Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #2881
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Does anyone ever go to thrift stores and find their prices outrageous? Sometimes I think to myself, "this is a THRIFT store, if you price items at nearly new I may as well buy it new!"

I think I need to possibly focus more on garage sales. I have found SOME good stuff at thrift shops so I can't complain entirely.

Yesterday, I stopped at a parking lot rummage sale and bought some McIlhenny soup mugs for cheap. I saw one sold for $9.99, so I'm going to try and list my set of four and see how it does. Do you all think I should list it as a set of four or individually?

Anyone have any good finds this weekend?

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #2882
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Yes, thrift stores can be way overpriced, but what I noticed is they often do not recognize some expensive brands, such as Keen and Teva, etc. I'll get those at Savers for like $3.50 for $100 shoes, and yet they mark a gymboree dress to $11.99. Go figure. So I look for the deals, and ignore the rest. I hardly ever buy clothes anymore, because it's impossible to make profit, or even your money back on clothes.

I didn't do any shopping today. Dh had hurt his back and I finally convinced him to go into urgent care today. Doc gave him some sort of shot and prescription. So I stayed home and got a ton of schoolwork done, which was much needed. I hope to go shopping tomorrow, but we'll see.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #2883
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

oh man, I am constantly telling GW in my head that I can buy it new for that price!

4 offers over night, 2 others I'm letting sit, accepted 1 and countered the rest, everything I had only just listed last night so I think I can do better.

for anyone hunting down VS bras, 34 and under band sizes don't sell real well, but anything larger, with a C cup or bigger will generally be gone fast!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #2884
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj
oh man, I am constantly telling GW in my head that I can buy it new for that price!

4 offers over night, 2 others I'm letting sit, accepted 1 and countered the rest, everything I had only just listed last night so I think I can do better.

for anyone hunting down VS bras, 34 and under band sizes don't sell real well, but anything larger, with a C cup or bigger will generally be gone fast!
I noticed my smaller vs bras sat for a long time! That's true. I did buy 2 j Jill blouses for 2.99 each and listed them for 19.99 w best offer. The first person to look at it offered 14 and I waited, this morning it sold for 20! Yay! And then the first koi top I have had on for a couple weeks sold full price yesterday ($24.99) also sold a pair of switch flops straps for 9, I paid 2, and a pampered chef pastry roller for 7 that I got at a yard sale for 1 like a year ago.
My numbers are low again, 148, I sold a lot. My kids are going with dad this morning so I will shop later maybe.
Ok, this is weird. The neutral the lady left me last week is gone! No sign of it!! I checked online and from my phone, so weird!

Last edited by TrammellyFamily; 08-19-2012 at 09:27 AM.
TrammellyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #2885
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

oh man, I've seen some koi things but didn't know how much I'd get after paying 3.99 + tax, will pay more attention from now on!
was yours anything special in particular? prints better than solid? what kind of condition was it in?

gonna keep an eye out for J Jill stuff! have seen it before but didn't know how well it would sell, adding it to my list! I need to start an actual list before I completely lose my preggo mind lol

148? seems high to me. I just went over 100 for the first time ever last night, had a listing frenzy the last couple days trying to take advantage of the free BIN. I hope they do another before baby is due b/c I'm going to switch to a store for vacation mode before then...
Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #2886
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Someone paid $4.99 + $6 something shipping for a mug and it wasn't even a starbucks mug! I only paid like $0.50 for it! I'm so excited! lol
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:X:L:US:1123
Old 08-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #2887
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

For some reason Ebay is wanting to charge me a $0.50 insertion fee for a bathing suit bottom I'm trying to list, but I haven't listed 50 items this month...and it's only in 1 category...I'm confused - any idea why this would be happening?
Old 08-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #2888
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went to GW and Savers yesterday and looked at all of the scrub tops. No koi among them. There was one print, of all cute little bugs, and it said "does your child have all of his vaccines?" all over it. Reminded me of DS. lol.

I keep looking at the goodie bags in Savers to see if I will luck out and find a Sohpie, but nada. I did get a pair of girls pedipeds for 1.99, which I think I can sell easily.

RE: J Jill, I sold some of my J Jill stuff right away, and was so surprised and pleased, but I've also had some sitting for this past week, so I lowered my BIN prices.

I found a gap madras dress at GW for 5.99 in my baby's size. I had been eyeing this dress on ebay, but missed one auction that went for 20-ish, and then it never came up again. Sooooo happy to find it in my baby's size. And, I got a bread machine at GW for 9.99. It's an old model, made in Japan, according to bread making gurus, it's supposed to be the best. I've seen them on ebay for 60-100. Soooooooooooo happy that I found it so easily. I really just started looking for it.

Sad that the free BIN listings have ended.

Oh, totally didn't realize that justice jeans would weight more than a pound, and lost a few dollars by selling some for 7.99 with shipping. I think I paid 3.99 for them. lol, live and learn!
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #2889
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
For some reason Ebay is wanting to charge me a $0.50 insertion fee for a bathing suit bottom I'm trying to list, but I haven't listed 50 items this month...and it's only in 1 category...I'm confused - any idea why this would be happening?
Are you listing it as a BIN? I believe the free BIN listings ended yesterday. So, you should be able to list free for auction style only . . . . I was going to reply to someone about this, maybe it was you. Have to go back to see which post I was going to respond to.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #2890
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
only auctions are free, the insertion fee is for fixed price listings.