Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
How many "pees" per diaper

Still trying to convince a friend to CD. I loaned out some Alva pockets w/ bamboo inserts and she returned them this week saying they leaked. Some more questions later and found they were changed every 3+ hours

IDK, I was on the norm where if your lo is awake and they pee you change them right away. Which is why cd families need huge stashes diapers right

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Belbaby3728
Banned

I change my girl every 2 hours unless she is asleep or poops or acts like she wants to be changed sooner. But I did that in disposables too.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD pees so much that if we went more than 1 pee she would be super soaked!

~Currently incubating a tiny human!~
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer
Still trying to convince a friend to CD. I loaned out some Alva pockets w/ bamboo inserts and she returned them this week saying they leaked. Some more questions later and found they were changed every 3+ hours

IDK, I was on the norm where if your lo is awake and they pee you change them right away. Which is why cd families need huge stashes diapers right
I don't change mine right away. I let them go about 2 hours or until they poo or unless they want to be changed sooner. I had the same problem as your friend when I first started. I bought some cheap eBay diapers and then they started leaking from day 1. I thought I had made this huge mistake in buying no name diapers instead of something expensive like bg's or fuzzibunz, etc. it wasn't until I came on here asking for help that I realized I was leaving them in the diapers too long. Because obviously even microfiber can't soak up as much pee as all that gel can in a disposable.

My family that uses disposable will leave the same diaper on almost all day, as long as its not leaking. They have left it on so long that the gel was so heavy it made the diaper sag to the knees almost. so maybe she just needs to reevaluate how long to leave the diaper on her baby. Your friend that is. She may have her mind set that cloth diapers are supposed to last longer than a disposable and it's definitely not the case.

Oh and I do actually sometimes change after every pee,but that is if we are using flats or something without a stay dry liner because they will get a rash super quick in a wet flat...
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many "pees" per diaper

I change just about every two hours or right after a poop, whichever comes first.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Even in sposies I change as soon as it gets wet. (1-2 1/2 hours- Depending on age of child).
Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
SootheBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to change at least every 2 hours or if I noticed earlier that the baby had wet or soiled the diaper. I remember with ds in particular that we changed all the time because he would wake up wet, get changed, poo while eating, get changed, pee after eating, and get changed. We went through a lot of diapers with him!
SootheBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
Zandersmommy09
Registered Users
seller

I change every pee but my son is 2 and a half so all any diaper will hold is 1 pee and he tells me as soon as he has peed so it's easy to know he can go up to 3 hrs or longer without peeing though and he goes 10-12 hrs at night without using his diaper!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

I check religiously and change as soon as he is wet or dirty. Unless he is sleeping, of course.

Daycare rule of thumb is check every hour and change when wet. Maybe she could try that.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. ISO YN Munki Sushi, AhMay sets, Small BG AIOs in blossom, twilight, grasshopper, butternut, zinnia, moonbeam, ribbit, clementine

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Jessi621
Registered Users
seller
seller

At home we almost exclusivly use coverless flats or prefolds. That way I can see/feel when she's wet and change right away. With pockets at home I change every 1.5-2 hours. With pockets while out I change every 2-3 hours. I don't know how many pees that is
Proud Army wife and sahm to The Chickie 2/26/05, The Monkey 6/13/08 and The Little Miss 8/15/10 Due in Aug with #4
Jessi621 is offline   Reply With Quote