Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #41
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Amy would love to here about your veggie vegan adventures!
Well I have about 10 recipe books from the library with papers for bookmarks all over the place. Lol. Our college roommate is veggie so we have that down pat. But vegan recipes are a bit of a challenge. I need to find more lunch recipes. The conversion to rice and almond milks went a lot smoother than I would have thought. Izzy likes vanilla rice milk, Ray likes plain, June likes vanilla almond milk, I like plain, and Casper still likes the boob!

Advertisement

estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #42
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi ladies! I'm here reading everyday, its just so hard to post from my phone.

Ranger finally has 2 teeth and is VERY mobile though he isn't hand and knee crawling. He still nurses all the time! I can't believe our babies are almost 9mo old.

I'm getting ready for a busy summer full of classes and camps for the older 3.
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #43
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any, you are a good mama, that mess would send me into panic mode, lol and blush.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #44
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 - May chat

Britt--funny cuz it's true

Amy--We do almond milk mostly. I do vegan but the boys and dh aren't but very limited meat and dairy only out of the house. I actually searched the whole foods recipe section and they have amazing recipes. Some of my fav books are "How It All Vegan," The Kind Life," and not completely vegan but vegan recipes for some things "My Father's Daughter," by Gweneth Paltrow.

The boys LOVE pb&j and I do not want to mess with that but lunch often is leftovers.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #45
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post

Naomi, your friendsounds amazing. I know the political clomate is a little sketchy in kenya, how do they fare with that? Dh wants to take us all back to ivory coast someday where he served a two year church mission, but it's too ds dangerous right now.
they had to move to tanzania for several months. they are right on the somalia border, so it can be dangerous, but so far they have had relative safety. They are amazing people.

in other news, the dentist went great. we kept it all positive this week and this morning, so we were all very excited to go see the dentist. they did great, a little nervous about the reclining dentist chair but otherwise did great. i love this place. they got their picture taken with the dentist, dr. george he tells the kids to call him, on a polaroid camera so they can have a picture to take home with them to remember who dr. george is.
talked with my parents on skype afterwards and we were trying to get the kids to talk about what they did at the dentist. sydney watched rapunzel (tvs on the ceiling) and elijah "I open my mouff." luv it!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #46
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sheesh amy! parents! I'm so sorry for all that drama. it will go by soo fast and suddenly the grandkids won't necessarily want to see their grandparents.

bleh...reminds me of my grandma drama, which I will NOT get into here and now. lets just say "manipulative" and be done with it.

thankfully both sides are good about wanting to visit. I wish my parents would visit a little more, but they are still adjusting to a new job for my dad and a new, lower, budget. but, we skype with them all.the.time, so it makes up for it nicely.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #47
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Question, is your August baby....

Sttn or still night waking? If waking, how often?
Cosleeping or independently sleeping?

I'd like to know what others are doing bc dd is so unpredictable still. She sleeps next to my bed in a pnp and sometimes with me if the waking is too frequent. A week ago we had four nights of solid 8:30p-5a and now were back to waking two hours after being put down and then a few more times periodically. And she doesn't just wake and go back to sleep, she cries. So I nurse her to calm her because if I don't she tears at my shirt begging for it and if i dot she escalates. I feel like I'm creating the cycle instead of creating better sleep habits but I'm not okay with CIO and I don't really want her in another room. So I have to further wake myself. I'm exhausted!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #48
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ranger doesn't sleep through the night. He starts off in the co-sleeper but gets in bed with me and stays there once he wakes the first time. He wakes to nurse 1-3 times during the night and usually goes right back to sleep. I like sleeping cuddled up with him and he sleeps for longer periods when he's next to me
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #49
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

At around 6 months I put her in her own room. I reluctantly did this with all my babes. I honestly think they smell me and thats what wakes them up. Once they go to there own rooms , ime, they slept better. We do still have some 2:45am wake ups--weirdly it is the same time everynight (I may need to investigate her room for noice). Dh usually gets her and brings her to me (he is an insomniac). Last night he let her fuss a little bit and she went back to sleep.

I am not a fan of cio either. After they turn 1 I let them a little bit but it is usually light wimpers and not full out freak outs. I know they are training me lol but I am not big on them be that upset.

Peyton sits up but she does not sit herself up. I have never seen her sit herself up. But she she will sit for long periods of time. She also only army crawls. Not to concerned bc Blu never crawled but walked at the end of 9 months and Tanner seemed to be later with things but only bc I held him ALL THE TIME. I am sorry but he is so snuggley!

I am sorry you are so tired. I feel your pain--but you win, you have 4!

Last edited by dagmomma; 05-05-2012 at 06:49 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #50
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Britt, last month I was so fed up with lack of sleep that I did something crazy! Something I didn't think we would do until we moved into our new house, we moved Mary out of our room... into her brother's room where there is just enough room for their bunk bed and a crib.

We were SO nervous, but I knew something had to give, she was waking up like 3-4 times a night and not acting satisfied from nursing. The second I would walk in my room to go to bed (around 10:30pm) she would wake up and nurse and would struggle to get back to sleep.

It was the BEST decision I ever made!!! She goes to bed the same time as the boys, she doesn't wake them up, they don't wake her up, she's been sleeping about 80% through the night and when she does wake up, it's only once. I feel SO good, and she's sleeping better during the day - you know the old sayin' "sleep begets sleep."

I was sad to not have that snuggle time but it was becoming more a burden than blessing and she still loves to snuggle in the morning when she nurses so that sweetness and bond is still present.

And she never really had to CIO, she might fuss for a few minutes but then she just falls asleep. She fusses more for naps during the day. And I think there may have been a few nights when we transitioned that she might have woken up but I may not have heard her... but I feel like that's a natural transition, with mama spidey-senses and such, I think my body can tell her different cries (even when I'm asleep).

I vote that if you are thinking about it, just try it, what's the worst that can happen, it doesn't get any better and you just move her back to the pnp, if it gets better - GREAT!

Good luck friend, our little girls sound SO similar in habits and personality and I FEEL for you big time!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote