Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #141
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 - May chat

oh no brittney!!!!! eww. umm, vinegar? lol, works on diapers. hmm, no idea.

as for me, sick, tired, and that time of the month, no wonder I was having a rough few days. Still feeling gross (oy, I just hate that time of the month), but had a very good morning. got outside with the big kids for a bit, played with some water guns, priced some garage sale stuff while they dug in the tree stump holes. we had lunch and then I amazingly got them all to sleep without falling asleep myself. moved some laundry around, dishwasher going (hi-yah!) and am now just being super lazy on the couch watching season 1 of Castle from the library.

love the warmer weather and having the doors open for fresh air. between cloth diapers and spilt formula, the house was getting a little stale.

well, back to a bit of mommy time

Advertisement

heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #142
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Britt! Oh yuck. Well i guesss i would try vinegar soaked on a cloth or sock of some kind, attach to something long (swiffer handle, duster wand?) And take off vent coover and sweep down in as far as yyou can and around. Maybe sprinkle baking soda and let it sit. When you turn air on cover vent so it doesnt blow up at you?? Maybe?
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #143
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for the love of sanity, why do I do this to myself!

Yup, it was a fun day here. Sub'd in nursery today (had 8 kids in there!!!! all the church's little ones were in there today: greenbaby:), came home and crashed while wayne took sydney and elijah to the beach (heck no they didn't swim, it's Lake Michigan for crying out loud, but they did play in the sand and splash a little bit), they came home/I woke up and it was panic mode as usual to get the house clean enough for a bible study...wayne leads and I watch our kids and another 3 year old guy. Can we say exhausted! and ready to never see another little person again!?!?! At least for a few hours anyway.

bwahahaha, just spotted a spider in the ceiling (I know, usually that is a "eww" response, but wait, the funny part is coming). He is makign laps around our ceiling fan. I have the fan and the light on, so I'm wondering if the flashing shadows are throwing him off, but he just finished his 4th loop around the fan...oh, starting 5th lap. and now I have summoned the mighty spider slayer (aka, wayne) so the spider will soon meet his demise...as soon as the ceiling fan blades stop spinning.

ah, the burial at sea.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #144
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi--girl you need some more sleep!!!!! Sounds like you have some busy weekends!

Britt--Sorry about the sick dog. When our guys get sick we call it the Gerties. After our German shorthair coonhound mix (mouthfull). She is a rescue. I was pregnant with Blu and I was going through morning sickness and I had to drive dh to the airport 2 hrs away--4hr round trip. The airport that was 15 minutes away apparently was $15 more for a ticket--ANYWHOO--Gertie was a pup so I put her in the crate. Well I did not get the memo the crate=no bueno. I got home and her mess was on the walls rug EVERYTHING!!!!!! Clean up was a dream! So since that day no matter when we go out no crate, I figure I could handle anything else she is willing to dish me.

So whenever anyone gets sick around here they have the case of the Gerties!!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #145
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Vinegar is a great suggestion. When my parent's dogs visit it is definitely something that gets used. A lot.

I caught whatever nasty bug the day care kids had. I told Ray I'm pretty much over watching them. It seems nothing good comes of it. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Which would have been really nice if I didn't feel like I had the worst head cold/sinus thing going on.

The good news is that my little man has become the best snuggler. None of my girls ever liked to snuggle. I just love him!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #146
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm pretty sure my baby just ate her own poo in the bathtub while I was checking email on my phone. I heard a toot, but didn't think it was productive , so I didn't even look up until I heard her whimpers and saw poo on her face !
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #147
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amy--I love when they snuggle!!!! Tanner was a huge snuggler. He would just lay there forever with me. Blu would do short stints and then be off. I think Peyton is a mix.

AFM: Looks like Aunt Flo decided to come pay me a visit. I am super excited :sarcasim: Well at least I can stop taking pregnancy tests for the next 2 weeks

I think I may try the whole body temp thing for a more natural bc...so I should be pregnant by the end of the yr Still not sure what to do. If I do get pregnant maybe after I will get a tubal--I just think it is so drastic. Dh is no help. I think he just wants more babes bc he really just jokes about what to do. He is against--tubal, vasectamy, pillHe is not really against condoms but I am and he is not really pro condoms This is why I really think he would be fine with a whole litter. I guess I would to if I did not have to change a diaper

Ok mini vent over.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #148
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
I'm pretty sure my baby just ate her own poo in the bathtub while I was checking email on my phone. I heard a toot, but didn't think it was productive , so I didn't even look up until I heard her whimpers and saw poo on her face !
ooooohhhohhohohoh yuck! Kezia had a whopper of a poo experience last week at my parents. I had her in a disposible (tired of lugging too much or too little to my parents house) and she was camped out in a pack and play in the office overnight. My dad had to sneak in and get something in the morning. He saw that she was already awake, but content, so he tried to tiptoe back out after he got his paperwork. She started to fuss a bit, so he goes back to pick her up, "shh, shh, it's ok....wait....oh, Oh, OH this is bad! assistance!" I came out of my room, and my dad is holding kezia under her arms and away from his body. the diaper had come off, there were little terd balls all over her crib, and some had smeered onto her hands, face and was sucking her thumb...her poo thumb! eww eww eww eww! once we had her safely depositied in the sink for a bath, it was actually pretty funny. dad joked that in the future, when kezia complains that some thing tastes like crap, she'll be something of an expert on the topic.

yup, good times...and good ammo for uber embarassment when they are older.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #149
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Naomi--girl you need some more sleep!!!!! Sounds like you have some busy weekends!
lol, you're telling me! actually slept good last night for once. my body just seems to ahve somethign against sleep.

drag about AF...I loathe that time of the month. good luck with bc.
lol about the gerties.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #150
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

About the poo--kids are funny

Blu ate his poo once or twice or more lol!!!! When he was younger.

So One time he did it and I was like its not chocolate its sh**. I know should not have said that word but to my defense I am from Jersey. And he never ate it again.

So like a yr later I was changing Tanner and I go to him "I'm gonna eat your hiney." (I know weird enough) Well Blu all serious talking with his hands says "Mom Mom its not chocolate it's sh**"

And the mom of the yr award goes to.........