Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #21
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Re: Ok, you favorite type/brand of diapers?

I happen to like HH a lot. I also like the trimness of GADs...

Advertisement

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:28 PM   #22
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fitteds and ai2s lover here... lucys hopechest for fitteds and VBs for ai2s --the best!
Old 06-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #23
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boys
I would have to say WWBs. we use ours over organic prefolds or trim fitteds but her snap in sleeves give you all the convenience of a pocket and cover combined!! www.wigglewormbottoms.com
Do these seem to run small to you? I was just looking through the "FABRICS" list and saw the lemon fabric and I think I have this one...I got it used and was told its a "Medium" but is just barely fits my 15lber and I cant fit anything under it... I am wondering if it was actually a small or if thats how they sell them....? Do your WWBs have tags in them? I will have to go find mine and check... it looks like the same style though...
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:15 AM   #24
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I too wanted to try EVERYTHING. I started with three fuzzi bunz and branched out to a few Happy Hineys then before I bought my "stash" I bought one Wonderoo, one Bum Genius, and one Mommy's Touch for pockets. I do also like prefolds. When it all came down to it, the fuzzi bunz were what we stuck with.
The Happy Hineys my DH would tighten too tight and I really didn't like the aplix because EVERYTHING seems to stick to it. We traded all but one.
The Mommy's Touch diaper I am only using at night when I stuff two infant prefolds in, but the snaps are just way too complicated for me to figure out on a regular basis. Has a really cute print, but we might wind up selling it, because we just don't use it that much.
The Wonderoo functions alright, but if it goes in the dryer at all, the pul seems to stick together even on the lowest heat setting. The snaps are sometimes a little frustrating and it just seems to be very cheeply made and they were more expensive.
The Bum Genius: you either love them or you hate them. I really like the suede cloth, but the outer is very thin. I can handle the aplix on these, but everytime I wash them (DH forgets to use the laundry tabs,) they tend to snag. I love the cotton babies inserts, but I will get to that in another post I am sure. The colors are very expensive and just not worth it for us.
After trying all of that we broke down (after finding a good sale) and bought a nice stash of fuzzi bunz. They seem to work really well right now, but I also know they do not work well for some babies (other mamma's pipe up now).
I have a couple of AIO's, a couple of fitteds & prefolds and two BSWW, but depend on the FB for my work horse dipes.
I am allergic to wool, so I am not going to get into that, plus my budget could not handle it at all.
I hope this helps some.
jjaelovesenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:23 AM   #25
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My take on inserts:
I really liked how the green mountain inserts (terry) fit into the fuzzi bunz, they worked really well for a while, but dd turned into a super wetter.
I have tried the inserts from Abby's Lane and Nicki's diapers, not my favorites.
I have tried Ducky Bunz for middle wetters and the jury is still out.
I have tried Joey Bunz hemp inserts and they take forever to dry out on the line and then they are really stiff and don't seem to work as well. As long as they go in the dryer they work fine.
My work horse inserts are cotton babies, the same that come with the Bum Genius. They hold a little more and they are reasonably priced.
Oh, I also forgot, I have a Wonderoos micro terry insert that I do like, but buying them with out the diaper is just out of our price range. We have only used it in the Wonderoo too, so I don't know how they would work other wise.

I forgot to mention that the Wonderoo, Bum Genius and Mommy's Touch are all one size diapers. Your son would probably do well in Mediums in all the others. My DD is on the large side and will probably be in Mediums for another year if she doesn't outgrow her rise (not fat, just large and well proportioned)
jjaelovesenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:45 AM   #26
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an almost 14 month old boy, who is a heavy wetter.

I love SNAP-EZ PUL pockets and Windpro pockets
GAD - pockets
and I like FB petites. In that order.

Good luck!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #27
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinewith4
Do these seem to run small to you? I was just looking through the "FABRICS" list and saw the lemon fabric and I think I have this one...I got it used and was told its a "Medium" but is just barely fits my 15lber and I cant fit anything under it... I am wondering if it was actually a small or if thats how they sell them....? Do your WWBs have tags in them? I will have to go find mine and check... it looks like the same style though...
They have tags with the size on them. If it barely fits a 15lber than it's probably a small (or maybe not a WWB). The larges still fit my 31lb 2yo who can also wear the XL. My 18lb 5mo is still on the tightest snap setting on the mediums.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #28
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

I prefer AI2's. I like Blackbird Lane, Beccabottoms (but she doens't make them anymore), Daisy Doodles (super trim and will fit under jeans, they won't handle a super soaker though.) Jcrsmom makes nice embroidered AI2's also. She has Sweet Baby boutique on Mom's boardwalk. And Muttaquin's!
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #29
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

My fave's are what I've narrowed down to now: SEZ and BGs. I really like pockets bc of fast dry time, but I'm lovin' my new SEZ AIOs wth lay-in doublers.
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #30
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

Oops, double post!

Last edited by rebeccah5; 06-16-2006 at 12:57 PM.
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote