Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #1021
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

5Princesses, I'll pm you the pic tomorrow as photobucket is getting an error loading. Plus I have to go to bed!!

Seriously crazy ebay day for me as it was a week ago that I did all the free listings. I just printed up 8 or 9 items for shipping, I have 3 more to print(will do in morning as I decided to wash one top from GW to freshen it up) and then I have 10 more awaiting payment!!

I have barely any listings left!! Last night was up to 75 or 78?, Then some ended of course with no sale, lots of sales and now I'm down to only 41. I need to do some serious serious listing tomorrow esp as we have no soccer. My days are so full with bringing kids to the pool or park and soccer. Thank goodness it's the last week of soccer.

Starting to like the BIN/offer as I finally sold a couple with BIN (2 BIN and 1 with good offer). Really hope it works out.....

Off to bed, exhausted, have to be up early with kids, chat with you all tomorrow!!

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #1022
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Oh man. I sold a new, vintage ice cream maker and it went to malaysia. I under-estimated the weight (b/c I didn't actually weigh it!), so I ended up losing money on it. Well, they just contacted me and told me it doesn't work right and they want to return it. I told them, don't bother, it cost $30 to ship, and I'll just refund you. Honestly, I doubt they were lying. I mean the thing is 30 years old lol. But I didn't try it either, because then it wouldn't have been new anymore. Gah!

ETA: Erin, reminded me of you, b/c they already left me positive feedback. Told you I'm a sucker!

So I listed a lot of 4 trolls for $15. They sold within a half hour. Weird b/c the completed listings showed that they just aren't selling. Cool for me!

Last edited by 5PrincessMommy; 06-26-2012 at 10:49 PM.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #1023
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy
Oh man. I sold a new, vintage ice cream maker and it went to malaysia. I under-estimated the weight (b/c I didn't actually weigh it!), so I ended up losing money on it. Well, they just contacted me and told me it doesn't work right and they want to return it. I told them, don't bother, it cost $30 to ship, and I'll just refund you. Honestly, I doubt they were lying. I mean the thing is 30 years old lol. But I didn't try it either, because then it wouldn't have been new anymore. Gah!

ETA: Erin, reminded me of you, b/c they already left me positive feedback. Told you I'm a sucker!

So I listed a lot of 4 trolls for $15. They sold within a half hour. Weird b/c the completed listings showed that they just aren't selling. Cool for me!
Aw man! That sucks!! Weird about the trolls. Weren't you saying somewhere in the sales record you can record actual cost and figure out profit? Was that today you said that? I wanted to do it but I can't find the post.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #1024
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykins04

It'll definitely be hard for me to remember to keep receipts, I usually lose them before I even get home lol. I will probably just keep everything and then go to a professional to get our taxes done. I have always done ours myself but it's just been our w2s and nothing else.
I bought a groovy old bankers zipper pouch at gw and am keeping it in the car for receipts. And I am the most disorganized person on the earth, so its helping!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #1025
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrammellyFamily View Post
Aw man! That sucks!! Weird about the trolls. Weren't you saying somewhere in the sales record you can record actual cost and figure out profit? Was that today you said that? I wanted to do it but I can't find the post.
When you sell something, before you print the label go into "view sales record". From there there's a spot to put in item cost (doesn't show the buyer). Then when you go into my ebay on the bottom left hand side there's a spot that says reports. It automatically calculates your profit on every item, including cost of item (if you put it in), PP and ebay fees, and shipping and then gives you your profit. It's pretty cool.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #1026
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy

When you sell something, before you print the label go into "view sales record". From there there's a spot to put in item cost (doesn't show the buyer). Then when you go into my ebay on the bottom left hand side there's a spot that says reports. It automatically calculates your profit on every item, including cost of item (if you put it in), PP and ebay fees, and shipping and then gives you your profit. It's pretty cool.
Ok... I'm not seeing a place to put in cost in the sales record. Maybe I'm tired. Also not seeing reports in my ebay. Lol.
Ok, so I see it has something to do with selling manager pro... it says selling manager pro subscribers can add cost. Now to subscribe to that.

Last edited by TrammellyFamily; 06-26-2012 at 11:46 PM.
TrammellyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #1027
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrammellyFamily View Post
Ok... I'm not seeing a place to put in cost in the sales record. Maybe I'm tired. Also not seeing reports in my ebay. Lol.
Ok, so I see it has something to do with selling manager pro... it says selling manager pro subscribers can add cost. Now to subscribe to that.
yeah lol, should have mentioned that haha
Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #1028
3BoysMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilaniasSuperMomma View Post
They already have! It's called House of Consignment was on VH1. It aired earlier this year. It was based on an eBay business in Chicago called edropoff. She only sells designer or high end goods like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, etc. It is a million dollar ebay store. After the show aired I noticed people looking for people to work for them on craigslist and it was like "new ebay store that only sells high end designer goods needs a photograhper", lol.
Wow, I totally missed that one lol! I love the shows like Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, and American Pickers - I just watch them with my mouth hanging open in awe and envy!

Things are moving soooo slow! I only sold 1 thing during my 25% off sale and had an offer on 1, so I don't think it's because my prices are too high (besides, they can make an offer of lower if they feel that way) but at least I'm making my way through my pile to list! I told dh yesterday that unless something was incredibly priced I was going to lay off on buying until I move some stuff out and he told me "good!"
He has been supportive though! He even looked through a rack of bras at the thrift store and pulled out some saying "These are all VS Pink ones" (so proud of himself ), but they were all pilly and sweat stained or something I guess I can't blame him for not looking too closely I did find 2 that are in pretty good condition from a yard sale for .75 each. I think they're the same size, so I'll probably list them together since they're still good but not EUC.

Visit my Ebay store: Penny Pinching Picks!
3BoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #1029
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Everyone. Really enjoy reading what everyone is up to. I haven't been listing because of work and kid, but will again when I have more time.

Went to a yard sale this weekend and bought a suitcase for my DH who was going on a trip the next day. The handle to his carry-on broke, so he was going to buy a new one. He did try to fix it first, but couldn't. (He is very thrifty, more so than me!) Anyway, they had one for $3 at this yardsale, and he was happy as a clam with it. Also, got a toddler bed, that my toddler will probably never sleep in (we co-sleep) for $6. It's old, all wood, and we are painting it white. Very cute.

So, I had to go back to get the bed, and the lady running the sale told me that I missed all the action. Apparently two ladies got into a big verbal fight over a used $5 comforter. They had to call the police!!!! I'm sure it would be a more interesting story if I had actually been there, but there you have it! Crazy!

SAVERS HAS A COUPON IF YOU SIGN UP ON-LINE. Maybe this has been mentioned before, but they have a club card, and you get 25% off when you go pick it up. I put that in all caps because I know my posts get to be a bit rambly without a lot of info. Haha.

Can anyone direct me to where it shows that a buyer has non-paying bids out there? One of my cases just closed (BIN lady who never paid), but I don't see where it reflects that she did not pay on her profile.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #1030
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Didn't read this til the end, but thought you ladies might find interesting and/or might want to check your listings: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Childrens-Clothing-Boutique/Major-Technical-Issue/5100082810 Not sure how much of a problem it really is/was, since I think most people just do a straight search with sizes. That's what I do anyway!
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote