Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno
Omg, i just had a horrible experience. By dates i should be 11 weeks but the baby never measured more than 6 weeks with only a fetal pole. A week ago, saturday i had soe light brown spotting, then monday i had some pink spotting. Then friday i had what i would called light period bleeding, then saturday it turned into brown, but enough to need a pad. Well sat/sun night/morning i got oldest dd home from her band trip at 1 am. I went to lay back down and felt like i was peeing myself. I ran to the bathroom and it was blood, just pouring out. That continued for hours, i went through a whole box of super pads and 6 panties in 3 hrs. I couldn't sit up cause i would get dizzy, or shake, or get nauseas. There were a bunch of clots. There wasn't a lot of cramps or ctx or even pain, but i had taken a hydrocodine when it started. After i used up all the pads i remembered i had some of those blue bed pads from the hospital in the kids closet, that i used when they had tummy issues. I went and got those and started just laying on them. At 3 i texted my dh that i wasn't doing good. I am home alone right now cause he works out of town. After that i got up one more time and i believe i passed the sac, it felt different than all the other clots, and then i think i must have passed out in the bathroom, i was on the floor. When i got back up it was 4 am. I got back in bed on a potty pad the bleeding has slowed considerably.
like i said not a huge amount of pain but all the blood was uncontrollable. Luckily the kids did not wake up, my bathroom looked like a murder scemecause some times i didn't get to the toilet fast enough.
I hope this is over now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno

I am doing so much better, i have been up sice 8 and it is 11:30 and i have not needed to change the pad. My head hurts, i think i might be dehydrated, i am drinking. I don't know what happened all of the sudden i just couldn't walk and was on the floor. My bp always drops after labor and that was how i was feeling, but i guess i never have to get up and walk after labor. I feel sooo much better now. Now if only i could get someoe to coo me some yummy lunch, i am starving but too tired to cook and kinda scared to drive.
Oh sweetie that was just like my last one. Except at the grocery store.

I'm sorry you had to go through this alone.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #22
brookglen
Registered Users

The absolute worst part of my mc was having a husband out of town. It was a really dark day for me. I so sorry you had to go through that alone.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #23
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

Re: What no one tells you about a miscarriage - graphic

mama. What a terrible experience that no mama should have to go through.
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #24
TattoedMama
Registered Users

I wish I had read this before I miscarried yesterday. I will share mine because it was kind of backwards compared to some of the other stories.
I was 10 w 5 d pregnant. Monday, I had pinkish-orange discharge. Called the doctor and they said it was nothing to worry about. Tuesday, it was darker pink. Called the doctor and they scheduled me for an u/s the same day.
U/S showed a sac with no baby. Due to the fact I was already spotting, I wanted to go ahead and do it naturally. The sac only measured 8 weeks so they thought it would be fine.
Wednesday at 11 am, I started having spotting that was actual blood. Not even enough to get on a pad, it was just there when I wiped. I was cramping also. We went and saw a movie and by the time I came home, I was cramping worse but not bleeding any heavier. By 7 pm that evening, the bleeding and cramping at both stopped. I drank a few beers and went to bed.
I woke up Thursday at 8 am with bad cramps. I layed in bed with a heating pad until about 10:30 when the contractions started. They were 5 minutes apart. I drank two shots because I knew it was coming soon. I was home alone because I had sent DS to my parents and DP had gone to work an hour away.
At 11:30 I was standing the kitchen and I felt something slide out. It was the sac and it was about the size of my closed fist. It was followed by a smaller clot but no blood. After having read some other stories where they passed the sac last, I thought maybe the worst was over and I would just bleed for a few days. I was very wrong.
At noon, the contractions were about 3 minutes apart. I felt like something was in my vagina and went to the bathroom. I passed a clot almost as big as the first, followed by a gush of blood. This continued about every 3 minutes until 1:30. At that point, it was happening about every minute to 30 seconds. A large clot and a gush. After about 4 of those very close together, I broke out in a cold sweat and couldn't raise my head without getting sick. I was seeing spots so I leaned forward to the floor and fainted.
When I woke up, I still couldn't raise my head without thinking I was going to faint again so I called 911. The ambulance came and got me and said my blood pressure was extremely low and my heartrate was extremely high. I was brought to the er where I denied any pain medication. At that point, it was like one constant contraction. It did not let up at all. I felt the need to push about 2:30. I pushed out about 2 handfuls of tissue within 15 minutes. Then the contraction stopped and I stopped feeling faint. The dr checked me and my cervix was almost closed and he could clear out the blood easily. I felt immediately better. They monitored me until 6 pm and made sure my blood pressure was regulated and sent me home.
That was yesterday, and today I feel great. There is no pain and only minor bleeding. I did pass a clot when I woke up this morning but I'm guessing that was just blood that couldn't come out because I was lying down. I feel weak and tired but that's all.

If I could do it over, I would have layed down on the floor on a towel when the contractions were that close together instead of sitting up. And I would have had someone here with me. If I hadn't leaned forward off the toilet, I could have passed out and hit my head on the tub or something.

I just hope this might help another mama who doesn't know what to expect.
TattoedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #25
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

I can share my experience some time as well. I typically don't share only because it is so taboo in the community to talk about it. But I am an open book otherwise.

My miscarriage was induced with cytotec at home. We knew within a 2 hour window of when our babe died.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

TattoedMama - what a horrible experience It pains me that so many of us experience this, hopefully we will all get a healthy full term baby the next time around.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #27
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Oh mama

I miscarried last year at about the same gestation - baby measured 10w5d with no heartbeat at my 11w1d appt. I had a D&C 3 days later because I was on blood thinners and they were worried about me hemorrhaging/blood loss. There was a mama in my DDC back then who had a similar experience as you. She was bleeding heavily while waiting to have her D&C and had to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. It really is scary, especially if you are home alone with other LOs. I do think dr's should tell you more of what to expect if one does choose to forego the D&C. It seems fairly common for mamas to start bleeding heavily, and if you were sleeping or lost consciousness and no one else was around - it could be a very scary situation.

I am so sorry for all you had to go through. I don't think you made the wrong choice necessarily - I wanted to wait for baby to pass naturally when I had my D&C, but due to my blood thinners, I just had no choice. My D&C was easy peasy compared to what you went through - I was semi-conscious and on my way home very shortly after, almost no bleeding. (I mean, it WASN'T easy, but it could have been oh so much worse, KWIM)

I just hate that any of us have to go through a loss - and so many have. It's hard and it just sucks beyond words. I still struggle with my loss every day, and wonder what might have been. The emotional part was the hardest part for me.

Anyway, thinking of you mama, and praying for healing and rainbow babies for all of us.

Last edited by sasra_nu; 05-25-2012 at 11:27 AM.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #28
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasra_nu View Post
Oh mama

I miscarried last year at about the same gestation - baby measured 10w5d with no heartbeat at my 11w1d appt. I had a D&C 3 days later because I was on blood thinners and they were worried about me hemorrhaging/blood loss. There was a mama in my DDC back then who had a similar experience as you. She was bleeding heavily while waiting to have her D&C and had to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. It really is scary, especially if you are home alone with other LOs. I do think dr's should tell you more of what to expect if one does choose to forego the D&C. It seems fairly common for mamas to start bleeding heavily, and if you were sleeping or lost consciousness and no one else was around - it could be a very scary situation.

I am so sorry for all you had to go through. I don't think you made the wrong choice necessarily - I wanted to wait for baby to pass naturally when I had my D&C, but due to my blood thinners, I just had no choice. My D&C was easy peasy compared to what you went through - I was semi-conscious and on my way home very shortly after, almost no bleeding. (I mean, it WASN'T easy, but it could have been oh so much worse, KWIM)

I just hate that any of us have to go through a loss - and so many have. It's hard and it just sucks beyond words. I still struggle with my loss every day, and wonder what might have been. The emotional part was the hardest part for me.

Anyway, thinking of you mama, and praying for healing and rainbow babies for all of us.
Thanks for sharing mama! One of the reasons why I think I might have picked the harder path looking back is it made my m/c last 3 weeks! When I sat down with a clear head and thought about everything I just couldn't believe almost a month of my life was spent bleeding, in surgery and recovering. One of the benefits to passing the m/c naturally that I didn't mention before was being able to see, hold and bury my baby. If I had a D&C I would have walked in pregnant and walked out empty, at least I could have the chance to bury the baby and say good bye.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #29
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

So many of you were SO supportive so I started a thread support group in the TTC forum for those of us who had our m/c and are now TTC again. I hope you come on over!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #30
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:

I'm so sorry Mama.. and all the Mamas in this thread who have shared.

I'll share my 14 week loss story.
DH, myself, and the kids were at Chuckee Cheese. I felt a gush and went to the bathroom, I had clear fluid with tinges of red in it. We had just dtd that morning so I figured it was irritation from that and well, after sex juices flowing. BUT, it did concern me because this was my 5th pregnancy and I had NEVER spotted with any of my prior pregnancies, not once, not even after a pap. So I was concerned but tried to remain positive.
I went to bed that night and I had a dream that I woke up with blood all over my underwear and bed. I woke up from that dream and had to pee, I was SO relieved when there was no blood! I went back to sleep, but the 2nd time I woke up, there was blood everywhere, just like the dream I had prior.

I sat on the toilet and it was just globs and blood streaming out. At this point I knew I was miscarrying. The contractions then started so I sat in the tub to relax. My tub water too turned red nearly instantly.
It wasn't comforting to see chunks floating around the bath so I got out.
I got to a point where I was feeling weak and dizzy and asked my husband to take me to the ER.
We arrived there, they took my vitals, hooked me up to an IV, then sent me back to the waiting room to wait. And wait. And wait.
I would continue to soak through pads and go to the restroom and feel stuff coming out of me.

At one point I had a strong contraction and I felt one last big plop fall into the toilet. I really feel that was the fetus. But I couldn't look. I know that may seem messed up, but I just couldn't. I flushed the toilet.
Finally soon after that they took me back for an ultrasound, my uterus was empty. My HCG levels were that of someone around 10 weeks, not 14 weeks, so my HCG had been dropping for some time.
The cramps subsided soon after that last big plop, I am convinced that was the fetus. I flushed away.
I was feeling (physically) better and was sent home. I bled over the next few days, but I was surprised how quickly it seemed to diminish after that first day.

Emotionally it was very hard.
But I had a normal period a month later. And conceived on the next cycle after that. I went on to have a very healthy rainbow baby boy!

But yes, nobody talks about how it's a small scale labor. I had no idea I would be experiencing contractions every few minutes that would get stronger and stronger, just like a labor. I am thankful that I had a "successful" miscarriage in the sense that there were no complications or D&C needed.

Ok, well that's my 14 week loss story
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote