Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Registered Users
38 weeks and 3 days....

My doctor sent me to the hospital yesterday. I lost part of my mucus plug weds night and have had contractions between 5 and 10 minutes consistently since late weds night. They hooked me up to the monitor and checked me last night. My water was intact and my cervix was dialated 1 cm. at the on call doctors suggestion, they kept me overnight for evaluation. The squishy's heart rate was all over the place as low as 50 as high as 207. My doctor released me this afternoon. She wants me to get to 39 weeks (tuesday).

Some background, I'm scheduled for a 3rd c section at 40 weeks on may 15th. ( My cervix is tilted almost completely to the back making natural childbirth unavailable to me). They did an ultrasound today and he is already weighing 8 lbs, heart and lungs are fully formed. I've measured a week ahead all along and based on my lmp have thought I was a week ahead of what they thought since day 1.

I've never dealt with this before so I'm a little concerned. I expressed this to thedoc today. I'm worried about his heartate being all over the place. Is that normal? He is super active and was all night last night even with me taking an ambien at the hospital. Like very little
Downtime. I'm happy he is moving, but is he moving too much? Am I just over reacting? I know that any extra time cooking just helps him that much more so I understand where she is coming from with that but am I right to be concerned about his heartate and the extra movement?

Di..... mom to my teen, my princess, and a new addition may 2012. I can spell but my iPhone can't!

Di ... loving wifey to my coach and slightly crunchy mama to my teen (16) ,my princess (6) and my Cinnabon (May 2012) :blue baby:
crazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 38 weeks and 3 days....

I have no medical background so I can't give advice, but maybe call your doctor and express your concerns more clearly about the heart rate issues. I'd be a bit concerned about it.
dublinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1
My Mood:
Completely normal. As is the heart rate. If the Dr was worried, I wouldn't be worried. Losing your plug means diddly. I lost mine last week..and I have contractions too like that and I'm 3cm and still preggo.
Megan, wife to Jason. Mommy to Asher, 2, Levi, 1 and Rebekah coming September 10.
babylove921 is offline   Reply With Quote