Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: May Mama Weekly Chat 5/7-5/13

My water just broke!

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #12
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jealous!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a large amount of ladies with spontaneous rupture of membranes..crazy!

So happy for you mama's that are laboring today..praying it all goes smoothly for you all!

My 3 oldest are spending the net 2 days with the IL's, while its nice to know I can nap whenever, I sure to miss my big kids. Trying to enjoy Mommy/Micah time and hopefully get some rest.. Have a Ped. appointment tomorrow for a check up and his PKU screening.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #14
swinega
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I pray my water breaks.... We are going 1.5 hrs away so I can vbac and I wanna be sure when its time to go!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

My niece is in L&D now. I think it's probably her EDD or very close, but they induced her at midnight. Did the balloon catheter this morning to dilate her quicker. She got an epidural at 10:30 am, but only dilated to 5 cm after 14 hours, so they just broke her water. I hope it's quick and easy for her, but it doesn't really sound like LO was ready to come out, kwim?
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
kierstenw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my 41 week appointment today. My blood pressure was high, so my midwife wants me induced tomorrow. I'll be calling L&D at 5AM (goodie!) to see about getting a bed. This is definitely not what I had planned, but the conditions are favorable for a smooth delivery. DD is engaged, and my cervix is 4cm/80%. I'm contracting, but not regularly. So, hopefully this will just help get things started and put my contractions into some type of pattern.

I have anxiety, and being strapped to a monitor and IV fluids definitely will not help. I was really hoping to be able to labor at home to avoid this, but obviously that's not going to happen. I was told that I can use the birthing ball and move around within the room as long as I stay attached to the monitors, though...

On the plus side, she's going to be one hell of an anniversary present!
Mommy to our anniversary babe, Josie (5/8/12) and bb#2 due in September!

kierstenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LivandNoah View Post
We had a large amount of ladies with spontaneous rupture of membranes..crazy!
I was thinking the SAME Thing!!! Crazy to have so many with water breaking before intense labor begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierstenw View Post
I had my 41 week appointment today. My blood pressure was high, so my midwife wants me induced tomorrow. I'll be calling L&D at 5AM (goodie!) to see about getting a bed. This is definitely not what I had planned, but the conditions are favorable for a smooth delivery. DD is engaged, and my cervix is 4cm/80%. I'm contracting, but not regularly. So, hopefully this will just help get things started and put my contractions into some type of pattern.

I have anxiety, and being strapped to a monitor and IV fluids definitely will not help. I was really hoping to be able to labor at home to avoid this, but obviously that's not going to happen. I was told that I can use the birthing ball and move around within the room as long as I stay attached to the monitors, though...

On the plus side, she's going to be one hell of an anniversary present!
I had a really great induction with my second baby, dialated to 5-6cm before pitocin started. They may be able to just break your water and go from there IF you dont' have her by tomorrow morning that is
Old 05-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Kierstenw, keeping my fingers crossed that things go your way!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #19
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinega View Post
I pray my water breaks.... We are going 1.5 hrs away so I can vbac and I wanna be sure when its time to go!
I almost wish for this, too, after spending 4 hours in L&D last night w/ no cervical change. It would be nice to be able to check myself.

I've been contracting on and off all day, not intense enough to go back yet. I'm trying to distract myself and do some cleaning and laundry. DD is with my MIL since last evening, not sure whether to go get her or not.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

So I just had the first actually painful contraction or BH or whatever it was of this entire pregnancy, and it totally made me puke. I'm sure it's just normal pre-labor pains like all you poor mamas have been having for days and even weeks.... but SERIOUSLY?? That was flippin' horrible!!!