Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #4481
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmama2 View Post
It was this cook book. I have another one with the red cover that I've seen go for quite a bit too
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama View Post
I sold my first thing in years today! My book sold! Now, I have a quick question, I bought a bunch of stuff yesterday to list. One thing was a Disney onesie. It is new, but the tag plainly says "part of 3 piece set". Should I leave the tag and list it as NWT? Or not? I only paid 50 cents for it.
I never realized books sell...I saw a ton of old cookbooks and stuff at a yard sale the other day and didn't even glace at them. They were only $0.25 each too...I guess I thought they sell so cheaply, they'd never sell on Ebay. Now I'll definitely be scoping them out!!

Has anyone every had someone not be happy with shoes being sent in a polymailer? The lady left me positive feedback and didn't mention it (thank goodness), but she messaged me and said, "My only real issue was the packaging. I just couldn't believe the shoes came wrapped up taped in a plastic/wrapping paper. I wasn't expecting the original box or anything like that, but the packaging could have just been much better, especially when I did pay for a shipping and handling fee. Other than that the shoes are just as described. Thank you."

I had wrapped the shoes in brown paper individually so they wouldn't rub against each other, then put them in a polymailer, and taped the label on...She paid less than $3 for S&H, there's no way I could have shipped in a box for that cheap!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #4482
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh
Lots of interesting finds you ladies are having! I think I've seen that betty crocker book before too. Guess I'll have to start scanning the GW book section now

New onesie - I would still list it nwt and then state in the listing that it is part of a set. I like to make it very obvious with something like this:

NOTE *********THIS IS ORIGINALLY PART OF A 3 PIECE SET******

so it can't come back to bite me, or for example if it is NWT, but tag is ripped, price off etc. Just in case somebody wants it as a gift and not for personal use.

What kinda disney onesie? I do like those target ones like the monsters inc etc, those were so cute and a 3 piece set.

Scrubs - I totally passed up on some greys anatomy ones as I thought they weren't worth much at savers. Maybe I'll go check out my local GW later as they have a good selection of scrubs.

B's Mommy - nice score on the bag of toys!

So far sold about $50 of stuff overnight, 2 of which I listed last night(vera bradley bag and KVZ wallet) so far a good day Inspires me to list more....
Good thought listing price ripped off! I was going to list something nwt and didn't think of this!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #4483
mari.b
Registered Users
seller

I finally got 2 more feedback today (bringing my grand total to 4 since I've started selling) and one was a very enthusiastic "ok ". I guess the dress wasn't what she thought it would be? Oh well, it is still a positive and that is all I care about!

Baker's Bargain Boutique - my little piece of ebay
mari.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #4484
mari.b
Registered Users
seller

I finally got 2 more feedback today (bringing my grand total to 4 since I've started selling) and one was a very enthusiastic "ok ". I guess the dress wasn't what she thought it would be? Oh well, it is still a positive and that is all I care about!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #4485
mari.b
Registered Users
seller

Old 09-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #4486
3BoysMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My load for $20! around 120 items Hightlights are: 3 lite brites, VS Pink and Angel bras (1 of each), name brand stuff, NWT stuff, Alice in Wonderland costume.....it was awful though! I thought DS4 was getting better and over it pretty much, but then he had diarrhea and threw up on the way home He's going to the dr @3. They were fussing at me on the phone about "when a baby that young has a fever, there's something wrong and they need to be seen right away." Well, they always told me if it was 101.5 or higher. His was 101.4 at it's highest (went down to 101.1 after I took his pj's off!) and it didn't even last 12 hours Wednesday....he's been fever free since after nap Wed! Hopefully we'll get it knocked out. He's not dehydrated or anything and has been eating fine, but it's the weekend and I'd rather get in now than the ER later!

Anway, I only sold 17.50 yesterday and 0000000 today!! Ahhh!! I'm starting a 15% sale in about a 1/2 hour on EVERYTHING listed just to try to move some stuff - I really don't want to pay a late fee on my electric Monday!

Visit my Ebay store: Penny Pinching Picks!
3BoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #4487
3BoysMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My load for $20! around 120 items Hightlights are: 3 lite brites, VS Pink and Angel bras (1 of each), name brand stuff, NWT stuff, Alice in Wonderland costume.....it was awful though! I thought DS4 was getting better and over it pretty much, but then he had diarrhea and threw up on the way home He's going to the dr @3. They were fussing at me on the phone about "when a baby that young has a fever, there's something wrong and they need to be seen right away." Well, they always told me if it was 101.5 or higher. His was 101.4 at it's highest (went down to 101.1 after I took his pj's off!) and it didn't even last 12 hours Wednesday....he's been fever free since after nap Wed! Hopefully we'll get it knocked out. He's not dehydrated or anything and has been eating fine, but it's the weekend and I'd rather get in now than the ER later!

Anway, I only sold 17.50 yesterday and 0000000 today!! Ahhh!! I'm starting a 15% sale in about a 1/2 hour on EVERYTHING listed just to try to move some stuff - I really don't want to pay a late fee on my electric Monday!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #4488
3BoysMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari.b View Post
People leave weird fb - don't worry about it lol! I got this on a VS bra:
"It's pretty precious. Thank you."
and this on a pair of shoes:
"good shoes, fit fine." As if the fit had anything to do with me as a seller?? As long as they're positive, I don't stress!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #4489
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a customer right now who bought a shirt, noticed a flaw I hadn't listed, left negative feedback without contacting me. *I* contacted him to get a return initiated, apologized etc waited a week for him to return it to me (too busy with work apparently), he didn't, emailed me and said it was too hard to get to the post office, he'd take a $10 partial refund instead and then would change feedback. Sent him a feedback change request 4 or 5 days ago, emailed to make sure he got it and nothing. I have a feeling I'm going to be stuck with that stupid negative. The requests are only good for 7 days aren't they? Doesn't ebay require you contact before leaving negative, will they remove it for me? or is that something they're going to start doing, thought I read that somewhere.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #4490
SillyLily
Registered Users
seller
seller

Picked up the lot of new VS stuff. I think I will do really well with it! The girl had even found a few more outfits to throw in. Man, she has a buying problem! It was all online purchase stuff, most still in bags and never tried on or anything.
Like to travel? Travel deals referral link.
SillyLily is offline   Reply With Quote