Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #131
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Once upon a time I made my own almond milk. And bread. And tortillas. I used to bake and sew too. 3 kids in I'm taking a lot more of short cuts than I used to.

Alison you NEED a Vitamix. I love mine. I've had it for about 10 years and it's still going strong. Love it.

Advertisement

estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #132
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hey all! Wow busy week here but it's official....school is OUT!

We celebrate by going straight to the Y for swimming (and snacks of course). So excited to not be held to a school schedule for a bit.

Having friends over for dinner- chicken and beef soft tacos and beans. Then probably a movie to relax with. Dh is working all day tomorrow for a security brief on post. It's supposed to be hot again so we may come back to the pool.

I've been offering dd some oatmeal with a Cheerios on top Ashe seems to tolerate it better. I have no clue why but it's working so I'm not questioning it. The cheerio trick also works with applesauce and yogurt. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of her purée aversion....

Naomi, don't be too down on yourself. Take it little at a time. You'll get there mama

Stacey, is your dd getting exited now and over the initial shock? I meant to ask before, what did she ever decide to do about cloth diapers? I know she was kinda in a funk about it for a while. (I am still!!) Neat you face time with dgs. We face time with my parents one a week or so and it's so fun!

Amy, thus the life of a busy mama. Gone are the days of quickly throwing together a batch of ______ and hello to whatever is the quickest think I can grab! Is your boy walking yet? I know he was one of the first mobile babies we had...

Alison, how about pretending your buying the blender for your Dh.

Carrie, sorry about hand foot and mouth. We've never had it here but I know people who have. It sounds awful. I hope you guys are on the mend soon.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #133
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 - May chat

I love all the pics! Such cuties.

Casper took 2 steps a couple weeks ago and skid his nose on his wood kitchen. That was the end of that. He hasn't tried again. he is getting super quick at cruising around though. And he flies down the hall crawling. I got a pull back tonka truck at a garage sale this morning for 25 cents. The girls took positions at each end of the hall and played keep away with him. It was hilarious!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #134
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cute kiddos Brittney, lucky that school is out, we have until June 21st!!! Stupid snow days, argh!

Naomi - you can do it, go get that mess!!!

We are up to our eyeballs trying to pick paint colors and keep track of budgets and the like, we close in 2 weeks and I feel like I am just twiddling my thumbs right now, I want to get to it, I'm ready to have our own home and set up shop!!!

We are picking out our kitties the end of this month (sorry if I already shared that), we are getting three to hopefully keep down the mouse population on our property. If one is a girl, I am naming her Poppy, and we'll probably help Nige name "his" since he doesn't talk much, but we'll let Owen name one (with the power to veto anything too ridiculous of course, lol). We won't bring them home until July probably but it'll be fun to meet them .

Mary is finally crawling traditionally, although if she gets tired of trying she resorts to the army crawl, she's getting fast and is into everything. She has 4 teeth busting through right now and is grumpy to say the least.

Anyone else having a hard time knowing what to feed our babes at this age. Mary loves to feed herself and doesn't do great with someone spoon feeding her, but I think she's getting tired of bananas and avocados (she still struggles with things that are too firm, so we stick to soft cut up stuff).

Anyway, Mothers day was nice and like I said, I feel like we are in a holding pattern waiting to move, not much else going on.

me with my little loves on Mother's Day.

5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #135
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just use the blender on my Bosch Universal. It works pretty well. I'd love a Vitamix, and have thought of buying one. I bought one a long time ago and wasn't super impressed, but I have really changed the way I eat since then, and feel I'd use it more now.

DD IS getting a bit more excited. She's pretty exhausted, and she has had some nausea that she didn't have last pg, but I think she's pretty pumped about it now. They relocate in November (probably 3-4 weeks before her due date), so she is considering coming here in October and having the baby here (her hubby would move them then take leave to come for the birth and a couple weeks after). Once the baby was about 6-8 weeks, I'd either drive or fly with her to their new location (which looks like it might be VA). She REALLY doesn't want to travel that late in the pg, and she doesn't want to have to find a dr. that late either. We have a hospital here where midwives assist with water births and that's what she would love to do. I have to say I love the idea!

The pics are SO cute!! Yall have some precious kiddos!
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #136
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, here are some bragging pics!

Dgs on the beach in Hawaii

Hiking with Dad, but watching Mom (he SO worships dd)

Posing with Mom at the end of the hike

Face Timing with Granny

And my fave - helping Mom "organize"

Thanks for indulging me!

Last edited by greengranny; 05-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #137
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
All these babies with little teeth are so cute!! Harper still has none and honestly there are none in sight.

My kids cant stand being photographed so they totally hammed it up for me at the pool. And heck, with four of them I take what I can get!

Stacey you gs is SO adorable!!

Melissa, I love little Nigel's faces.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #138
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Britt, i forget you had 4 kids! And she is so cute like a little princess with her big bros,

Melissa, Micah self feeds to, now he gets cheerios, grahm crackers, rolls, pasta,,,dices of fruit, bluberries, strawnerries, apple, pear. Steamed vegg, sweet pot, carrots, peas..loves it all!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #139
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brittney - just realized I didn't answer the ?? about the cloth. She really hasn't stuck with it much with dgs, and now, when she puts him in one, he lays there like he can't move.

She definitely wants to do newbie cloth with the new baby, and maybe she'll stick with it since they'll have 2 in diapers. I told her she needs to get dgs back in them and used to them so she can save some $$.

I've been collecting Quilter's Nappies wipes in girly colors just in case. I have a few dozen so far. I think we have well over 100 boy wipes from QN. I kinda have an obsession with them.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #140
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What are her hang-ups with it? Maybe if she can find resolutions to those she can get back into it. (I'm totally preaching here and need to be taking my own advice )

For me... I don't like the bulk (I want to buy the cute little girly stuff!). I don't like that I have to take a bucket of diapers with me if I'm gone for more than four or five hours bc dd goes thru them FAST! I don't like the extra laundry- I'm behind on the regular laundry as it it. Plus, dd rashes very easily. If she isn't changed immediately (which happens unknowingly sometimes) she is flaming red and the I my cream I've found to work is Desitin overnight. That's not diaper friendly. :/

I honestly think I'm done with it. I want to sell everything. I think I probably will but not quite yet. All the fitteds and wool for sure are going. I will keep some pfs and a dozen Sunbabies but I have no desire to keep anything else.

Okay--- I just need to vent that I LOATHE MY DOG RIGHT NOW. Dh got up this morning and he had pooped diarrhea all over the crate and it was all over the carpet and my curtains and the worst part......in the floor vent. We've cleaned it up and opened the windows and it was smelling normal again. Until about give minutes ago when the air kicked on and it's blowing trough the vent. What do I do??! It's so gross and I have an uber sensitive nose.

Last edited by mommabritt; 05-19-2012 at 08:50 AM.