Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
yellowitchgrl's Avatar
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,164
My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

I've found my experiences haven't tended to match up well with others. That being said, I'd share if anyone wanted to hear, but my earliest miscarriage was 13 weeks with a 12week baby so mine were very much like mini labors and I'd been through that before so it wasn't all that different.

Advertisement

__________________
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun View Post
It is devastating and thank you for sharing. I've had 2 body induced m/cs and recently a d&c. If you want me to add to the post for a d&c experience I will be happy to. I know though that every woman is different but for me my m/cs were easier than the d&c. The d&c actually does have some good points to it too (well not good but as good as it can get in a horrible situation).
We were in the same TTC group, I am SO sorry you lost your beans too. I also had twins but one was a vanishing twin at 6 weeks. Sorry mama. I think there are many women that could benefit from your D&C story if you are willing to share.
__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.

Last edited by twinpossible; 05-11-2012 at 09:04 PM.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
Maddalena's Avatar
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Honea Path, South Carolina
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

This was my experience, as well.
Very similar to my miscarriages I had at home too. T y for sharing the details so others could have SOME IDEA what to expect.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
ambieone's Avatar
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10,186
My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

I wish this thread was around when I had my first m/c it was at 13w 5d. I had NO clue what to expect. I asked the docs in the ER what to expect but they weren't much help. My experience was VERY similar to the OP, horrible contractions, having to actually push the baby out and LOTS of blood. I probably should have gone back to the ER because I was go sit on the toliet and the blood would just poor out, I was light headed too. I had my 2nd m/c at 5w 5d, this one was much less tramatic. Partly because I knew what to expect and because the baby wasn't as big, so less painful contractions, less blood,ect.

I hope this thread will help anyone who is going through this. HUGS for all the mama's who have been through the pain of m/c or are going through it.
__________________
I've earned over $2000 in agc's and paypal w/ swagbucks and you can too!!!
Ebates get cash back for shopping online!!!
Get a $10gc when you make your first purchase of $25 or more through ebates.
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #15
tasundance's Avatar
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,046
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

Mine were very close to op. The worst feeling ever was actually having to push the baby out. This thread brings it all back and makes them feel like just ysterday. All 4 of mine were in 2008. I had 2 natural and 2 d&c's.
__________________
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #16
ohgirlohboyohno's Avatar
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,645
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

Omg, i just had a horrible experience. By dates i should be 11 weeks but the baby never measured more than 6 weeks with only a fetal pole. A week ago, saturday i had soe light brown spotting, then monday i had some pink spotting. Then friday i had what i would called light period bleeding, then saturday it turned into brown, but enough to need a pad. Well sat/sun night/morning i got oldest dd home from her band trip at 1 am. I went to lay back down and felt like i was peeing myself. I ran to the bathroom and it was blood, just pouring out. That continued for hours, i went through a whole box of super pads and 6 panties in 3 hrs. I couldn't sit up cause i would get dizzy, or shake, or get nauseas. There were a bunch of clots. There wasn't a lot of cramps or ctx or even pain, but i had taken a hydrocodine when it started. After i used up all the pads i remembered i had some of those blue bed pads from the hospital in the kids closet, that i used when they had tummy issues. I went and got those and started just laying on them. At 3 i texted my dh that i wasn't doing good. I am home alone right now cause he works out of town. After that i got up one more time and i believe i passed the sac, it felt different than all the other clots, and then i think i must have passed out in the bathroom, i was on the floor. When i got back up it was 4 am. I got back in bed on a potty pad the bleeding has slowed considerably.
like i said not a huge amount of pain but all the blood was uncontrollable. Luckily the kids did not wake up, my bathroom looked like a murder scemecause some times i didn't get to the toilet fast enough.
I hope this is over now.
__________________
Lanicia Mama to 3 crazy kiddos - A - 14 P - 6 E - 5 and a little baby J - 2

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
Omg, i just had a horrible experience. By dates i should be 11 weeks but the baby never measured more than 6 weeks with only a fetal pole. A week ago, saturday i had soe light brown spotting, then monday i had some pink spotting. Then friday i had what i would called light period bleeding, then saturday it turned into brown, but enough to need a pad. Well sat/sun night/morning i got oldest dd home from her band trip at 1 am. I went to lay back down and felt like i was peeing myself. I ran to the bathroom and it was blood, just pouring out. That continued for hours, i went through a whole box of super pads and 6 panties in 3 hrs. I couldn't sit up cause i would get dizzy, or shake, or get nauseas. There were a bunch of clots. There wasn't a lot of cramps or ctx or even pain, but i had taken a hydrocodine when it started. After i used up all the pads i remembered i had some of those blue bed pads from the hospital in the kids closet, that i used when they had tummy issues. I went and got those and started just laying on them. At 3 i texted my dh that i wasn't doing good. I am home alone right now cause he works out of town. After that i got up one more time and i believe i passed the sac, it felt different than all the other clots, and then i think i must have passed out in the bathroom, i was on the floor. When i got back up it was 4 am. I got back in bed on a potty pad the bleeding has slowed considerably.
like i said not a huge amount of pain but all the blood was uncontrollable. Luckily the kids did not wake up, my bathroom looked like a murder scemecause some times i didn't get to the toilet fast enough.
I hope this is over now.
Oh honey that is terrible! I am so sorry you had to do that all on your own and on Mother's Day too. Make sure you monitor your continued blood loss, you may need to go to the ER for hemorrhaging. Passing out was a bad sign, if you at any point feel dizzy, faint or feverish it's time to go to the hospital. Like I said in my first point, don't be "the hero", this is a very serious matter. I hope you see this post, please seek help.
__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
redbirdlady's Avatar
redbirdlady
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 130
My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

__________________
Mommy to DD6, DS4, baby DD, and angel baby DD, and adopting from Ghana.
Etsy Donate to Team Mercy Project
redbirdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
ohgirlohboyohno's Avatar
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,645
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Oh honey that is terrible! I am so sorry you had to do that all on your own and on Mother's Day too. Make sure you monitor your continued blood loss, you may need to go to the ER for hemorrhaging. Passing out was a bad sign, if you at any point feel dizzy, faint or feverish it's time to go to the hospital. Like I said in my first point, don't be "the hero", this is a very serious matter. I hope you see this post, please seek help.
I am doing so much better, i have been up sice 8 and it is 11:30 and i have not needed to change the pad. My head hurts, i think i might be dehydrated, i am drinking. I don't know what happened all of the sudden i just couldn't walk and was on the floor. My bp always drops after labor and that was how i was feeling, but i guess i never have to get up and walk after labor. I feel sooo much better now. Now if only i could get someoe to coo me some yummy lunch, i am starving but too tired to cook and kinda scared to drive.
__________________
Lanicia Mama to 3 crazy kiddos - A - 14 P - 6 E - 5 and a little baby J - 2

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
I am doing so much better, i have been up sice 8 and it is 11:30 and i have not needed to change the pad. My head hurts, i think i might be dehydrated, i am drinking. I don't know what happened all of the sudden i just couldn't walk and was on the floor. My bp always drops after labor and that was how i was feeling, but i guess i never have to get up and walk after labor. I feel sooo much better now. Now if only i could get someoe to coo me some yummy lunch, i am starving but too tired to cook and kinda scared to drive.
Don't drive! Do you have a friend or family member who can come over and help with your kids as well as take care of you?
__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.