Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #11
Sigkap714
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you wear your baby/toddler during pregnancy?

Wearing while pregnant is just fine as long as you listen to your body. If it hurts or you feel strain on your tummy, try something different. I only have one LO, but I have a lot of friends that wear their whole pregnancy (including a handful certified through the babywearing school). Back carries are the universal favourite.

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have worn older children while expecting. She needs a new carrier though. Her LO is too heavy for a Moby. If she wants to wrap she needs a woven or another carrier all together. I prefer to pressure on my tummy with pregnancy so I usually back carry or use a ringsling.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #13
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

I agree with the others who say a Moby isn't supportive enough for a 19 lb kiddo. Stretchy wraps start to sag. A woven wrap however will support baby and be very comfy for mama. Back carries are great while pregnant. If baby needs to be worn on the front, then a hip carry is your best bet.
Babywearing during pregnancy is fine as long as mama is comfortable. I wore my 2 year old all the way up until the day before delivery using slings and woven wraps.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #14
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm 32 wks and have worn my dd this whole pg in my ergo. She is 19mo and about 22ish lbs. I have found over the past month that it has been uncomfy for me to wear her on the front, but I've work her on my back, with the buckle in the front under my belly, with not problems at all. I actually feel like it's balanced me out
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #15
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I wore DS up until DD was born. In front till I got to big (in a MT or ring sling). When I got further along he went on my back in a MT. I tied it below my belly.

Amanda... posting from my iPad
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
cbreeding
Registered Users

I have done it, but generally not in a front carry. By 9mths, front carries for me, except for in a structured carrier, no longer really felt comfortable. To much wiggling and squirming. Plus my kiddos wanted up and down a lot so something a little quicker like a ring sling or structured carrier worked better for me.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I was wearing my 24 lb 2 yr old until 33 weeks? on my back in a Beco. It was fine.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
Jessi621
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with the others. Back or hip and in something more structured would be fine. I'll be 26wks on Monday and I just finished running some errands with my 23ish lbs 20mo on my back in an Ergo.
Proud Army wife and sahm to The Chickie 2/26/05, The Monkey 6/13/08 and The Little Miss 8/15/10 Due in Aug with #4
Jessi621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #19
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

If she's comfortable, then it's OK.

I found that the Moby isn't really an ideal carrier after about 13-15ish pounds, it doesn't have enough support for bigger babies. There are a ton of other carriers that would work better at this point.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

as long as i feel comfortable. i just wore DD (27 lbs) before my back started hurting
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote