Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
emmehkay
Registered Users
seller

Need Encouragement: Low HCG Levels with Successful Pregnancies

I had my blood drawn yesterday to test my hcg levels and they came back at 80. I should be about 4-5 weeks along, but the doctor wasn't happy with those numbers. I'll be doing a redraw next Monday to see if they are doubling. I know there really isn't anything I can do, but I am a worrier at heart and this is freaking me out. DH doesn't want to talk about it until we get the results next week. Has anyone had a successful pregnancy after the doctor told them their levels were low?

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
emlee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need Encouragement: Low HCG Levels with Successful Pregnancies

Please rest assured ! I was an IVF patient, and we drew my blood at 13 dpo and it was 43. I was ecstatic .. until I saw that it was pretty low compared to other IVF patients at the same dpo (theirs was 200+). In two days, it barely doubled to 89, then a little better than double two days later to 220, and then it jumped to 1309.

It turns out we're having identical twins ! I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow. I think your numbers are just fine. Have you checked out betabase.info ? I think it's fun to play with. The numbers don't matter as much as the doubling times, in my opinion.

Last edited by emlee; 05-08-2012 at 02:27 PM.
emlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't remember my exact levels but the doctor was concerned I would misscarry because my levels were extremely low. I ended up having a healthy baby boy back in October.
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmehkay
I had my blood drawn yesterday to test my hcg levels and they came back at 80. I should be about 4-5 weeks along, but the doctor wasn't happy with those numbers. I'll be doing a redraw next Monday to see if they are doubling. I know there really isn't anything I can do, but I am a worrier at heart and this is freaking me out. DH doesn't want to talk about it until we get the results next week. Has anyone had a successful pregnancy after the doctor told them their levels were low?
Why wait so long? Ask to have the redraw on Friday. One day sooner helps the mind.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
emmehkay
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Why wait so long? Ask to have the redraw on Friday. One day sooner helps the mind.
My prenatals haven't technically started so we have to pay our co-pay plus 30% of the labs. DH doesn't want to spend more money than we need to. He wants to keep it on Monday (the doc's recommended date). I would love to do it earlier, but I'm afraid it would still be inconclusive and I would need to do another one again.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first draw was around 81 I think...can't get into betabase right now so I can't check....

scratch that! Just looked at an old thread and my numbers were 51.9 at roughly 4-5 weeks. So 80 sounds awesome :-)

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
emmehkay
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlee View Post
Please rest assured ! I was an IVF patient, and we drew my blood at 13 dpo and it was 43. I was ecstatic .. until I saw that it was pretty low compared to other IVF patients at the same dpo (theirs was 200+). In two days, it barely doubled to 89, then a little better than double two days later to 220, and then it jumped to 1309.

It turns out we're having identical twins ! I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow. I think your numbers are just fine. Have you checked out betabase.info ? I think it's fun to play with. The numbers don't matter as much as the doubling times, in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncegrl View Post
I don't remember my exact levels but the doctor was concerned I would misscarry because my levels were extremely low. I ended up having a healthy baby boy back in October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
My first draw was around 81 I think...can't get into betabase right now so I can't check....

scratch that! Just looked at an old thread and my numbers were 51.9 at roughly 4-5 weeks. So 80 sounds awesome :-)
Thanks mamas! I'm a bit more ok today. The doc office really freaked me out. I'm trying to put it out of my mind, but I keep hearing the voice in the back of my head telling me not to get too excited, just in case. I've never paid attention to my levels before now.