Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #41
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of May 7th

Hey ladies... sounds like everyone is still hanging in there... lots of new ladies on here.

I have been gone for a few weeks. We went on vacation so that was a nice distraction while waiting for AF to return. I am still having hot flashes from the Depot Lupron so I suspect it will still be a while. Wondering if trying some parsley tea to induce AF would be a stupid idea.

Guess just still waiting. Good luck ladies. I keep you all in my prayers. DD just turned 3.... we have been trying since before her first birthday so I am still in shock some days we are still trying. She is really starting to just be in love with babies.... she will randomly look up to the sky and say "Jesus, please give me a baby sister in my mommies tummy" It's so cute I her (and my) prayer gets answered soon!

Thinking about you all. Hugs.

Advertisement

Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #42
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good appointment today...I have about 4 follicles on each side that are all between 10 and 12 in size. Lining is at 16 which doc said was "beautiful." I go back on Monday.....
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #43
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Liesl - Lupron puts you in a menopausal like state. You will have hot flashes with it till you are given estrogen to counteract it. I am not sure what you mean by "still having hot flashes"? Glad you had fun on your vacation! I know what you mean by having a 3 year old now. My son is 3.5. Hopefully this will all be over soon for all of us!

Susan - that is great!! I hope everything continues to look good for you!

AFM - Nothing new with me. Glad the weekend is coming. Not exactly sure what we are doing but I am sure I will have fun! What are everyone else's plans for the weekend?
Old 05-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #44
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Liesl, what dose were you put on? generally it just fades out of your system but could take one to 3 months all depending on the dosage you have gotten. Lupron sucks. I am on my first injection with two to four more to follow. I feel like poo. I'm having more drug reaction than hormonal side effects at this point but I know I will have plenty of the hormonal stuff within the next few weeks.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #45
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

liesl, I didn't quit having the hot flashes until the 4 month mark (I was on for 6). Then once the last dose "wore off" so at the 6 month mark, it still took another 6 weeks for AF to come no matter what I did to try and help bring it on. I think they give estrogen to counter act as part of a IVF procedure (if I remember right) but if it's being given for endo it usually just is allowed to work out of your system.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #46
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had surgery in Jan with three doses of 3.75mg depot lupron.... my last shot was March 26th... so I am just waiting for AF so we can start TTC again. And it was def NOT my favorite drug. The hot flashes were gone for a week so I was so confused that they came back full force. The insomnia is improved for the most part but I have started having tachycardia (fast heart rate) the past few weeks which is super annoying and just weird it started not that my body is tapering off. They put me on the add back therapy which gives a small amount of estrogen to help with symptoms but I don't think it did anything personally so I stopped taking it.

Any whooo..... i guess not much I can do until then.

Slimy- where are you at right now??
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #47
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Same place I always am, hoping to O. Knowing I probably won't. Dh is off the drugs and has been for several months. Last SA there is some alive but hopefully it will start coming up more now that he's off the drugs. So it is a possiblity now if my body cooperates. I'm thinking if nothing happens by June or July, I'm going back in. But at this point we don't want to spend the money to do anything else because most likely we'd spend the money and I'd get pregnant and they I'd lose it anyway. So we're just still trying. Clomid, prometrium, baby asprin, and a host of natural stuff hoping for the best. I think I may need to go have surgery again, but then I know they'd try to put me on lupron again and I"m not willing to go there.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #48
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been terrible about keeping up with this and I'm sorry ladies! Life's been crazy (isn't it always?)

I hope and pray you're all well.

I should start Tues or Thurs. My temps didn't go up so hoping that I'm clear for this month too. I have friends who've had more losses and uhg, I just don't want to go there. It would be so much easier to just get snipped but trusting God still and still at peace with that.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #49
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Susan, you have 4 follicles...for ivf? I thought they liked to have a lot more than that. Sorry to sound at all rude. lol! My doctor was saying he wanted to get 12 to 16 follicles for ivf with icsi. (We are wanting more than one baby as a result and are planning on doing FETs.)
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #50
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Updated.

Welcome Eryn- I'm sorry that your journey in TTC has brought you here, but hopefully the support you find here will help you get through until you get that BFP and a sticky baby.

Jacqueline- How are you feeling on birth control? That is so exciting to be so close to IVF! It hasn't quite settled in for me yet- I guess once we figure out financing it will feel more real.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote