Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
Hannah Elise
Registered Users
My Mood:
diaper rash... infected penis???

Okay... my son has developed a couple of sore spots (on inside of either thigh, under testicles) that I have been treating with Weleda diaper cream... and this morning I noticed that the tip of his penis looked whitish... I don't know how else to describe it. I know with uncirced boys you can get some white buildup (and I am blanking out on the term for it) but he is (unfortunately, in retrospect) circed.

In the past few days he has grabbed at himself with diaper and clothes on, and cry out, and I just figured that he was trying to communicate that he was wet (he is 13mo, but not really verbal yet), since before that he would feel around while I changed his diaper (lots of fun when there was poop, ugh) but otherwise showed no interest. Now I am wondering if it is because he is uncomfortable and there is an infection of some sort? Any ideas?

I switched from Weleda to a healing salve I have, which has vit E, comfrey, plantain, etc... I keep it around for cuts and scrapes but I have heard people use it for diaper rash before so I thought it was worth a shot.

Anyway, is there anything else I can do to help it? Anything I should watch for?

Sent using the DS Forum Android app

Hannah Elise, procrastinator extraordinaire
Wife to Spencer (5.29.10), momma to Asher (3.19.11) & Benjamin (12.20.13)
Mud-lovin', trail-ridin', book-readin', goat-raisin' country girl
ISO: interlock, M/XL GMD workhorse IHA: Fleece soakers, wool shorties, prefolds
Hannah Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
My Mood:
Re: diaper rash... infected penis???

Well my DS is great at getting a variety of rashes. Are the sores like open sores? My son got a diaper rash and the sores turned into open sores and after seeing 2 doctors they finally diagnosed it as a bacterial infection (there is a long story to this) and at that point we had to do antibiotics because it was bad. Now we just use neospirin if I start to see anything similar. I am not a fan of neosporin but it is what works for him. can you post a picture of the sores, obviously can't do pics of the white stuff.
Privacy? Who needs privacy
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote