Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Ok, you favorite type/brand of diapers?

Ok, I have been selling ALOT on Ebay over the last week, and have more to list and hopefully that will go as well.....SO I am going to have a little $$ and want to buy a quality NEW/like new diaper for my boys.

Right now, we have atleast one of each type of diaper I think (AIO, AI2, Pocket, PF, Flat, Fleece w/ liner, Bummis SWW covers, unknown WAHM stuff, pull ons, fitteds) I am not sure which type of diaper I like the best b/c the brands vary so much. Like the pocket I have the the baby, I really like out of all his dipes b/c it works really really good, its a WAHM, probably known since its so well made, but I dont know who, on the other hand, my 2yr old has a pocket and I dont like it at all b/c the velcro will NOT stay closed, its a Bubbaloo's Bottoms & looks to be in great cond etc, I just dont know why it wont stay closed- he wore it last night, & I had to fasten it back like 100 times throughout the night, next time I am using pins w/ it.

Anyway....I need a diaper that is going to work REALLY good, and not leak, and thats cute.

Please spam me with your recommendations AND INCLUDE LINKS please please please, or I will never find them... This includes your favorite type & brand of diaper AND why...and best time of use...day/night/any...

TIA!

Advertisement

christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #2
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok, you favorite type/brand of diapers?

I love these AI2's she is stocking on the 20th of this month.
http://www.littleraindancers.com/store/Default.asp
Old 06-13-2006, 07:25 AM   #3
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I love these AI2's she is stocking on the 20th of this month.
http://www.littleraindancers.com/store/Default.asp
It says szs are: small: up to 22lbs OR med: 12-28lbs, etc... how do you think they fit? Are the sizes correct? (I know not all are) Our 4 1/2mth old is about 14-15lbs, would you recommend the Small or Medium in these for him? I would think med- thats what I usually get BUT since it says Small is to 22lbs, I am now curious if that one would be better? He is tall and skinny but pees alot, his rise is b/t 14-15in w/ diaper on, & he has pretty small thighs...
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:49 AM   #4
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

E-mail Carolann, she's a total sweetie and will help you pick a size. I have larges over here and they fit my 20 pounder and my 32 pounder just fine. Those ARE really great diapers, and the price is great, too.

Anyway, AIO's are my favorite. I just don't like pockets, and I'm so-so about fitteds. Don't get me wrong, I do like them. Ds right now is in a Mutt fitted with wool shorties. But I prefer AIO's by far.

Some of my favorites.

VB AIO's. Olive Branch Baby VB's are really nice, but her spots are hard to get. So if you want instant gratification try www.bluelakediapers.com She has athletic wicking fabric, and I highly recommend this option. She can do snaps or velcro.

www.angelwraps.com These are so trim and absorbant. They are an AI2, but I just leave the soaker snapped in during the wash, so it's like an AIO.

www.dillydoos.com I have recently re-found the Dilly Doo love. I love her Stuffaroo because it's an AIO, but if your child is a heavy wetter you can stuff the sleeve inside. Then, the stuffer just comes out in the wash, and you never have to touch it. I also love her snap back landry tabs so the velcro never comes undone.

www.thecalicobaby.com Similar to Angel Wraps, but serged and not T&T. Really nice diapers, but she stocks irratically.

www.lucyshopechest.com These are first class, hold a ton AIO's Becky is very accomodating, and I've never had a custom order get here so fast. It was 5 diapers, too. If you join her Yahoo! group she has tons more fabrics listed. These really hold a ton, and are a great price. The tri-fold soakers are a little bulky, but I think the quick dry would be trimmer.

And for fitteds, love my Mutts www.muttaqin.com
Old 06-13-2006, 07:49 AM   #5
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

My favorite fitteds are Blackbird Lane. They fit great, hold a ton of pee and are super cute. She can wear a medium or large in these, but the large is a better fit.

I use mostly fitteds with or without wool, but my favorite pockets are Green Acre Designs. Isabel's current measurements are 16.5" waist, 17" hips and 11.5" thighs and the medium GADs still fit, but we probably will need to size up soon, mostly for her thighs.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:10 AM   #6
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick
My favorite fitteds are my favorite pockets are Green Acre Designs.
We also love the GAD pockets. They are so well made, and Shannon offers so many custom options. She also offers a medium long option which is perfect for my long skinny kid!
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #7
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely love my Fuzzi Fannies pockets! Never had any leaks, they're cute and fast to get on and off w/the aplix. Other than that all other pockets are FBs which are also very reliable for us. Oh, and my self made pocket fitteds.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #8
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cloud 9 Softies are my favorite fitteds.
My favorite covers are Wiggle Worm Bottoms. I like her covers with snaps (she adds an extra snap for NO wing droop!! ) and usually get a snap in sleeve too.
I make my own pockets which I stuff with infant pfs. I love the way they fit, but I'm thinking about trying some inserts to make them trimmer.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

I second Blackbird Lane for fitteds.....they are the BEST! And GAD's for Pockets (we only use these at night).
Some others that I really like are See Emily Play
http://hyenacart.com/SeeEmilyPlay/
and Ewe Baby Designs
http://hyenacart.com/EweBabyDesigns/
HTH
Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #10
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Valor Kids, hands down. She has one custom slot open on her Hyena Cart too.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote