Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone Struggling for Their First??

I see lots of women on there struggling for their second, third, etc. but is anyone else struggling for their first?

I started ttcing in 2013, then took a year off to pursue adoption, but I'm going back to ttcing now while saving for IVF/surrogacy. I'd love to hear from others struggling just to become mamas.

Advertisement

Michele (27) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube
TTCing at home until spring/summer 2016, then moving onto IVF.
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
AuntyK27
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone Struggling for Their First??

I was told I'd never have a child of my own. I gave up even. Then without even trying I conceived. Thought my body was playing tricks on me. Sure enough I now have a beautiful 11 month old son. I hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AuntyK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. I'm single so highly unlikely I will conceive "without even trying". Just feeling down seeing people have one baby after the next and still be struggling just for one.
Michele (27) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube
Old 05-24-2015, 06:43 AM   #4
pibblemom
Registered Users

We aren't really trying I guess. I would love it. But, with pcos I was told it would never happen. Going on 5 years. We have no kids together. He has 2 with his ex wife. Teens. I would love to get pregnant. Good luck to you.
pibblemom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #5
bluechicken
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have been struggling to have our first for, well many years. We actually ended up adopting, at which point we decided to stop using medical interventions to TTC and leave it up to God. Well, I did. I think DH just gave up and has decided it will never happen. Not very optimistic is he? We both have contributing factors that make it less likely to conceive, though not impossible.

Even after all these years, I still think, "what if" every month. I no longer chart my temps, but do try to keep track of my cycles (they got back to their 'norm' recently, which means the cyst I had been dealing with must have gone away?), and keep up my health. There was a book I read last year that was helpful in showing me some specific ways to help my body. I can not think of the title, but it leaned more towards Eastern Medicine than the traditional book. It was also just a very good general health book. I made some changes and felt better, even if we did not conceive due to the changes.

I think back at times to all the time and worry I wasted using the Pill. At other times I wonder if that has not made it even more difficult for us, as it really threw my body off but I was stubborn and kept using it. Now I would never recommend it for use 'just because'.

I have not been on this site much in the past few years as there were other things in my life requiring my attention. There used to be a very strong presence of those who were TTC their first, but struggling to do so. I think some of them are still around, but may have accomplished their goal and are now on to their 2nd or 3rd. Maybe you can be the one to start a 'new' group of those of us struggling to TTC our first.

Last edited by bluechicken; 08-12-2015 at 04:47 PM.
bluechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still here and still trying..... I think I'm moving on to IVF in the spring/summer of next year. Since I'm single and using a donor I can't NTNP

I met with an agency for international adoption but as much as I would love to adopt the process is so discouraging after what I've already been through with private adoption. Just tired of it all.