Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2016, 03:01 PM   #1
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:
After you're gone...

...are you ever worried what will happen to your kids?

Ds's dad and I split shortly after he was born (long story-basically, we fought because I couldn't bring myself to abort and then he was jealous and angry over my attention to baby)and he wasn't involved until ds was around 3. Since then he takes him every other weekend but ds has HORRIBLE behavior after he comes home (screaming, threatening, bedwetting- yes I've spoke to a lawyer and he's starting counseling to find out what's up). His dad is nice to him, feeds him, gets him all the latest tablets and games, etc, but totally neglects his eating habits and emotional needs, and I suspect that's a huge part of the behavior issues.

My fiance has been a stand-in dad for ds since the day he was born, including being with me in the hospital. We have always been good friends and had dated previously, and he's always said that he felt led to care for children. He's taken ds to work with him, taken him to baseball games, babysat for me, never missed a party or event or anything in 8 years. Anyway, I was thinking the other day about the fact that if I die, ds goes to his dad. I'm really worried about his well being if this happens and intend to stay alive for as long as possible, but I can't help but think how devastating it would be to both of them to be separated. Do courts look at that?

Fiance and ex get along ok and I think he'd let him have ds for a weekend here and there......it's just such an awful thought.

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #2
Armymom31
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: After you're gone...

Do you think your ex would allow your fiance to adopt your son?
Armymom31 is offline   Reply With Quote