Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Should I

I was thinking about putting a little bit of rice or oatmeal in ds formula. He will be four months this Sunday. Some days it seems he spits up more then usual. I want to keep him on his organic formula and they don't make an organic formula with rice starch. So, thought with him being four months it would be ok to put just a tiny bit of cereal in his formula on those days he seems to spit up more. What do you think?

Advertisement

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't. It could make him gassy and mess with digestion. Some days babies just spit up more than others. Unless there are other concerns I'd just leave it be
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Should I

I wouldn't either. It is said to not be safe. I would spoon feed it to him very watered down with formula or use a formula with it in there. Spit up is ok. It isn't ok when they are clearly in pain.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

grain is so bad for humans. please don't feed him rice junk. spit up is normal as long as it isn't like a ton and they aren't in pain.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
grain is so bad for humans. please don't feed him rice junk. spit up is normal as long as it isn't like a ton and they aren't in pain.
It actually helps a lot of kids with reflux. Its not "junk" however it should not be put in a bottle.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

I agree that cereal could help. It and meds were a salvation for dd but we found oatmeal to work better and seemed to taste better and you should be able to find organic baby oatmeal
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DFS aspirates, and while there are thickening agents you can use (Simply Thick is the major one), our children's hospital just uses rice cereal.

BUT...don't do it without consulting your ped. The issue is that they fill up on the rice cereal, which has very little nutrition.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote