Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

There's a downside

To having a baby that sleeps so well!

Aunt Flo is making her reappearance. Logan is 2 months old - no fair!! *grumble grumble* he's EBF, no bottles and no supplementing. Booooo. He just sleeps well and I guess I'm not sleep deprived enough to keep it away.

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl
To having a baby that sleeps so well!

Aunt Flo is making her reappearance. Logan is 2 months old - no fair!! *grumble grumble* he's EBF, no bottles and no supplementing. Booooo. He just sleeps well and I guess I'm not sleep deprived enough to keep it away.
Lol. Does he sleep longer than 6-8 hour stretches? That will do it!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With my first 2 I git AF back at 6 months. Both were ebf with no supplements. Tanner is s better night sleeper so who knows might be earlier this time.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Lol. Does he sleep longer than 6-8 hour stretches? That will do it!
Not 6-8, but he's done 5 on occasion. He's either in the rock n play next to me or in bed and in the crook of my arm so I don't have to wake up enough to actually focus on the clock. As a result I'm not sure how long he's sleeping, just that he's doing well and I'm not a zombie like with the first two.

DD and DS1 were both LOUSY sleepers til the year mark. With DD, aunt flo came back at 6 weeks! (PP bleeding stopped, 2 weeks later aunt flo arrived). With DS1 it stayed away til 6 months. All of them have been EBF w/ no supplements or bottles. Weird!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
That's no fun. Dd2 usually sleeps at least 5 hours straight at night so idk when my cycle will come back. I think it was 2 months with dd1 and she slept maybe 4 hours straight most of the time at the beginning but it was all kinds of crazy. Hoping for a longer break this time.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: There's a downside

I'm here with you!! I got my first PP period at 3 weeks!!! I'm EBFing and but my little guy will sleep some 4-5 hour stretches at night or late afternoon naps. I even called the OB/MW to make sure, b/c everything had slowed (afterbirth) and then one day DH commented that "it must be my time of the month" and my back had been achy and I was having cramping and sure enough, that night I started. :/ It bites. All I'm hoping is that it's at least regular. I don't want is disappearing and then reappearing sporadically.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama
I'm here with you!! I got my first PP period at 3 weeks!!! I'm EBFing and but my little guy will sleep some 4-5 hour stretches at night or late afternoon naps. I even called the OB/MW to make sure, b/c everything had slowed (afterbirth) and then one day DH commented that "it must be my time of the month" and my back had been achy and I was having cramping and sure enough, that night I started. :/ It bites. All I'm hoping is that it's at least regular. I don't want is disappearing and then reappearing sporadically.
Is this a recent baby? That would be too early to call it a pp period. You can have bleeding after birth up until 6 weeks, coming and going.

Unless you cycled again, 28 days, give or take later, I doubt it would a true AF. Just letting u know. In case you are using that as any form of BC.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That stinks! I wonder how long it will take this time- with my daughter it took 12 months exactly. I feel like this one sleeps longer at night, though, so may not take so long.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Is this a recent baby? That would be too early to call it a pp period. You can have bleeding after birth up until 6 weeks, coming and going.

Unless you cycled again, 28 days, give or take later, I doubt it would a true AF. Just letting u know. In case you are using that as any form of BC.
See, this is what I thought as well (I'm only 4 weeks PP), that's why I called my providers and they said it can happen. I didn't have a lot of pp bleeding; just a few days of bleeding and then a week or two of discharge. This is heavy and red. I figure I'll ask again at my PP check-up this week though. We would be using this as means of birth control, but once I get more regular.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
m0mof6
Registered Users

My Mood:

I feel you- my LOs never slept/sleep very long (except ODD) and I always get AF back at 4 months PP.
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote