Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you wear your baby/toddler during pregnancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylovinmama View Post
I'm 32 wks and have worn my dd this whole pg in my ergo. She is 19mo and about 22ish lbs. I have found over the past month that it has been uncomfy for me to wear her on the front, but I've work her on my back, with the buckle in the front under my belly, with not problems at all. I actually feel like it's balanced me out
hehe, I wear my 23 mo old on my back in my beco with the buckle on TOP of my belly (I am 35 wks pregnant). I can post a pic if you like.....I wear him pretty frequently and I have worn him on my front in a 1/2 buckle about a month ago and a ring sling on my hip last month as well.

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #22
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is me 41 weeks pregnant with our youngest, wearing my 28# 2 year old in a Boba.

For me, I am in good physical health and strength. It causes no pain, or muscular fatigue as long as its a supportive carrier and I am listening to my body. I think the danger is over exerting yourself causing real damage as the increased relaxin in your body can cause muscle tendons and ligaments to stretch improperly. So, wear with caution
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 25 weeks and still wear my 18 month ds who is 25lbs. I wear him using a boba or ergo in the front if he is sleepy and not going to be doing much wiggling. Otherwise I wear him on the back. It never hurts, I just buckle it lower than I used to. Also if the baby keeps kicking ds and they can't get comfortable together, I'll put ds on my back instead.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i'm 36 weeks and still occasionally wear my 35lb 2.5 yr old in our kinderpack. i only wear him on the back though, obviously. he hasn't been comfortable on the front since loooong before i got pg and there's no way he'd fit there now i sometimes buckle above the bump, sometimes below, depending on what feels more comfortable for me at the time. i also don't wear him for very long anymore, it hurts my hips and backs. i think the most important thing is to listen to your body. at first, nothing really changed from before i was pregnant. as the pregnancy has progressed, it has gotten more difficult for me to wear him comfortably for long, and i just listen to that, and put him down when i feel like it's getting to be too much for me.

also, i don't have any personal experience with the moby, but everything i've read about it says that it is really just not that comfortable or supportive at the size your grandson it. she really may find that a different carrier made for a bigger kid would be a whole lot more comfortable for her, pregnant or not. and, back carries are definitely more comfortable for older kids, and while preggo. and it is a very very bad idea to do a back carry in a moby, it's just way too stretchy to hold a kid in there safely. so, if she wants that option as she gets bigger, she will definitely need to look at something else. i'm big into ssc, so my faves are the beco butterfly and kinderpack
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #25
Goosey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wore my daughter in my Beco Butterfly when I was pregnant with my second. She weighed about 19lbs at the time and I wore her on my front while my belly was still relatively small. The first time it felt uncomfortable on my belly, I stopped. Tell her to give it a try, she'll know if it doesn't feel right.
Goosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #26
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wore ds1 while pregnant, he was 19 lbs. A Moby was not supportive for me though. So a woven wrap, SSC or MT was what I used.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #27
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd get a woven wrap or an ssc but yes I did. I wore my toddler up on my back in the Ergo & Beco my entire pregnancy. I just put the belt part very low below my belly.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #28
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Nope. My youngest child at the time was 3 or over and that was just too much for me.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #29
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not sure about a moby, but I carried my almost 2 year old in the ergo up until I delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #30
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I could wear my toddlers in supportive back carries while pregnant but I couldn't carry a 9 month old in a moby never mind in a moby while pregnant. I went on hikes with supportive back carriers while pregnant but I didn't wear them as much a before I was pregnant and I wasn't up for front carries.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote