Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

I've found my experiences haven't tended to match up well with others. That being said, I'd share if anyone wanted to hear, but my earliest miscarriage was 13 weeks with a 12week baby so mine were very much like mini labors and I'd been through that before so it wasn't all that different.

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun View Post
It is devastating and thank you for sharing. I've had 2 body induced m/cs and recently a d&c. If you want me to add to the post for a d&c experience I will be happy to. I know though that every woman is different but for me my m/cs were easier than the d&c. The d&c actually does have some good points to it too (well not good but as good as it can get in a horrible situation).
We were in the same TTC group, I am SO sorry you lost your beans too. I also had twins but one was a vanishing twin at 6 weeks. Sorry mama. I think there are many women that could benefit from your D&C story if you are willing to share.

Last edited by twinpossible; 05-11-2012 at 09:04 PM.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

This was my experience, as well.
Very similar to my miscarriages I had at home too. T y for sharing the details so others could have SOME IDEA what to expect.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish this thread was around when I had my first m/c it was at 13w 5d. I had NO clue what to expect. I asked the docs in the ER what to expect but they weren't much help. My experience was VERY similar to the OP, horrible contractions, having to actually push the baby out and LOTS of blood. I probably should have gone back to the ER because I was go sit on the toliet and the blood would just poor out, I was light headed too. I had my 2nd m/c at 5w 5d, this one was much less tramatic. Partly because I knew what to expect and because the baby wasn't as big, so less painful contractions, less blood,ect.

I hope this thread will help anyone who is going through this. HUGS for all the mama's who have been through the pain of m/c or are going through it.
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #15
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine were very close to op. The worst feeling ever was actually having to push the baby out. This thread brings it all back and makes them feel like just ysterday. All 4 of mine were in 2008. I had 2 natural and 2 d&c's.
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #16
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Omg, i just had a horrible experience. By dates i should be 11 weeks but the baby never measured more than 6 weeks with only a fetal pole. A week ago, saturday i had soe light brown spotting, then monday i had some pink spotting. Then friday i had what i would called light period bleeding, then saturday it turned into brown, but enough to need a pad. Well sat/sun night/morning i got oldest dd home from her band trip at 1 am. I went to lay back down and felt like i was peeing myself. I ran to the bathroom and it was blood, just pouring out. That continued for hours, i went through a whole box of super pads and 6 panties in 3 hrs. I couldn't sit up cause i would get dizzy, or shake, or get nauseas. There were a bunch of clots. There wasn't a lot of cramps or ctx or even pain, but i had taken a hydrocodine when it started. After i used up all the pads i remembered i had some of those blue bed pads from the hospital in the kids closet, that i used when they had tummy issues. I went and got those and started just laying on them. At 3 i texted my dh that i wasn't doing good. I am home alone right now cause he works out of town. After that i got up one more time and i believe i passed the sac, it felt different than all the other clots, and then i think i must have passed out in the bathroom, i was on the floor. When i got back up it was 4 am. I got back in bed on a potty pad the bleeding has slowed considerably.
like i said not a huge amount of pain but all the blood was uncontrollable. Luckily the kids did not wake up, my bathroom looked like a murder scemecause some times i didn't get to the toilet fast enough.
I hope this is over now.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
Omg, i just had a horrible experience. By dates i should be 11 weeks but the baby never measured more than 6 weeks with only a fetal pole. A week ago, saturday i had soe light brown spotting, then monday i had some pink spotting. Then friday i had what i would called light period bleeding, then saturday it turned into brown, but enough to need a pad. Well sat/sun night/morning i got oldest dd home from her band trip at 1 am. I went to lay back down and felt like i was peeing myself. I ran to the bathroom and it was blood, just pouring out. That continued for hours, i went through a whole box of super pads and 6 panties in 3 hrs. I couldn't sit up cause i would get dizzy, or shake, or get nauseas. There were a bunch of clots. There wasn't a lot of cramps or ctx or even pain, but i had taken a hydrocodine when it started. After i used up all the pads i remembered i had some of those blue bed pads from the hospital in the kids closet, that i used when they had tummy issues. I went and got those and started just laying on them. At 3 i texted my dh that i wasn't doing good. I am home alone right now cause he works out of town. After that i got up one more time and i believe i passed the sac, it felt different than all the other clots, and then i think i must have passed out in the bathroom, i was on the floor. When i got back up it was 4 am. I got back in bed on a potty pad the bleeding has slowed considerably.
like i said not a huge amount of pain but all the blood was uncontrollable. Luckily the kids did not wake up, my bathroom looked like a murder scemecause some times i didn't get to the toilet fast enough.
I hope this is over now.
Oh honey that is terrible! I am so sorry you had to do that all on your own and on Mother's Day too. Make sure you monitor your continued blood loss, you may need to go to the ER for hemorrhaging. Passing out was a bad sign, if you at any point feel dizzy, faint or feverish it's time to go to the hospital. Like I said in my first point, don't be "the hero", this is a very serious matter. I hope you see this post, please seek help.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
redbirdlady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Oh honey that is terrible! I am so sorry you had to do that all on your own and on Mother's Day too. Make sure you monitor your continued blood loss, you may need to go to the ER for hemorrhaging. Passing out was a bad sign, if you at any point feel dizzy, faint or feverish it's time to go to the hospital. Like I said in my first point, don't be "the hero", this is a very serious matter. I hope you see this post, please seek help.
I am doing so much better, i have been up sice 8 and it is 11:30 and i have not needed to change the pad. My head hurts, i think i might be dehydrated, i am drinking. I don't know what happened all of the sudden i just couldn't walk and was on the floor. My bp always drops after labor and that was how i was feeling, but i guess i never have to get up and walk after labor. I feel sooo much better now. Now if only i could get someoe to coo me some yummy lunch, i am starving but too tired to cook and kinda scared to drive.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
I am doing so much better, i have been up sice 8 and it is 11:30 and i have not needed to change the pad. My head hurts, i think i might be dehydrated, i am drinking. I don't know what happened all of the sudden i just couldn't walk and was on the floor. My bp always drops after labor and that was how i was feeling, but i guess i never have to get up and walk after labor. I feel sooo much better now. Now if only i could get someoe to coo me some yummy lunch, i am starving but too tired to cook and kinda scared to drive.
Don't drive! Do you have a friend or family member who can come over and help with your kids as well as take care of you?