Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Boingo Issues

Prefacing this with a disclaimer. I despise Snappis - far too many "accidents" for me to consider them an acceptable product for us to use.

So...with that in mind I bought 2 sets of Boingos. I bought them to use during the flats challenge. It may just be that B is in a weird "in-between" stage but here are the things I'm struggling with. Open to suggestions.

Two Boingos don't quite fit, one is a bit tight.

I'm using origami folded flats today and since the wings are super long on those, I can catch both wings with one Boingo. But because there is nothing holding onto the front flap it slides down from under the wings. When I pin I can catch fabric from the front flap as well and never have droop.

Now, the things I like are that there are NO teeth marks, even when using flats! I used to get teeth marks with Snappis. Also, I love that there is no third leg to chaff sensitive areas.

I'd really like to make these work for us. Suggestions?

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. ISO YN Munki Sushi, AhMay sets, Small BG AIOs in blossom, twilight, grasshopper, butternut, zinnia, moonbeam, ribbit, clementine

Advertisement

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
vtechmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

No help right now but I picked some up for the flats challenge also . I'm still waiting on them to arrive but I'll let you know if I can figure anything out with them once they do.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
MayLily79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Boingo Issues

I haven't used flats with my Boingos, but I have with prefolds and I do a couple different things... I sometimes overlap them, or make them go down instead of across! I haven't had any issues with drooping HTH
Old 05-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have the older style boingos, but I never use them for that exact problem. They're so huge even on my gigantic kid. And when I just use one, the front slips down. I've actually started using pins more and more, even though I never thought I would.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Try folding the extra wing fabric back (inwards/under) so that you can grab a piece of the front pad. Or, cross the wings in front BEFORE pulling up the front pad, and hook the pad first then pull out toward the wing ("side snap style").

Honestly I don't find the origami fold ideal for boingos though, I prefer the neat or kite fold, with the side snap style method.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

I've tried a few others. Jo fold didn't give me enough width to go around. Diaper bag fold gave a similar issue as origami - the wings overlap. Currently he's in a pad folded flat under a Diaperaps cover.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. ISO YN Munki Sushi, AhMay sets, Small BG AIOs in blossom, twilight, grasshopper, butternut, zinnia, moonbeam, ribbit, clementine

Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

I had the same prob but then started doing them "side snap"style and they hold better than pins for me!
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
MayLily79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, side snapping works best! If you have the older version of Boingos, I suggest getting the new ones, they are sooooooooo much better!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayLily79
Yes, side snapping works best! If you have the older version of Boingos, I suggest getting the new ones, they are sooooooooo much better!!!!!!
I have the new ones. Glow In The Dark and Disco Glitter.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
D&MsMommy
Registered Users
seller

I am about to throw my boings and snappis away, and just use my good old pins. I have sliced my thumb twice with the boingos.. and they always come off and end up in the cover. I'm afraid it's gonna cut my baby! And, snappis always break. USE PINS!!
D&MsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote