Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #4401
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chi-town burbs
Posts: 6,201
My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumstoppers View Post
Sorry I was typing while nursing and not really paying attention to either thing LOL....I'm a lurker here, and I thought that I mentioned one time that summer things are still selling due to australia, etc being different seasons....Thats what I was refering to. I really don't want to wait until next spring yet again.
OK, I get that

I believe a lot of people do sell to australia, not sure if they know the gymbo market though! Also sometimes people going on vacation etc need items. People buy northface etc in the summer and vice versa, so it might sell, but you may not get as many bidders or watchers as you hope. Obviously the lower your price the more interest.



Oh - my shipping has now updated, so hopefully all is ok again.

Advertisement

__________________
Mama of 4!
and precious little one 11/10/11
Leanbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #4402
Bumstoppers's Avatar
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In the middle of nowhere in IL
Posts: 25,331
My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh View Post
OK, I get that

I believe a lot of people do sell to australia, not sure if they know the gymbo market though! Also sometimes people going on vacation etc need items. People buy northface etc in the summer and vice versa, so it might sell, but you may not get as many bidders or watchers as you hope. Obviously the lower your price the more interest.



Oh - my shipping has now updated, so hopefully all is ok again.
Bummer. I guess that I will pack it up then. I always hope for at least $10 a outfit....

I have a bunch of big boys gymbo winter stuff that I work on instead
__________________
Becky Mom to Dawson 13 Hailey 10 Blake 6 Baby Brooke 2 Fabric gallery
Bumstoppers One size fitteds, ai2's and extended wear fitteds stocking Extras on etsy
Stocking today http://hyenacart.com/bittyfluff/st/2...imono-Skittle-
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #4403
deezee02
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,730
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumstoppers

Sorry I was typing while nursing and not really paying attention to either thing LOL....I'm a lurker here, and I thought that I mentioned one time that summer things are still selling due to australia, etc being different seasons....Thats what I was refering to. I really don't want to wait until next spring yet again.
I didn't think about that...hmmmm.
__________________
Mel, SAHM to DS 10/06, Hyploplastic Left Heart Syndrome, DD 7/09, & DS 8/11. Come earn extra cash with me!!!!!!!ebates swagging .
deezee02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #4404
deezee02
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,730
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh

Those are a womens style - I have a few similar and have seen those ones too. I've actually never seen them as a girls, but then again I wouldn't be looking

OK, good to know it's not me. We had internet/power problems yesterday. Guess I will have to somehow manually update the tracking #

I think Savers are just newish to up here as I have only heard of them in the last 6 months and also heard an ad on the radio.

OK, so I ordered this great set off ebay for LO in supposed to be size 2T. Love the outfit, been looking for it for awhile. I bid high enough as I really wanted it. Two tops, one pants. Well I got it today and the pants and one top are a size 3T and the other top is size 12-18 months And there is a pen mark on the top(white top/creamish) and also a lot of washwear. None of this was mentioned in the listing.

So I emailed stating this and not sure what I expect, but I think you should at least list the correct size or say the sizes but fit's like blah blah.....

I don't mind the washwear as much as I know it happens easily with this brand, but I think another buyer would be very unhappy.

What do you guys think
I Know sometimes a stain can be hard to miss...what condition was it listed at? Euc should have little wash wear, no stains ect.

But the sizing? I would totally tell her. She may have not realized it (if she had different items in different sizes)
__________________
Mel, SAHM to DS 10/06, Hyploplastic Left Heart Syndrome, DD 7/09, & DS 8/11. Come earn extra cash with me!!!!!!!ebates swagging .
deezee02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #4405
Bumstoppers's Avatar
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In the middle of nowhere in IL
Posts: 25,331
My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

I got this suitcase today at a yard sale for .50 too...

is it worth my time to list just the suitcase?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-American...item27c89e991a
__________________
Becky Mom to Dawson 13 Hailey 10 Blake 6 Baby Brooke 2 Fabric gallery
Bumstoppers One size fitteds, ai2's and extended wear fitteds stocking Extras on etsy
Stocking today http://hyenacart.com/bittyfluff/st/2...imono-Skittle-
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #4406
Bumstoppers's Avatar
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In the middle of nowhere in IL
Posts: 25,331
My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

I got this suitcase today at a yard sale for .50 too...

is it worth my time to list just the suitcase?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-American...item27c89e991a
__________________
Becky Mom to Dawson 13 Hailey 10 Blake 6 Baby Brooke 2 Fabric gallery
Bumstoppers One size fitteds, ai2's and extended wear fitteds stocking Extras on etsy
Stocking today http://hyenacart.com/bittyfluff/st/2...imono-Skittle-
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #4407
llamabeans's Avatar
llamabeans
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,552
My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Hi girls

Owl situation got resolved, hopefully.
She filed a claim with USPS this AM and then left me pos feedback, so hopefully I don't have anymore issues with that one.
I am unsure of what to do with the owl. He is still presentable, you cannot use it anymore as a vessel though. It smells pretty strange now too, something about the unglazed, exposed old pottery? Smells like feet and old cabinets or something.
I have to hold on to him until I get notice to present him for her claim though.

next situation-
Printer guy.
I got a very sad and dilapidated box today with my mail lady and a charge of $17.73 to get it back. It was his printer. I told my mail lady to take it to the post office, I wasn't sure if the guy wanted to pay the $17.73 + shipping back to him at the right address.
Lesson learned here- there is a 3rd class mail in USPS world, they treat it like crap and it is NOT forward-able.
Poor guy, he doesn't want it. I don't blame him. I shipped it with air filled pillows and shipping peanuts, there was a 4 inch round hole in the box, shipping peanuts who knows where??
So, USPS gets the printer. I get to refund him his $6 and change.
__________________
llamabeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #4408
llamabeans's Avatar
llamabeans
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,552
My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

I'm going to cut shipping breakables and bigger things to a minimum. Too much hassle, man.
__________________
llamabeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #4409
tweety612's Avatar
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeans
I'm going to cut shipping breakables and bigger things to a minimum. Too much hassle, man.
I don't blame you. There's always craigslist for that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh

Those are a womens style - I have a few similar and have seen those ones too. I've actually never seen them as a girls, but then again I wouldn't be looking
?
OK, good to know it's not me. We had internet/power problems yesterday. Guess I will have to somehow manually update the tracking #

I think Savers are just newish to up here as I have only heard of them in the last 6 months and also heard an ad on the radio.

OK, so I ordered this great set off ebay for LO in supposed to be size 2T. Love the outfit, been looking for it for awhile. I bid high enough as I really wanted it. Two tops, one pants. Well I got it today and the pants and one top are a size 3T and the other top is size 12-18 months And there is a pen mark on the top(white top/creamish) and also a lot of washwear. None of this was mentioned in the listing.

So I emailed stating this and not sure what I expect, but I think you should at least list the correct size or say the sizes but fit's like blah blah.....

I don't mind the washwear as much as I know it happens easily with this brand, but I think another buyer would be very unhappy.

What do you guys think
Not as described. If she can't fix it to your satisfaction, file with PayPal.

Sent from my DROID4 using DS Forum
__________________
Mama to 1 big guy 9 yo) 1 little guy (2 yo) and one angel (7/06)

Last edited by tweety612; 09-06-2012 at 05:40 PM.
tweety612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #4410
5PrincessMommy's Avatar
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,275
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

My woody sold for $50 on best offer (automatically accepted), but they haven't paid yet and they only have 19 feedback, so I'm kind of doubting they'll pay...hopefully though!
__________________
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.