Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
zaeaton
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hi...(introduction)

I'm due Oct 11 also!

I've tried many brands of cloth diapers. I try to buy them used when I'm trying them to save money. I've come to realize I don't like prefolds (too bulky), don't like pockets (hate the stuffing..actually its the unstfuffing the pee full insert that is the worst), but I love AI2's and All-in-ones.

My favorite diaper for a newborn is the bumgenius AIO newborn size. Actually this is my all time favorite diaper and I own them in smalls and mediums and UGGHHH they are discountinued and can't get them in larges!!! I've been slowly buying them used when I see them to build my large stash. I also have a number of other brands I use in rotation (mostly all AI2's).

Now, if only I could find a good cloth alternative to a pull up for my almost 5 year old that wets the bed every night. Any suggestions? He's small for his age but still is too big for anything I have!

Advertisement

Last edited by zaeaton; 05-02-2012 at 08:12 PM.
zaeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libdisney View Post
Going with OS dipes would make it easier, but I think I want to stay away from the bulk factor...which makes me think they might not be the best for us. Lots of people love them, though! So many variables to consider, that's why I always come back to the trial pack

I go with nb covers with flat dipes (handmade) until they get too big for those, then I move on to OS fitteds and wool covers (also handmade). The system is just so flexible, and inexpensive: it's the best I have found to suit my interest and wallet.

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Welcome and congrats on your first! I think the trial pack is a great way to go. There are so many great brands of diapers, but things fit different kids differently, so the only way to know if a certain kind will work for your babe is to try them out! Sometimes you are surprised by what you end up liking. For what it's worth, I think OS pockets (depending on the brand) are actually not terribly bulky once you get past the newbie stage. I didn't use them much on my dd until she was about 9-10 lbs, but after that I thought they were fine! It's all personal preference though The trimmest diapers tend to be the most expensive or need to be folded, which scares some people off (flats, prefolds). But just try it all and see what works!

Jessie - there are several places online that will do trial packs, but I can't think of them off the top of my head - if you google it I bet you can find a few.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
snuggiesc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats to you on your pregnancy!!! We share a due date...baby number 5 is due 10-11-12 as well!!! I will have a scheduled section the week before, due to prior complications with pregnancies that resulted in sections. This will probably be our last little one
We CD'ed with our fourth child, and I loved it!!! Hubby resisited at first, but he came around quite a bit after looking at the figures and the savings!!! When I decided to try CD'ing, I traded and purchased some different dipes from this site. SOOOOOO glad that I did. Some I could not stand, and other types were great. We found what worked for us without breaking the bank buying different brands.
Good luck to you!!!!
snuggiesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Welcome! I'm due 10/11/12 as well

We cloth diapered our first and I loved it! I bought a ton of used things to try and a few new ones. Everyone has different favorites but mine are prefolds in the beginning with some fitteds, then sized fitteds and aios. I like Little Boppers and Nana's Bottoms. I have a complete bum genius stash from daycare so I use those too, but they're not my favorites because of the velcro.