Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Really gross possible hemorrhoid question

I've never had a hemorrhoid that I remember, though DF claims I did after having DS Anyways, a couple of weeks ago I noticed it really hurt to wear my thong underwear (maternity thongs even) and found I have a (TMI Sorry) pea sized lump right near my butt. Feels like a big zit almost but hurts like crazy when you touch it. I have IBS, with typical severe constipation but I thought things were improving. I guess not much.

I went to the bathroom this evening, and a few hours later when I went to pee I noticed bright red blood when I wiped. I was quickly able to tell it was coming from that lump. It wasn't much but it hurt to touch still ofcourse.

Is this a hemorrhoid? It doesn't feel like I'm pushing that hard, but this 2nd trimester is the first time in months I haven't had to regularly use suppositories to go to the bathroom.

Again, sorry this is gross, but this is all new to me. Any advice?

Advertisement

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Really gross possible hemorrhoid question

Yeah, it sounds like a small hemmeroid. They suck The blood is probably due to pushing too hard and irritating it. Try lots of fiber, water, and don't strain. Warm baths with empsom salt help. Earth mama angel baby mama bottom balm is also a LIFESAVER! And, if it doesn't gross you out too bad, try and kind of "shove it back in" when you put the balm on. If it's on on the outer, it'll heal quicker.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a small one from pushing DS out. I recently noticed that I got one during this pregnancy. I just used some lubricant and pushed it back in, haven't had any problems with it since. I'm hoping its gone for good

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
psylion
Registered Users
seller

Tucks pads can be very soothing too. You're lucky to have not dealt with them much. I have ibs, although the diarrhea type and deal with them often. I'm only 9 weeks along and already have a huge one. I hope our gets better soon.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

sounds like a small hemorrhoid. like kelsey said, you can push it back it. try not to sit too long as that allows blood to pool in the rectal area. also the hemorrhoids can be caused by the pressure of your expanding uterus. when pregnancy is involved, you don't have to be straining during BMs to get a hemorrhoid.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Dont worry!!! A Doctor at Mayo Clinic once told me that anyone with two arms and two legs has at least two hemmeroids They suck but are more common then people think!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
emlee
Registered Users
seller

This may sound really weird, but I've heard that if you take a potato and then slice it, rub the raw end over the hemmie and it supposedly helps a lot.
emlee is offline   Reply With Quote