Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #3891
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Mindy - the EXACT thing happened to me last week too. I know it was a listing from about 10 days ago or so when ebay was having glitches and the photo's were not loading properly. So I think it was something to do with this. Buyer paid, but took a few days, maybe they were unsure also?

Wow on the winnie the poo letters! Def keep an eye out for those. I think Winnie the Pooh has a big following, just like Mickey Mouse.

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #3892
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilaniasSuperMomma View Post
Me too! I always look at Build A Bears but not loveys. I will definitely look now! Also my goal for this month is to list at least 10 items a day. I think I might even raise it later in the month. I caught a bug and was sick during the last free listing and only listed like 30 things the last 10 days of the month, boooooo.
Do you have a store? If not, do you always list auction style? Or, do you pay for the fixed price listings for some items?

I'm thinking I'm going to start doing more fixed price listings, and just paying the listing fee (and listing for 30 days). I don't list enough to justify a store.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #3893
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari.b View Post
That makes sense. So should I go ahead and invoice him at the fre price and hope they have them or just wait until Tuesday?
I think I would invoice the higher price, just to be safe. Did you have the shipping set to the higher cost shipping? I guess I'm not sure about the FREs for international, as I've never used one. Did you say you wanted it just for the size?

ETA: Oh, just looked it up. Is it 16.95 flat rate shipping international in this envelope? How much is it to ship without the FRE? Sorry if you said this all already, but I don't remember if you said. Oh, and what did you sell to Japan? Just curious! I haven't had any int'l buyers lately . . .

Last edited by GreyMum; 09-01-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #3894
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyMum View Post
Do you have a store? If not, do you always list auction style? Or, do you pay for the fixed price listings for some items?

I'm thinking I'm going to start doing more fixed price listings, and just paying the listing fee (and listing for 30 days). I don't list enough to justify a store.
I save myself the listing fee by doing auction at what I'd be happy with and add a free bin for 10% more. 9 times out of 10 people use the bin.
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #3895
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkicaligirl View Post
I save myself the listing fee by doing auction at what I'd be happy with and add a free bin for 10% more. 9 times out of 10 people use the bin.
That's exactly what I did this last go-around of listings. (I tend to list a bunch of things, then wait for all of the auctions to end before listing more.) I noticed way less traffic, and no one went for the BIN!! I don't know. Maybe it was just a bad week overall?!?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #3896
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

None bought ANYTHING from my auctions with BIN - and for some reason, they seemed to get less interest than auctions w/o BIN, so I just took that option away and let the item go for what I'd ask BIN for. It seems to be working? Though I prefer BIN with BO...*sigh*

Oh, and I got a BO of $10 for these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT and http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT from the same person, but they have free shipping, so when it's all said and done, I might make 10-12 on them...I'm gonna think about them until tomorrow, but I've seen mugs just like these go for at least $15 each, and one of the exact ones went for more than what I'm asking...The guy is definitely interested though, because he messaged me about both of them asking if they were in perfect condition, etc., so I'm thinking this will complete his set or something...

Oh!! And Boy scout uniforms!! I listed it as an auction 2 days ago, and it has a bid for $14.99 already!! Has 5 days left! I paid a DIME for it!!! =D
Old 09-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #3897
llamabeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Psycho shoe girl just emailed me saying "I usually like to resolve issues with sellers before leaving negative feedback" SHE SAID IT!!!
Feedback extortion case put in to the ebay Gods.

What a little brat.
you either ship the shoes back, get your refund (as long as they aren't toe jam infested) or you stop harassing me about your $12 shoes and move on with life.
Beh!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #3898
mari.b
Registered Users
seller

woo hoo! I'm up to 41 things listed!

Baker's Bargain Boutique - my little piece of ebay
mari.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #3899
3BoysMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's slower for me today than it has been - but it's a holiday weekend and people are doing the traveling, family thing (or at least I tell myself that to make myself feel better lol!!)!

Visit my Ebay store: Penny Pinching Picks!
3BoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #3900
mari.b
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyMum View Post
I think I would invoice the higher price, just to be safe. Did you have the shipping set to the higher cost shipping? I guess I'm not sure about the FREs for international, as I've never used one. Did you say you wanted it just for the size?

ETA: Oh, just looked it up. Is it 16.95 flat rate shipping international in this envelope? How much is it to ship without the FRE? Sorry if you said this all already, but I don't remember if you said. Oh, and what did you sell to Japan? Just curious! I haven't had any int'l buyers lately . . .
It is a men's 2x nike pullover. It doesn't quite fit in the unpadded one but I know that more is supposed to fit in the padded. I guess I will just invoice him the other shipping. That way I at least know it fits in the packaging But the thought of over $20 shipping on a dang hoodie makes me sick

Baker's Bargain Boutique - my little piece of ebay
mari.b is offline   Reply With Quote