Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
brayden2020
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Misoprostol experience...

I have to take miso in about thirty minutes. Im dearly afraid because of everything I've read online. I have already started bleeding and passing clots but dr gave this to help it along. Please share your experience so I know what to expect. Im alone at home with my three children. I need to keep it together and keep my mind calm. Ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using diaperswappers.com mobile app

Advertisement

brayden2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

I took it and was not bleeding yet. It was uncomfortable but manageable. I did need some heavy pads and hd to spend some time on the toilet. Hang in there!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #3
brayden2020
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Misoprostol experience...

I took it two hours ago and nothing at all is happening. I thought it would kick in by now. It's just keeping me on edge

Old 01-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs, mama! I hope you're doing okay.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
brayden2020
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm about to strangle my Dr! I called and reported that everything has stopped..that I never had any pain and didn't think I passed it. Dr blew me off and acted like it's normal not everyone has pain and that I probably did pass it but didn't see it. They don't want to see me for a few weeks. I asked about infection etc and they just said id be fine! So I have to just wait weeks to see if it's gone or not, not knowing what's going on with my body. Im fearing ill be at work and everything will kick in i just want this over with

Old 01-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #6
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry! Do you have another doctor you could go to for a second opinion (a pcp or another ob, possibly?)

I'm going through my first miscarriage right now myself (trying to complete it naturally), so I don't really know much of anything but this website has been hugely helpful for me as I've been trying to make sense of our loss and the whole miscarriage process (http://www.stillbirthday.com/).

From what I can tell, the only consistent thing with miscarriages is that they're all different. Some women seem to experience a lot of pain, clotting, etc., while other women don't. It also depends how far along you were when your baby passed. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows a bit more, but as far as I know, the big things you need to watch for are a fever and/or prolonged heavy bleeding.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #7
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say so sorry mama.... and get a 2nd opinion- if you are not comfortable with the opinion find someone who will listen to you and take you seriously.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #8
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraley View Post
Just wanted to say so sorry mama.... and get a 2nd opinion- if you are not comfortable with the opinion find someone who will listen to you and take you seriously.
I agree with this, I have had a few friends go through this and they were always followed up with an ultrasound. It was usually a few days later or even sooner. I wouldn't be comfortable waiting a few weeks especially if I didn't feel confident everything was over.