Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #191
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been fighting moving Casper in his own room, but it may be soon. He is a light sleeper and now wakes up when Ray gets up for work. At 5:30. Ugh. And he can't be quiet about it either. He pulled over my nightstand this morning, emptied out the shoe bins, knocked over the recycle bin, dumped all the books on the floor and threw all the toys out of the bins. And it's only 6:30. Can I go back to bed now?

Advertisement

estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #192
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Yes we had that issue too, without the mess though. She would holler and squeal at Dh wen he came out of the bathroom in the morning.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #193
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 - May chat

So on June 4th we will in AL a year. On Aug 4thish we will be in our house a year.

One problem dh may decide to take a job he has been offered in NYC!

Ok so since we have been together it has been moved from nj to

KY
WV
NY--upstate
AL
NY-NYC

Crazy!!!!!

And if it happens it will probably be with in the next couple of weeks. I am excited and scared but I know it can be done and it brings us so much closer to family and esp my family. My dh was joking when I said that my parents would always be willing to babysit. He said "are you kidding they drive to nyc for a cupcake, of course they would drive into the city to babysit."

So I will keep you posted on what we decide. I think this will put another baby way on the back burner!

Last edited by dagmomma; 05-30-2012 at 01:35 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #194
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Well, she woke up at 10:45 with a HUGE burp but slept through the night after that!! She woke up to nurse at 6:50 and was so cheerful when I walked in to see her. We cuddled in the rocking chair and it was so sweet.

Thanks for the love mamas. It's hard letting go sometimes!!

Because Dh is a big time snorer (think Olympic quality ) and I think he is the reason she wakes so much. And, I am ready to have my adult bed back .
I was jw. Didn't know if there was some specific thing.
Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #195
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My third attempt posting today....

You super movers are super crazy! Good luck either direction!

Thought I was super awesome making a photo shoot appt for a surprise Fathers Day gift. Then they called to remind us about the appt. And Ray answered the phone. I just can't win. I even bought the kids new clothes and letters for the kids to spell out "Dad". Blah.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #196
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I have my 3yo dsgs spending the night. I needed to get a fix before I head out for 3 1/2 weeks. I leave to go see dd and dgs in FIVE MORE "SLEEPS!" I'm not looking forward to the flight, but I sure am looking forward to seeing that chubby little baby boy!!

Oh and my 23yodd got engaged!! She is getting married in October! Her bf told her he wanted to hurry so she could hurry and get pregnant. Yay!! More grandbabies for me!!
Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ

Last edited by greengranny; 05-30-2012 at 08:31 PM.
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #197
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Amy, sorry about the lousy phone call!! Boo!! I'm sure he'd still love it.

Alison!! Wow you are a moving champion! Good luck with the decision.

Stacey, I love how you counted the days by the number of 'sleeps', I do that with my nephews. . And congrats on the engagement!

AFM, night #2 went just as well. Need to go make some coffee. I'm going to do a wooly photo shoot. I need to do the fitteds too but that's a job...

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #198
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

Hi August mamas,

Life is crazy keeping up with my cruising 9 month old =) No walking alone, but there is a definite preference for being upright. He belly-crawls to furniture, pulls up and walks, then when he reaches the end, bellycrawls until he finds the next piece to pull up on

I have a pretty awesome part-time job, and it probably will keep going into the next year. DS goes to a nursery for 3 days a week (half-days) and I'm starting to consider putting him in for either 3 whole days or 5 half days. I have mommy guilt even though he LOVES his daycare. I spy on him for a few minutes after I leave through the window and he is just laughing and playing and he hugs the nursery assistants when he sees them. He also gets really excited whenever he sees other babies. Its sad when I drop him off because he usually looks at the other babies and toys without looking back at me, but at least when I go pick him up he reaches for me. I guess when he's awake and fresh he's ready to play and when I pick him up, he is tired and ready to go home.

I need more time during the week to work, but I just don't want to get to the point where he spends more time away from me than with me during the week. And yet I have an awesome job that I want to keep doing, and if I stop doing it, I will have a harder time going back later since I need to stay in it to be current.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #199
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Britt--I Know right!? I love how everyone always asks if we are military when we move and change things like car ins and so on. They can see our past living places and like clock work they go "wow are you military?" It makes me laugh and I just say no we are proffesional movers.

Dh goes up to NY on Tuesday for the day and will be home the same night. So we will know more then.

But I do think we will start packing this weekend and finish staining our deck--translation--DH will make sure all of his "important"things like baseball bats, gloves, sneakers, and binders are packed and I will probably be out back staining the deck.

Dh has a TON of sneakers...He gets them for free, has a ton of them and they are in prestine condition. But I am really sick of the sneakers getting the royal treatment. My family laughs about it bc that is EXACTLY how I was before we got together and I just faded my sneaker addiction bc I saw what it looked like.

I guess it could be worse his obsessions could be something besides sneakers, baseball bats, and baseball gloves. Though I am tire of bring those things minus the sneakers on every family vacation

I guess that is what you get when you marry a former pro baseball player

Last edited by dagmomma; 05-31-2012 at 08:14 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #200
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I guess that is what you get when you marry a former pro baseball player
I didn't know that...cool!

lol on the collections.

my dh? currently an associate pastor? he collects shot glasses. lol, started long before he was considering ministry. still, I'm always like how am I supposed to display these without people getting the wrong idea??? he's like "hey, they're great. their small, easy to buy when traveling and pack easily." they are currently in various stacks on his bookcase because he doesn't have a nice way to display them.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote