Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Users
One week until c/s!!!

I am having my repeat c/s on May 7th(next Monday) I cannot wait to meet our little girl! I had an emergancy c/s after a very long induction with my son so I didnt really have enough "stuff" with me at the hospital like clothes, toiletries, snacks, ect to make it through the whole stay. We are an hour away from the hossy so sending DH home quick wasnt really an option! This time I have probably over-packed as far as that sort of stuff goes but am at a loss for what to bring to do! With DS my mom and grandma and inlaws were there visiting pretty much around the clock and DH stayed with me the whole time so I always had company.

This time Dh will be with me the first night and then will come home to help take care of DS and my parents will have DS the whenever DH doesnt and my inlaws will be out of town so I dont really forsee many visitors to keep me company. So I will need things to keep me busy for a couple of days. So far I have a couple mags, my computer, and a few movies but I am not much for sitting on the computer or in front of the TV all day. I am sure I will also sleep a quite a bit but is there anything else c/s friendly/fun/time consuming that I could take with??? What did you all do to pass the time when you didnt have vistiors?

Sarah wife to Chad, mama to Eli (8-20-10), Kyra (5-7-12), and 4/14
eli'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: One week until c/s!!!

Exciting! I also bring: my ipod with lullaby/relaxing/fun playlists. Some hand-sewing stuff (like felt food stuff), baby journals I need to catch up on, notecards and pen to write some handwritten notes to relatives or friends (there never seems to be time at home).

I don't have much visitors in the hospital (and due to spinal headaches, I prefer it that way) and so it's nice to sew while I listen to music, then watch a show and snuggle with baby, then nap, then eat, then snuggle and stare at baby... etc. My 2nd c-s was the best one in terms of hospital stay (i didn't get the spinal headahce with him) and it was so relaxing to have it just be baby and me.
Stay as long as you can to rest and have that one-on-one time (it just doesn't happen at home with 2+kids)... Plus you have room service, great pain meds, and people around that love to help with baby (i had the nurses come in sometimes just to help with my babies!).
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote