Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Gymnastic/martial arts parents

We do gymnastics. No fees but we pay per session. Both places we have gone to do this.

One we go to "specializes" in special needs kids and when we have our class I see some of the kids working almost one on one with instructors.

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

We are all (DS1, DS2, DH & myself) active & competitive in our martial arts school (we do jiu-jitsu, TaeKwonDo and Krav Maga). It is a requirement of 6 tournaments to even qualify for a black belt in their TaeKwonDo program (2 tournaments per year minimum) at our school. We are AAU (amateur athletic union) members in order to compete in AAU events & use their insurance (even though we have private insurance of our own). The membership fee is small & we enjoy the tournaments so its worth it for us.
http://aausports.org/InsuranceOvervi...roduction.aspx

and special needs & martial arts is another huge part of our school! Our Master & his wife started "Inspiring Possibilities" at our school. We have a large amount of special needs students that LOVE TKD!

http://www.inspiringpossibilities.org/
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #13
mjg2043
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My daughter has to pay an annual membership fee to a national organization for ice hockey or she can't be on a competitive team.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #14
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If we do, it's built into the membership fee to the school.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #15
sojomisa
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToMyMonkeys View Post
My family owns a gymnastics business, so I can tell you for sure the answer is no. Recreational gymnasts do not have to pay any national fees. If they go on to competitive team, then they pay an annual USAG membership in order to compete in the meets.

And whoever said it is $100 a year....your gym is screwing you. The fee is $49 a year, and less if they fill it out online
I just checked our account and it built in to the "annual membership fee". I'm going to ask for a breakdown at next practice.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #16
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My four kids all take Tang Soo Do. We do pay a yearly national membership fee. I'm not sure if it's required, but we do compete in tournaments, so it probably is. I pay $220/month total for 4 kids and then $90/year total for national. I also pay a $25 per kid testing fee for each test.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #17
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when i coached gymnastics only competitive team members payed the USA/AAU fees. recreation class kids did not.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote