats and earrings
And in our school system, nothing has ever been said. They only can't wear them for sports, but neither can the girls. Boys have long hair, earrings, colored hair, it doesn't matter here. And who is to say my DS would work in corp america? or could take his earrings out later.....
I live in Missouri and work at a hospital. One of the CEOs is a biker and he LOOKS like a biker lol. Long hair, tattoos and he always comes into the hospital wearing his leather. I think a lot of companies are leniant with looks. I have several visible tattoos and not once have I ever been told to cover them up while working.