Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #3861
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankybaby View Post
what does everyone think about starting a master thread about things that sell well on ebay? someone can start it and just edit the info as it comes in. i always find it helpful to have a huge list to go off of ( i still have one from 5 years ago, who knows if it is all still valid though) with names of items, where you can find it if it is still being made and ebay completed listings with average sold prices.
I think it would be awesome, especially since I lost my notebook page that had all the brands/items on it that I wrote as I read this whole thread...It would take forever to go back through it! lol

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #3862
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I think it would be awesome, especially since I lost my notebook page that had all the brands/items on it that I wrote as I read this whole thread...It would take forever to go back through it! lol
There's a list already on my blog under "what sells". I add to it when people mention something, but been slacking lately b/c I've been so busy!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #3863
mari.b
Registered Users
seller

I can only get teh padded flat rate envelopes online, correct? I ordered some last weekend but they haven't gotten here yet and I need to ship something to Japan and it won't fit in the unpadded fre. If I shipped it in a box first class the price jumps to $24.16. I guess people overseas know that they are going to be paying crazy prices for shipping, but still. It seems like so much!

Baker's Bargain Boutique - my little piece of ebay
mari.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #3864
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
There's a list already on my blog under "what sells". I add to it when people mention something, but been slacking lately b/c I've been so busy!
lol - I know, but my notebook paper list had literally every brand and item someone mentioned sold on this whole thread! It was Loooooooong! lol
Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #3865
SillyLily
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay, question:

I sold a Baby Gap romper today. The person who bought it has great feedback. It shows as "free shipping", but I had it set to calculate shipping. She hasn't paid yet. The only thing I can think is maybe she is local and wants to pick it up? But I can't see her location. Any ideas?

Here is the listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261091492710?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2F i.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D261091492710%26_rdc% 3D1

If you can't see the link, it is item # 261091492710. Maybe I messed up when listing and it is showing as free shipping as an option? I don't know.
Like to travel? Travel deals referral link.
SillyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #3866
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm seeing 2.48 standard shipping on it
Old 09-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #3867
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari.b View Post
I can only get teh padded flat rate envelopes online, correct? I ordered some last weekend but they haven't gotten here yet and I need to ship something to Japan and it won't fit in the unpadded fre. If I shipped it in a box first class the price jumps to $24.16. I guess people overseas know that they are going to be paying crazy prices for shipping, but still. It seems like so much!
Your post office might have them, but you would have to check first. You can call and ask. Of course, you won't be able to call until Tuesday. I called mine, and they transferred me to another branch/location, about a mile away, and they had them at the second location. They had them behind the desk, so I think they just keep a few on hand, in case anyone needs one, but they don't want to be giving away 20 at a time, kwim?
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #3868
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I see a price for all the shipping options as well! Very strange! Hopefully when she pays, it tacks on the shipping!!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #3869
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got a few more listings up last night and the waiting is killing me! LOL!! I'm just waiting for SOMETHING to come up green. My prices are on the high end of what I saw other things selling for, so we'll see. I was SO frustrated this morning. My DH was in a ranch rodeo at the county fair in our little town. There are rarely any sales in our town but today there were LOADS and I couldn't go to any of them since we were going to the rodeo. I'm sure everyone must wait for the fair weekend when there are lots of people coming through town for the fair to have their sales, I wish they had just had a bunch yesterday too so I could've hit some up.
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #3870
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLily View Post
Okay, question:

I sold a Baby Gap romper today. The person who bought it has great feedback. It shows as "free shipping", but I had it set to calculate shipping. She hasn't paid yet. The only thing I can think is maybe she is local and wants to pick it up? But I can't see her location. Any ideas?

Here is the listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261091492710?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2F i.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D261091492710%26_rdc% 3D1

If you can't see the link, it is item # 261091492710. Maybe I messed up when listing and it is showing as free shipping as an option? I don't know.
Same thing happens to me a lot. Not sure why... I usually notice it on the app. For awhile I was also freaking out that my listings were set to free shipping... but they weren't.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote