Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #51
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2011 - May chat

Kezia is sleeping through the night and in her room (with sydney). She goes to bed around 7:30/8 and wakes up anywhere from 6:30-7:30. We have it so good. I think she's been sttn since around 4 months.

I feel for you moms with lo still waking up at night.

Advertisement

Last edited by heyuitsme; 05-05-2012 at 01:10 PM.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #52
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Thanks for the support. The lack of sleep is the hardest part for me when it comes to new babies. And I am not one who really requires a lot of sleep. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I do have to nurse her down so she'd probably go in after Nathan was asleep. Like you said Melissa, the worst that happens is it doesn't get better and I bring her back in. You mamas are so awesome.

Well I'm pooped and it's only 4:15. We've cleaned up, done yard work, fixed the tire swing, gone swimming at the Y....and it's horribly ht and humid out so now were lounging in the ac watching a basketball game.

I'm hungry. I need to go find a snack.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #53
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ellie starts out the night in the co-sleeper beside the bed and I've been trying to put her back in there after i nurse her when she wakes which is usually 2-3 times throughout the night. But sometimes I'll just grab her and snuggle her next to me to nurse and go back to sleep.

Crazy day today. We planned a family yard sale today with neighbors and really NEED to sell stuff. And then Caleb broke out in a rash, looks like it may be hand foot and mouth. So, we're setting up for the yard sale, skipping church and DH is taking both kiddos to the pedi while I deal with the yard sale. (He'd do better with the pedi than the selling lol!) I may have him put me on speaker phone when he gets called in so I can participate and hear what's going on.

Has anyone else dealt with HFM? What do I need to do in regard to my cd's. I've got them both in sposies as of last night to be able to slather them with bag balm and not stain the cd's but I don't want that to be indefinite.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #54
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sabrina--sorry about the rash. Good luck with the gararge sale. How is Dave Ramsey going?

AFM--Yesterday we went to a town about 45 minutes away. Went to some city festival and then to the park after. The park was this awesome massive wooden structure that had parent seatting inside. Peyton had her first park swing ride. Not many parks around here otherwise I would have done it sooner. It was sooooo HOT! In the 90's again.

We went with one of Tanners teachers who has cares for her grandson who is Blu's friend. So it was my first trip with friends down here. Slowly but surely making friends lol! Its only been 10 months.

Today is on the schedule is relaxe and watch sports. Wonder outside at some point and breathe!

Any of you mommas follow a strict schedule? If so want to share it? If you have a loose schedule, want to share that too? Schedule for kids and yourself--like house chores and children activities.

And anyone have organizational tips? I am fairly organized until you open my cabinets but I am getting better.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #55
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Alison, I used to be very scheduled until my kids started sports and then I lost all hope! Lol. I still the normal routine things like breakfast, school run, prek, lunch, school run, sports, dinner but depending on the day times are varied for the activities and dinner.

I am very organized though. I find that disorganization means more disorganization and that makes me stressed. I also find that when we have more we are less organized. So, I make sure we don't have too much of any one thing by going thru the toys, junk drawer, clothes, random landing places the build up (laundry shelf, top of the fridge....) and declutter. I make specific places for things and store like-items together. My biggest downfall used to be storing hand-me-downs. My boys are all winter babes so clothes fit at the right size/season. I would keep everything. We'd end up with so much that I'd store it all over and forget about it. Now I have four bins of clothes. One for each child. I do not keep anything more than what fits in there. This keeps me from missing things.

Ok sorry for the novel. It's super hot here. Just got home from church, need to put baby down for a nap and pick up.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #56
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It is horrible that I am relieved that tomorrow is Monday? This weekend has been exhausting!!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #57
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Britt thanks for the tips!!! I think its that I am just so tired.

My relaxe day seemed to be me doing everything for everyone and dh did pitch in a little. He does appreciate me but thats great I am still exhausted!

Ok so here is a question I put in q&a but no response. My money is Naomi knowing the answer but I would love the answer from anyone.

I have clover diapers. They were guarenteed for life but they no longer have a company--no worries I only need to replace the elastic for Peyton. They have an easy access to replace them and they have the slotted elastic so you can button them--sort of like fb os. Where can I get that elastic? TIA

On other news HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #58
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You can buy button hole elastic from Assunta Store. But I'd rather you pm me your address and how much you need. I bought too much so I'll send you some.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #59
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amy--WOW thanks!!!

I have 6 but I think only 3 need elastic and they have elastic on sides and front and back. So 12 I think--is my mommy math right lol!!!!

pming you
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #60
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So I nursed Harper and laid her down only to hear her wailing five minutes later. I picked her up and walked her, rocked her, and nursed her some more only to be bombarded with the noisiest, messiest poop explosion ever!! Got her changed and apparently it tired her out because I wrapped her and set her next to me on the couch so I could deal with the diaper for Dh and when I looked down.....

I am so thrilled with this. She never put herself to sleep. Ever. I know...long story. Sorry. I was excited.

I hope everyone had a great Monday. I'm sleepy and ready for bed but watching my recording of Ellen first.