Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: LO's and movie theaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
I've noticed adults are worse than kids. They are on their phones with the light lighting up at least 3 rows, they talk during it, they cough and hack, there have even been a few times recently where a lady had to explain everything to the person next to her.

If you don't take kids, then how will they learn how to act? If you don't want to pay to hear kids then don't go to a kids movie.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
I agree with this. My original question was about the kids movies for a Buck. I would never take a toddler to a full price movie, that is asking for trouble. I also would be mortified if my DD acted up in a full Price movie.
There are plenty of opportunities to teach my children to be quiet . A movie theater is not one of them. So i can't go to a kids movie with my children and expect the other children to behave properly? Well it is just sad that parents no longer care about common courtesy just because it is a children's movie. I am sure that my children would rather watch a movie in peace than having to listen to a baby cry or a rude child talk.

It does not matter if i paid $1 or $15 I still paid to watch a movie not to listen to your child bladder on.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
milosmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't take my son to see a movie until he was about 3-ish. This wasn't as much about his behavior but about the volume of noise at the movies. I may have been overly cautious, but I was told and was worried about the noise for his baby ears. Movies are super loud these days and it can hurt/damage their little eardrums
milosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmama
I didn't take my son to see a movie until he was about 3-ish. This wasn't as much about his behavior but about the volume of noise at the movies. I may have been overly cautious, but I was told and was worried about the noise for his baby ears. Movies are super loud these days and it can hurt/damage their little eardrums
This might be the main reason I wont take her. She gets scared by loud noises.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #24
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

I'd say if it was a kid movie then try it and if he/she cries then leave. I still haven't taken my kids, 4 and 2, to the movies just because I know their attention spans wouldn't let them sit still for 2 hours. But I remember going to see a horror movie and someone brought their like 18 month old and the baby was crying through the whole movie and the mom didn't do anything about it. People in the theater were yelling at her telling her to leave. She shouldn't have brought a baby to see that movie anyways! But that was off topic, lol
Old 05-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
There are plenty of opportunities to teach my children to be quiet . A movie theater is not one of them. So i can't go to a kids movie with my children and expect the other children to behave properly? Well it is just sad that parents no longer care about common courtesy just because it is a children's movie. I am sure that my children would rather watch a movie in peace than having to listen to a baby cry or a rude child talk.

It does not matter if i paid $1 or $15 I still paid to watch a movie not to listen to your child bladder on.
Yes, there are, but if you want to teach your child how to sit and be quiet during a movie, then you need to provide them with the experience. I talk to my kids about good movie manners before we go, in the car, and again when we get there. The girls are fine as they have been going for quite a while now and have learned. I remind them anyhow and now the teaching is mainly for ds, who is learning well with experience. If they make a peep or start to act up (I know my kids so I can tell when it is going to happen before any sounds come out) then I take them out immediately. When they are calm, ready to sit and be quiet and go back in the theatre we go back in.

In all of the kids movies I have been to the worst disturbances have been the parents and older kids (ages 8-12). In 2 different instances, a parent was talking more than the child and in another the adult was explaining everything to the kid during the entire movie. I dislike the generalization that young children should not be allowed in theatres b/c they make too many disturbances.