Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #41
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Oh and I am sure there will come a time that no matter what I do, a buyer won't be happy and will leave me a negative and I am NOT looking forward to that, hehe.

For you, I'd focus on selling and getting as much feedback as you can, that way the percentage of positive will be higher. And holy sheep on the $50 MLP! Wow, that's awesome!

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #42
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

also, vintage stuff I'd put on a 30 day buy it now, because that type of stuff needs the right person to come along, which isn't likely to happen in a 3 or 7 day bid
Old 05-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #43
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMGosh! That was the other one! I sell Avon and ordered a bra that didn't fit me. So instead of returning it to Avon and messing my sales level up I just listed it. She said it was washed and worn. Um, no. It never fit me. I never wore it. Period. Funny that you mention that. LOL. I always refund the money. I even have refunded money and requested they not send it back (if it's a small profit item anyway).
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #44
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
I hate to say it, but it might be your feedback. I typically won't buy from someone with lower than 99% positive. If you made the buyer happy after the fact, you can request they change their feedback.

BUt, my dh will buy from anyone, and has gotten screwed before and he still does it even the the sellers feedback has negatives and I'm like SEE lol
I agree. With only 73 feedback, you have 2 negatives and 2 neutrals showing. A lot of people aren't going to buy from you . The second neg is close to falling out of the percentage though, so the number will go up and only people who read the feedback will notice the 4 bad marks.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #45
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

I've been following this thread... I actually was at WM of all places and found a bunch of great clearance deals the other day. They were really clearing things out super cheap - packaged underwear/tees, clothes (some of which I'll have to save till fall and list then), etc. I am going to start listing things today. I figure some things might be duds, but I saved the receipt

I had wanted to go garage saling over the weekend but didn't have a chance - hoping to hit a couple of town-wide sales this Friday.

There is also an outlet mall 15 minutes from here that I was going to visit this week anyway. No Hanna store, unfortunately... that's what I was really hoping for. But I'll see if I find anything else promising.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #46
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjacqueline View Post
I will have to keep an eye out when we visit outlets on vacation! I have always seen a ton of wonderful deals at the coach outlet. I could get at least $50 profit on some of those bags if not more. The problem is having cash to buy a few up front lol. I just bought an authentic Coach for $75 off of our yardsale group and resold it for $125 - not on eBay but through a posting on my personal FB page - so no fees
Wish you could come shopping with me! There is a Coach outlet at the outlet mall 15 minutes from my house - but I have never owned a Coach bag in my life and I wouldn't have the first clue what I could turn a profit on!!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #47
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Coach I have never owned one either. I buy and sell for profit because I'm too "thrifty" to keep one and miss out on the profit LOL. However I do have a wristlet that is NOT selling. Too bad I don't really care for the color!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #48
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Coach I have never owned one either. I buy and sell for profit because I'm too "thrifty" to keep one and miss out on the profit LOL. However I do have a wristlet that is NOT selling. Too bad I don't really care for the color!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #49
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Relisted my Muppet Babies Casio keyboard last night for $30 and surprisingly it sold within 30 minutes of resisting.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #50
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Whew! I've been listing all afternoon... if anyone has any feedback on my listings let me know - here they are

I think my prices may be a little high, but I figured I would start a bit high then relist lower if I need to. I got all this stuff SO cheap at Walmart the other day (must have caught them when they were clearancing out old inventory or something?), so if it doesn't sell I can certainly return it.

I have lots more to list but I need to take a computer break for now

Some of you got me thinking - I am going to the outlet mall later this week (have to go anyway to get a bday present) and I'm going to check out the Coach outlet to see if anything jumps out at me. And I'm definitely hitting up yard sales anytime I can.