Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by MacMama

Me too, I think. I haven't been to the midwife in 7 weeks but I'll be going on Monday so I'll know for sure.

I wouldn't be worried about a big jump though-- it seems like I always gain like that. Nothing for a few weeks, then several pounds in one week. Remember too, if you're only going off of a check-up weight, that we vary a LOT in one day. It depends on how much fluid you're retaining, how many salty foods you've eaten, weather you've gone to the bathroom lately, if you've just eaten... I've seen my pregnancy weight vary up to 4 pounds in a single 24-hour period.

I'm shooting for 25ish pounds again this time, which is about what I gained with #2 and #3. With #1 I gained 40, and I also started out 18 pounds heavier than I did this time, so by the end I was swollen and miserable. I definitely don't want to do that again.
Yeah, I've been basing my home tracking off am weight right out the shower. I've seen large daily fluctuations too!

Right now I'm up 7 on my home scale, but I'm sure it will be more at the 20w on Tuesday! I have a stable week and a gaining week alternatively it seems.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using DS Forum

mama to Asher(6) my cowgirl Skyler (3) , our furry kids; and wife to Doug since 10-23-05.
oldandnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Weight gain

I'm - 18 right now, but I was getting close to - 30 so I'm happy, that's about 10ish lbs gained in 6 weeks. I'm not happy about it but I was looking seriously sick so it's not a bad thing.

I hope my Dr lifts my restriction next week instead of enforcing it. I've been pushing my limits the last week or so :/
Nurse Practitioner (LFNP), loving her crazy husband,
Momma to
Stryder Entropy, Miss Accalia Siobhan
Emeline Claire
Saebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #13
el's mama
Registered Users

I'm 20 weeks and have gained 5. I usually gain the bulk of my weight in weeks 20-35 (I don't gain in the last month.. I usually lose a few lbs). I gained 20 with my first, 25 with my 2nd and 17 with my 3rd (and oddly enough, she was my biggest). I think it's normal for your weight to jump and then have a few weeks without weight gain. My Midwife is always mellow about it. She wants me to exercise and eat well. My body will do the rest. Relax and know that the scale will go back down after your baby is here.
In with my DH, crunchy, attached Mama to 4. Homeschooling, long term breastfeeding, CD'ing, babywearing, homebirthing. Could I BE anymore addicted to cloth?!
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Depends on who's scale you go by....According to the midwives I've gained 7lbs total (with the -5 loss on their scale, that would put me at 2lbs actually gained). According to my scale I lost 10lbs totals and am up 7 from there, putting me at -3 still. I guess either way I've gained 7, its just my starting weight that differs.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm still down around 5 lbs. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way. I only gained about 5 lbs total when I was pregnant with DS. I walked out of the hospital weighing significantly less than I did the day I found out that I was pregnant. Hopefully I can keep the tradition up. I'm a plus-sized gal to begin with, I don't know what I would do with extra baby weight! I've been extra hungry lately though. It kind of scares me.
Liz (12 yrs), Jake (Feb '10), Josie (Sept '12), & Josh (Sept '13)
My 365:
ashley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

I lost 12 andf I have gained back 10. Im a little sad because I gained 45 with DD and I don't want to do that again!!!
MommaJacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
Registered Users

I've gained back all that I'd lost and about 5 xtras
Nikki, married to my High School Sweetheart, John.
Proud momma to Grayson (5), Tucker (3) and 4 angels.
Cautiously expecting a boy in September (on my birthday!)
nikkibreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #18
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
I have gained 4 this week too!

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using DS Forum
Erin- wifey to Jarred, proud mama to Colton, Meadow, Cove and Cam
TrammellyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

I think I have gained bwtween 10 and 12 lbs so far. I sure feel/look like I have gained about twice that much. Even with exercise and eating well I gained right around 40lbs with both boys. I am hoping with this one due at the end of summer instead of winter that will help.
wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #20
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm worried too...22 weeks and up about ten pounds. I gained over 70 lbs with my first child & I'm trying not to make that mistake again. I'm eating healthy and walking for exercise on an almost daily basis, but I packed on two pounds this week. My original goal was not to gain more than 15 lbs because I'm was still a little overweight before getting pregnant, but I think thats gotten away from me.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote