Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #21
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good thing you had the float by in case of flood
Mari used to eat the huge containers of blueberries from.Sams. Not all at once but in a few days. Then one time she pooped what looked like a blueberry the size of a baseball and I decided we should hold off a bit

Advertisement

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #22
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
They might be owned by Aldi but they are nothing.like the Aldi in the US.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #23
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically its Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
They might be owned by Aldi but they are nothing.like the Aldi in the US.
Oh I'm sure....it was just something I found out in training and thought it was interesting. I've no idea what the shop it's self is like.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #24
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

I totally hear you, Kari. In fact, we could be living parallel lives in the morning. I think it might be an age thing too. E has to get up when I do, and the biggest problem I have is getting him to actually get dressed while I shower/get dressed/get ready to go downstairs. This morning, he farted around for half an hour while I did those things, so I just left him upstairs to get dressed on his own. Which meant coming to the bottom of the stairs every 30 seconds to answer a question about getting dressed. (Really?! How hard can it be? You have been doing it every morning for 5.5 years!)

I am hoping that tomorrow he will remember the misery and do better. We will see how that works out. I don't mind him being pokey about stuff. But he has 30 minutes! That is plenty of time to be pokey and still get everything done.

And I am more than willing to help him out if he is at least making an effort. But when I get out of the shower 15 minutes after wake-up and he is lying on his bed pretending to be asleep having only taken off his PJ shorts (which he put in the laundry despite my repeated instructions to put in the cubby to wear again tonight), I do not consider than making an effort! I consider that dawdling.

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #25
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 View Post
well i kinda am. He wake sup gets dressed and comes downstairs. He eats has a drink. HTen he kinda has some free time about 25 minutes. THen i give him a 5 minute warning. that give us 10 minutes to brush his teeth, shoes potty. Every day we are rushing at the end bc he won't put the legos down. Ive tried doing the teeth, shoes and potty before lego time but he still won't walk away from them. If he can't tomorrow he just can't play with them before school. I am gonna try not to worry...he has an awesome teacher and aide who will turn his bad mood around
;
That's good he has a good teacher...I don't know if under that situation I would let him play at all until he is totally ready. When I nannied, the parents pretty much left it up to me, since I did all the getting ready for school, taking them to school, etc. In the mornings if they were extra good they could "earn" play time...but only 5-10 minutes in the mornings max. And that was only if they were really good. If they wanted to be able to 'earn play time' the next morning, they had to listen to the timer/me when it was time to leave. If they didn't stop playing, then they couldn't earn time the next day (and/or rest of the week...depending how slow they were). I would always set the timer/alarm on my cell phone and when it went off, Shane would jump up and get off the Wii to show me he was good & could play the next day. lol

Quote:
I just don't let them do anything until they are totally ready to.leave. and I have instilled a completely false fear of what the principal would do if they are tardy
Back from my walk.....
Your walking is really making me feel guilty! And that's a good idea about the principal

Quote:
We have too much time. Kids are up by 6:30 and leave at 8:35. They watch TV until 7 and then I put music on until they are ready.
I need to wake up at that time. I woke up today at 8:50.. usually the baby wakes us up - so no need for an alarm guess that didn't happen today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~ View Post
Oh....Fun fact of the day: Trader Joes is actually Aldi Nord.
...I miss Trader Joes! That's neat.

morning all.....I am staring in my cup of coffee...woke up late today. usually the baby wakes us up but she is still sleeping this morning, I think this week might be more hectic than i thought. definitely a monday
I should be off to the courthouse soon.
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #26
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

Janine,...I read earlier last week that your DH(?) does music? What kind of music?

I'm super curious about all of you, I think today I shall play 20 questions
Old 05-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #27
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

if is almost ready minus shoes and teeth. i need a timer. he is just stubborn and wants to live in lego land lol
Old 05-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #28
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I only walk a mile and it is quick, 15 min maybe?
I felt like such a witch yesterday, I was having a bad body image day (hello my pants confused me into thinking I was pg) and she told me that she had lost 7 lbs. I didn't react the way I should have and apologized today.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #29
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haha,...I have a bad body image day every day. Maybe I should do a mile walk in the mornings. I'm sure my dog would appreciate it.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #30
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Kari and Ru, on the rough morning. S has been pretty good this week about leaving when we tell him it's time to go, but a lot of days he drags his feet and ends up in tears by the time we get him out the door. I always hate sending him off to school upset, even though I know he'll probably be fine shortly I worry all morning.

Ru and/or Mel, was it you who said E used to wake up with growth pains in his legs at night? S woke up crying last night saying that his leg hurt, and I'm wondering if it was just a bad dream or if he's actually having growth pains. I don't think he's had a sudden growth spurt since he was a little baby (he's always been in the 5th or 10th percentile for height), so I'm not sure what one looks like.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote