Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
tmunky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Another lesbian couple here. we have a 5 month old daughter from anonymous sperm. Good luck to all of you TTCers!

Advertisement

tmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #12
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
add me to the list of single moms
Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
mandalaca
Registered Users
seller

Hi, my wife isn't on here but we have been married almost 2 yrs, together almost 5. She carried our first baby just born in March.
To PP who mentioned the one in ten, a Williams Institute researcher did a really good meta analysis for the Post and showed that the number is likely more like 3 or 4 percent. I can find the link if you are interested!
mandalaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gay or Lesbian Family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalaca View Post
Hi, my wife isn't on here but we have been married almost 2 yrs, together almost 5. She carried our first baby just born in March.
To PP who mentioned the one in ten, a Williams Institute researcher did a really good meta analysis for the Post and showed that the number is likely more like 3 or 4 percent. I can find the link if you are interested!
Hi Congrats on your LO!

No thanks, the 1 in 10 is just the popularly thrown about number; I have no misconceptions that it's the honest truth. I've done a significant amount of reading on the topic & there are very, very few "good" studies out there regarding the prevalence of LGBTQ individuals in the general population & even fewer of them give a good nod to the idea of sexuality as a continuum--if the research is...not flawed, per se, but not...thorough?...then the results of meta-analysis are equally as "flawed", KWIM?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
mandalaca
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the congrats, he is such a great addition to our zoo (we also have five pets, lol!)

Agreed that more researchers should acknowledge the continuum, but most of the studies this Williams demographer looked at were pretty comprehensive in that there were lots of options for people to check, etc, and I feel pretty confident that his numbers were consistent w the # of _self-identified_ non-hetero individuals. He also discusses studies that show more like 9-11 or so percent have had same sex relations previously although are not in any way queer identified now, which may be where the 1 in 10 number comes from.

Anyway, an interesting topic..as are most all sexuality, gender, demography issues to me

Glad to find this thread.

Btw, anyone take their LOs to any Pride events in pride-y dipes? I had two rainbow ones and DS got sooo many compliments on them... I think I interested one queer mom in CDing bc of them
mandalaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
kijip
Registered Users

Straight married lady here but my brother is a SAHD with a husband and 2 little girls. My brother buys and sells on diaperswappers sometimes.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Awesome! Tell him we don't bite...well, okay, we won't bite him I was thinking the other day that I didn't think I'd ever seen any (out to the DS community at large) gay dads on here & that it was a shame...
Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #18
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Another one here! My wife and I have an almost 21 month old son... whom I carried. We have been togehter for 6 years, married for 4, and TTC#2 anyday now as soon as my body chooses to cooperate
Old 08-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
DevotedAuntie
Registered Users

My gf and I have been together for a little over 7 years and are raising my almost 5 month old niece (which is a whole other story!) I have a daughter from a previous relationship who is now all grown up and married she's actually due with my grandchild in October. She was 15 when we finalized her adoption so we missed her childhood, and now I'm gonna be a grandma at 32..we were ttc however that's been a little difficult since the baby came so once she sleeps through the night I'm hoping I have the energy to do something other than take care of her.
My few minutes of down time are spent reading ds on my ipod even though I don't post often it keeps me somewhat sane lol

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 08-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalaca
Thanks for the congrats, he is such a great addition to our zoo (we also have five pets, lol!)

Agreed that more researchers should acknowledge the continuum, but most of the studies this Williams demographer looked at were pretty comprehensive in that there were lots of options for people to check, etc, and I feel pretty confident that his numbers were consistent w the # of _self-identified_ non-hetero individuals. He also discusses studies that show more like 9-11 or so percent have had same sex relations previously although are not in any way queer identified now, which may be where the 1 in 10 number comes from.

Anyway, an interesting topic..as are most all sexuality, gender, demography issues to me

Glad to find this thread.

Btw, anyone take their LOs to any Pride events in pride-y dipes? I had two rainbow ones and DS got sooo many compliments on them... I think I interested one queer mom in CDing bc of them
What is a queer mom? Is that the same as lesbian?
I am straight married with one daughter and one step daughter but I say as long as someone is happy and not harming another live and let live
Sarah-B is online now   Reply With Quote