Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #4391
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh

I know, it does get quicker with time. I also like to have a scale next to me if it's a borderline first class/priority item so I'm not out shipping etc. Small light items are easy enough to figure out.

I know when I bid, I like items that end around 8/9/10pm as kids in bed. However, you are dealing with buyers from pacific time, central, eastern. I think if you begin at 6pm and see how far you get with your listing that would work.

I mainly list BIN so time does not affect it, which is nice...

What do you mean one time to list it? Do you mean with free listings or a certain time of day or week

I know spring/early summer is best for listing summer items. This time of year is still selling, but I think buyers would expect to get more of a bargain, buy ahead for next year etc. I have a lot of gymbo summer boys listed with some watchers. I'm kinda torn as I would like them for my DS, so if they do not sell then no biggie.
I am saving summer gymbo for next year.

I need to buy a scale...that is first on my reinvest list. Figuring out has been tricky. Hopefully I didn't mess up and lose money. I went by what others listed things as.

Is flat rate priority?

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #4392
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasra_nu View Post
Ugh crap... I realized I sold a pair of Skechers as womens size 6, but I think they may have actually been youth size 6 Can't check them now, I mailed them out this afternoon. Hopefully whoever gets them, if they are the wrong size, will be understanding and nice! Fingers crossed!!

Here are the shoes
Wouldn't a big girls size 6 and a women's size 6 be the same size?
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #4393
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I will list at 10pm tomorrow (eastern)...kids will be in bed by then! And it will be 6pm pacific!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #4394
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh View Post
I know, it does get quicker with time. I also like to have a scale next to me if it's a borderline first class/priority item so I'm not out shipping etc. Small light items are easy enough to figure out.

I know when I bid, I like items that end around 8/9/10pm as kids in bed. However, you are dealing with buyers from pacific time, central, eastern. I think if you begin at 6pm and see how far you get with your listing that would work.

I mainly list BIN so time does not affect it, which is nice...

What do you mean one time to list it? Do you mean with free listings or a certain time of day or week

I know spring/early summer is best for listing summer items. This time of year is still selling, but I think buyers would expect to get more of a bargain, buy ahead for next year etc. I have a lot of gymbo summer boys listed with some watchers. I'm kinda torn as I would like them for my DS, so if they do not sell then no biggie.
Sorry I was typing while nursing and not really paying attention to either thing LOL....I'm a lurker here, and I thought that I mentioned one time that summer things are still selling due to australia, etc being different seasons....Thats what I was refering to. I really don't want to wait until next spring yet again.
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #4395
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery

No, girls is youth and same size as boys. Women's 8 = youth 6/men's 6.
Well, I'm not 100% positive. I only have sons.

Eta http://www.skechers.com/c/modal-sizechart.html

Good luck Sarah, I hope it works out.

Sent from my DROID4 using DS Forum

Last edited by tweety612; 09-06-2012 at 03:34 PM.
tweety612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #4396
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee02
I think I will list at 10pm tomorrow (eastern)...kids will be in bed by then! And it will be 6pm pacific!
This is what I do for my auctions.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #4397
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee02

I am saving summer gymbo for next year.

I need to buy a scale...that is first on my reinvest list. Figuring out has been tricky. Hopefully I didn't mess up and lose money. I went by what others listed things as.

Is flat rate priority?
Yes, flat rate is priority

Old 09-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #4398
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh View Post

Tweety - I'll pm you my link. IE is acting SO slow right now on DS.

3boys/Mindy- Yikes!!! You are putting me to shame with your huge amount of listings! How an earth do you manage that many with a newbie and homeschooling!

I did go to savers on Monday, 50% off etc. There regular price is SO overpriced though. I really see them like a expensive thrift store or almost a clothes mentor type store without the consignment. I did hear that they benefit a local charity depending on your location, ours is epilesy. The whole thing seems a little shady to me though as it's not excactly obvious where the $$ goes to. I feel like it is really a for profit business with a small portion going to charity? I really need to check it out more. The lady did show me a punch card, buy so much, get a punch, then discount. Also if you donate that day, you get a 10% discount. So that is good.

I didn't do GW as I was busy yesterday.

Took pics today and will try to list like crazy tonight as tomorrow is busy too. LO is sick again(fever) and wants to be held all the time today except when napping.
You know, somehow I missed there were Savers up near Chicago. Yes, it is supposedly for the epilepsy foundation. When we moved, I actually donated a TON to them (Amvets also) because both places did monthly pickups in my town. I donated a lot of good stuff too.... that was before I started ebaying and I just wanted everything gone. Anyway, I hope at least some of the $ they earn with donations goes to a good cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery View Post
I don't know I hope so? I don't have kids that old so I am not sure. Skechers' size charts have a size 6 in kids and a size 6 in womens and they correlate to different EU sizes so I think they are different. Well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed, not much more I can do!
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #4399
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety612 View Post
No, girls is youth and same size as boys. Women's 8 = youth 6/men's 6.
Well, I'm not 100% positive. I only have sons.

Good luck Sarah, I hope it works out.

Yep, that's how I thought it was too. I don't know why they have to make shoe sizes so darn confusing.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #4400
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ugh crap... I realized I sold a pair of Skechers as womens size 6, but I think they may have actually been youth size 6 Can't check them now, I mailed them out this afternoon. Hopefully whoever gets them, if they are the wrong size, will be understanding and nice! Fingers crossed!!

Here are the shoes

Those are a womens style - I have a few similar and have seen those ones too. I've actually never seen them as a girls, but then again I wouldn't be looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkant View Post
Yes, I've had trouble with shipping both today and yesterday.
OK, good to know it's not me. We had internet/power problems yesterday. Guess I will have to somehow manually update the tracking #

Quote:
You know, somehow I missed there were Savers up near Chicago. Yes, it is supposedly for the epilepsy foundation. When we moved, I actually donated a TON to them (Amvets also) because both places did monthly pickups in my town. I donated a lot of good stuff too.... that was before I started ebaying and I just wanted everything gone. Anyway, I hope at least some of the $ they earn with donations goes to a good cause.

I don't know I hope so? I don't have kids that old so I am not sure. Skechers' size charts have a size 6 in kids and a size 6 in womens and they correlate to different EU sizes so I think they are different. Well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed, not much more I can do!
I think Savers are just newish to up here as I have only heard of them in the last 6 months and also heard an ad on the radio.

OK, so I ordered this great set off ebay for LO in supposed to be size 2T. Love the outfit, been looking for it for awhile. I bid high enough as I really wanted it. Two tops, one pants. Well I got it today and the pants and one top are a size 3T and the other top is size 12-18 months And there is a pen mark on the top(white top/creamish) and also a lot of washwear. None of this was mentioned in the listing.

So I emailed stating this and not sure what I expect, but I think you should at least list the correct size or say the sizes but fit's like blah blah.....

I don't mind the washwear as much as I know it happens easily with this brand, but I think another buyer would be very unhappy.

What do you guys think