Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #521
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

what are your money making brands mama? I am mostly working on stuff I already have in the house from DS but would be good to know what to keep an eye out for at goodwill etc

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #522
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasra_nu
I've been reading everything, just no time to post. Been running around like crazy, getting DD 's appointments done (she doesn't need eye surgery at this point, thank goodness) , just trying to get lots done before I start the new job Monday. I have 2 laundry baskets of clothes to list, hoping to send dh and DD fishing tomorrow and get some of it up. Today we are out of town for a family get together (im in the car now on the app) so no time today.

I did go by Catholic charities the other day and women's shirts were 5 for $1. Nothing super awesome, but I grabbed lots of lands end, express, Ann Taylor, Christopher and banks, etc. Stuff that will maybe sell for 7 or so. It's all washed, just have to photograph and list.

As for photos - I've been taking mine either hanging in natural light or on a blanket on the floor in natural light - no flash. I may start taking them outside. For women's clothes, id love to get one of those plastic molded hangers shaped like a bust /torso. Anyone seen them brick and mortar? I found them on eBay, but shipping is really high.

Good luck yard saling to those who went out today
Yay for no surgery!!! I have no idea about the mannequin things. Good idea though for sure. I am photographing on my dining room table or hanging in my bathroom near the window. Depending on what it is. Someone said white poster board, thats a great idea.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #523
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy

IMO GYmboree is actually kind of hard to sell. Thing is, it's going to be people like me who are looking for a piece from a certain line in a certain size. You'll make money that way. But those just browsing Gymboree, not really looking for certain pieces, aren't really going to pay $10 for a shirt, kwim? I struggle with gymboree. I really love it, so I keep buying it, but it's not actually one of my "money makers"
Thats good to know, and like with Justice brand, I see it and hesitate because I don't have a girl that age, I'm always unsure if it's the style will sell.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #524
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrammellyFamily View Post
Thats good to know, and like with Justice brand, I see it and hesitate because I don't have a girl that age, I'm always unsure if it's the style will sell.
Justice sells. Shorts and summer shirts and dresses and bathing suits sell. Jeans are not selling right now. Although, don't expect to get more than $7-10 for shorts, about $5-7 for shirts.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #525
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj View Post
what are your money making brands mama? I am mostly working on stuff I already have in the house from DS but would be good to know what to keep an eye out for at goodwill etc
You know, it's the most random stuff that sells LOL. Like, the Speedo lifeguard swimsuit. Just looked at my summary and my highest selling categories right now (these are my store categories) are Victoria's Secret (ALWAYS number one), then electronics (specifically headsets and controllers), then women's accessories (meaning purses and shoes mainly-brand like George, Gina and Lucy, Junior Drake, Coach, Isabelle Fiore, Juicy Couture, shoes like Keen, Teva, Crocs), then Children's Clothing-all other brands (meaning NOT Gymboree and Justice lol), then finally women's clothes. I had good luck selling women's jerseys, Gap cardigans, Motherhood, and 7 for all Mankind jeans.

Trammel-I noticed you have your VS bras priced higher than mine. Are they selling at that price? If so, I am so raising my price on the bras!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #526
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
seller

I just had a listing flagged for removal! I used a stock photo on a pair of torrid swim bottoms, and my own photo. Oops!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #527
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oddly enough, when I run a traffice report, it says that the top serached keyword in my store is Gymboree. Top keywords that people searched for that drove people to my store are: scotty dog size 4 (oddly enough I have that gymboree dress and I can't stinkin sell it!), riccar super stretch (a vintage sewing machine I had), and random things like "brady bunch items for children-b/c of my stores name lol-they were probably sad when they realized I don't have any Brady bunch stuff!).
Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #528
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrammellyFamily View Post
I just had a listing flagged for removal! I used a stock photo on a pair of torrid swim bottoms, and my own photo. Oops!
crazy! I read an article that they were changing it so you can't use stock photos-but don't remember when they said that goes into effect-was that the reason?
Old 06-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #529
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Random tid but of information from my traffic reports-I get the most views to my store, and the most sales between 7 to 10 AM and 7 to 10 PM. So really I should use that info to my advantage. I should list things during that time, because it'll come up as newly listed in the searches, and if doing auctions they'll also be ending at that time, meaning the more people that are viewing my store at that time, the better chances things will sell. I LOVE the traffic report thing. Even tells you what browser and operating system your buyers use (have no idea how to utilize that info for sales).
Old 06-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #530
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy

You know, it's the most random stuff that sells LOL. Like, the Speedo lifeguard swimsuit. Just looked at my summary and my highest selling categories right now (these are my store categories) are Victoria's Secret (ALWAYS number one), then electronics (specifically headsets and controllers), then women's accessories (meaning purses and shoes mainly-brand like George, Gina and Lucy, Junior Drake, Coach, Isabelle Fiore, Juicy Couture, shoes like Keen, Teva, Crocs), then Children's Clothing-all other brands (meaning NOT Gymboree and Justice lol), then finally women's clothes. I had good luck selling women's jerseys, Gap cardigans, Motherhood, and 7 for all Mankind jeans.

Trammel-I noticed you have your VS bras priced higher than mine. Are they selling at that price? If so, I am so raising my price on the bras!
Well I've sold 10 vs items in the past 2 weeks, I don't know if you consider that good or not.