Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi!
Sorry Janine, although a week by myself with a kindle fire wouldn't be so bad. I suppose you don't get a private room though.
Heidi I got the GMD prefitteds right at the end of my cding days and loved them. If I started over I would have a bunch of those.

Advertisement

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #12
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday!!!

Morning mamas. I had a rough night. I am SO sore from tiling, I guess. I was alternating tylenol/motrin, and when it came time to go to bed I just couldn't climb the stairs one more time. So I slept on the couch and have been conserving my stair trips as much as possible, as much as you can in a quad split-level house. I can't believe I hurt so bad from just tiling.

Janine, that looks nasty. I agree with Jen, here you usually have to take a next tier ABX for stuff like that and they don't let us stay in the hossy that long for those kinds of procedures - a day at most. I am really glad they are going to keep you for a week and insist you not work a week after.

Kari, hugs on the grocery outing. That is one of my worst nightmares.

Yay Heidi for Tinkle Traps! I have heard great things about those.

My granite will be installed this afternoon. I'm taking the rice cooker over with me so I can cook dinner while they install it, and the kids will probably eat over there. With any luck then all the functional stuff for the kitchen will be done by Friday, and we will start living there Friday night. The movers won't actually move the large furniture until Wednesday, but I am certain we can get the twin mattresses there on our own (blowup bed for us) so the kids can adjust on a weekend and not a school night.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #13
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

cheryl how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEll jack hasn't been sick since finger crossed! I'm sure he will drive me nuts all day. And back to the grocery store fiasco...i stood there in slo mo. not knowing what to do except let him puke lol
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What else could you do Kari? Like you said, it's not like you were at home and could scramble for a bucket. And I'm sure it's not the first time that's happened for them, but I'm sure it was stressful and embarrasing anyway. Ugh.

We are having a lazy morning, Ian and I. I am trying to will the lactic acid buildup out of my legs, LOL, with mind power alone.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #15
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaylucy View Post
I hope you can get something for the pain and the swelling until then, because to me it seems outrageous that you are to wait a week in this kind of pain...
I hope you feel better soon

Courthouse is closed today for voting, so I am supposed to be working from home. Which just means I will spend all day with my extremely slow scanner. One more week until I get paid...my first paycheck since coming back to work.
I have some stronger pain meds now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 View Post
oh pay checks how i miss thee lol. Janine that was fast getting u in for surgery. I can't believe you have to stay a week...here its a one day surgery.
It's faster than it would have been if i'd gone with the hospital the doctor picked out first. They wouldn't even see me until the 29th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Well sine that is staph and it is often resistant to penicillin it often calls for a bigger drug. That is what happened with my strep. Thankfully mine was knocked out with the next drug.

That is suck to get you in in a week. Seems like adults sometimes stay a day in the hosptial here but not a week. Wow..a week in the hospital would make me nuts

How often do you get paid Lucy?
The doctor called the lab and they said it's ok to take penicillin with this infection....not sure why it's taking so long to get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Janine, That definitely sucks that you have to have surgery, but at this point it sounds better than staying sick!

On a completely unrelated note, I finally decided to bite the bullet and get some of my pfs (of which I have too many!) converted to Tinkle Traps. I have 6 of the premium size and love them, they're the first thing I use on N and the only dipes that DH likes for older babies. I have waaaaay too many pfs as it is and it's not worth it to sell them on FSOT, so I'm getting 1 dozen each infant and premium converted. Since I really have no reason to buy any new dipes for baby #3, it'll be nice to have some fluff mail to look forward to.
Yay for fluffy mail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Hi!
Sorry Janine, although a week by myself with a kindle fire wouldn't be so bad. I suppose you don't get a private room though.
Heidi I got the GMD prefitteds right at the end of my cding days and loved them. If I started over I would have a bunch of those.
I'm struggling to get it set up. It seems it really wants a US visa card.....Problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 View Post
cheryl how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEll jack hasn't been sick since finger crossed! I'm sure he will drive me nuts all day. And back to the grocery store fiasco...i stood there in slo mo. not knowing what to do except let him puke lol
I think the best thing you can do at that point is to have him bend forwards so he doesn't puke on himself and keep him in the middle of the isle so he doesn't get any puke on the products on the shelves. Otherwise there's nothing else you can do.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #16
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That makes ME want to vomit, thinking about getting home with groceries that have puke on them
Oh, that sucks Janine. Don't they sell the Fire in Germany?
KMart is selling Nook Colors for $149 this weekend people I am starting to like the iPad more and more, but I still am always worried that DH will come home and say he needs to bring it to work so I don't want to personalize it too much.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #17
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

he was no were near any food it was a wide open area near the eggs which r behind a closed door lol after that i took the baby blanket wrapped jacks hands in it and told him not to touch anything
Old 05-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NO I didn't mean you and Jack. I just meant randomly lol
Today I lined up babysitting for Lydia and am going to go shopping for garden plants for an hour and a half with two ladies from the garden

Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Oh, that sucks Janine. Don't they sell the Fire in Germany?
Nope, there is only the regular kindle here.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #20
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can your brother set it up with his info and an account just for you?